ASDGAAE....the new name for asexuality

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
flergalwit
Mega Member

Re: ASDGAAE....the new name for asexuality

Postby flergalwit » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:27 am

I don't think the relaxed moderation style of apositive would work on AVEN. given its size and visibility. Most likely if we had super-liberal or non-existent moderation on AVEN it would not end up like apositve - it would end up like tumblr.

But that's fine. It's why there are two different sites. What is good for one isn't necessarily good for the other.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:43 am

God forbid

Aven does enough damage to asexuality without trash sites like tumblr and live journal being in the frame

I remember a saying that..... you get the government you deserve

It would seem in apositive we have been very fortunate ... Aven, well they have what they deserve :lol:

I suppose there is one saving grace for aven..... When they claim to project visibility and education about asexuality... They have never claimed it would be accurate or truthful... If they had, they would have been right royaly fucked :lol:

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:02 pm

I truly believe that the moderation style that I use would work on AVEN, eventually, but before that happened it would cause some major disruption, a LOT of whining, and even more accusations of unfairness and conspiracy on the part of the admods.
Lots of teenagers have a built-in dislike for any kind of authority and, unfortunately, they make up a large portion of AVEN's membership.

The membership would be screaming bloody murder if AVEN's mods were chosen by the other admods, based on their merit, instead of being elected by popular vote. (If it had always been done this way there would be no problem, but to start it now? YIPES!!)

I think the use of edits and explanations instead of warnings might go over okay, but for that method to work with total fairness the admod team would have to be in much better agreement with each other. Popular elections pretty much insure that that can never happen .... so, AVEN gets the government it deserves after all.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:41 am

Another site I use .... The site owner is quite active in and he and he alone picks mods, no elections, no notifications , nothing but then again his site is mostly used by adults... And apart from the occasional handbag hissy fit, they are almost non existent in their modding

I suppose at some stage I will just have to accept aven does more harm to asexuality than any non believers and it's mostly because by what you see in front of you.... Asexuality is a temporary phase claimed by 18-22 year olds