What would you want from an Asexual forum ?

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
PiF
Apositive Star

What would you want from an Asexual forum ?

Postby PiF » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:36 am

We have Aven , we have Apositive and a few others but if a new site was being created genuinely for Asexuals what do you think it should have, do, explain etc..if you had your own site how and what would you do to get it going and keep it going?...discuss

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: What would you want from an Asexual forum ?

Postby KAGU143 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:36 am

When you say a new site "genuinely" for asexuals it sounds to me like you want one that's restricted to people who meet your specific definition of asexual.
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting. I don't really have much of an opinion, other that to say that I would probably find such a place to be boring.

Preaching to the choir is no way to learn how to write a better sermon.
Admittedly, I'm one of those weird people who actually enjoy communicating with others who have different views. Sometimes I learn something new, sometimes I don't, but it's almost always worth the effort that it takes to understand the reasons behind someone's opposing views.
Even when they're wrong! :mrgreen:
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star

Re: What would you want from an Asexual forum ?

Postby PiF » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:46 am

Not exclusive to asexuals, the subject matter would become far to boring..but more of a resource for asexuals than a social site that happens to have asexual in the title

Apositive is the best choice but i think it loses traffic and search results purely because of the title in that it looks like a site for those who are either A positive blood group or...an aids positive site..so in that i feel it misses many asexual search requests which is a shame as I truly do feel it is where aven was when it was for asexuals.

plus i think we can boost apositives rich history with some more asexual inputs ...as appositive is very much like aven was before aven slept with anyone for viewing figures and apositive genuinely is a safe place for asexuals ..even more so in that it allows all opinions and not just the official mantra or your banned style they have in aven...I love that about appositive.

To be honest even though I own the avenforum.com domain....I feel apositive is the true asexual safe place and has a lot to offer.