Are the new wave of "asexuals" just shit shags?

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
flergalwit
Mega Member

Re: Are the new wave of "asexuals" just shit shags?

Postby flergalwit » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:18 am

(my emphasis)
PiF wrote:as to shagging michael..the after talk would do my head in....oooo that was beautifull..a transportal sexual experience based on no orientational non repressed non binary super solutional physical enlightenment, there was no defining what that meant to me other than it should be shared as a non definitional experience, I think I should go on a march to share this experience...then I would say..it was just a shag

Silleh piffeh. I've always been clear that asexuality is a sexual orientation. Though my recollection is that for a time you agreed with those on avalanche who said asexuality is a lack of orientation rather than an orientation. (I respect that view but don't agree with it for a number of reasons.)

Oh and I'm binary btw. And it might surprise you to learn that I have about as much dislike of the pomo BS that's dominating much of the academic humanities departments as you do...

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:51 am

I did in the early days feel asexuality was an orientation but as time went on I do not feel it is and have said so on many times.

Orientation is who you orientate towards...asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction..not the lack of who you orientate towards...I am straight therefore I orientate towards the ladies..orientation is nothing to do with the definition of asexuality as it can be applied to sexuals as well

Binary? you a computer code? it highlights what I see as accurate and easy to define with your lets walk down a path of silliness that has nothing to do with asexuality and let me convince you that blue is orange and the fairies mean asexuality is whatever you want it to be..but lets pretend I am saying the definition.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:07 am

PiF wrote:I did in the early days feel asexuality was an orientation but as time went on I do not feel it is and have said so on many times.

Then you are the one saying it is "non-orientational" (whatever that means) not I. Kindly therefore attribute it to yourself not to me.

PiF wrote:Binary? you a computer code?

Why not do some research into etymology? You'll find that the term binary long precedes the invention of computers.

When I say I'm binary I mean that I am male. That's it. I am not genderqueer, third gender, gender-fluid, etc etc etc. Just male. See, that really isn't too difficult to understand now is it?

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:17 am

Then why didn't you simply say male? why do you feel the need to tart it up for effect?

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:19 am

Because I was quoting you, you silleh piffeh, and even boldified the relevant part(s) for your convenience.

flergalwit wrote:(my emphasis)
PiF wrote:as to shagging michael..the after talk would do my head in....oooo that was beautifull..a transportal sexual experience based on no orientational non repressed non binary super solutional physical enlightenment, there was no defining what that meant to me other than it should be shared as a non definitional experience, I think I should go on a march to share this experience...then I would say..it was just a shag

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:35 am

It was humour to show how aven and it's mouth pieces have lost thier way by making asexuality about every thing asexuality isn't and being very silly

your ability to confuse rather than clarify really proves my point quite eloquently and might explain why it appears to be a qualifying standard for avens backroom :lol:

K.I.S.S. and that isn't me blowing you one...or blowing you :P :lol:

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:54 am

PiF wrote:your ability to confuse rather than clarify really proves my point quite eloquently and might explain why it appears to be a qualifying standard for avens backroom :lol:

The fact that *you* are confused means very little to me, given your history of confusions about just about... everything.

PiF wrote:K.I.S.S. and that isn't me blowing you one...or blowing you :P :lol:

All right, let me K.I.S.S. for you then. :p Straight talk time...

These interminable threads of yours are not uncovering something deeply wrong with AVEN or the way it projects asexuality. Rather they are revealing your own personal obsession with AVEN, your own personal obsession with grays and your own personal obsession with labels that you don't personally identify with or find useful.

If that was too straight, direct and simple for you, I'll be happy to go back to light hearted mockery, which I actually prefer (and shows I do quite like you anyway, as I never mock people I dislike to their face).

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:28 am

Now now fungus face :lol: :P

If I was the only one confused you wouldn't have threads 34 pages long going on about the definition would you...so less of the hiding and some more honesty please

My obsession with labels is that there are far far far too many to help our correct visibility...it really is that simple

Now you can dress it up as something else if you wish but we both know clear messages have always worked better when your trying to convey a message as you point out.....see , you can do it if you want too...now if you can put your big boy pants on and stand up to the confusionaires that reside in colour in the other place...then truly you would have made a step forward for correct asexual visibility....go on...try it..you know you want too..it won't hurt...honest :thumb:

and If you get frightened of telling the truth in there...come and see me again and I 'll tell them off :dance:

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:41 am

PiF wrote:If I was the only one confused you wouldn't have threads 34 pages long going on about the definition would you...

Some people disagree with the definition. Some people want to debate what "sexual attraction" means or doesn't mean.

No-one is confused that AVEN defines asexuality as the lack of sexual attraction.

PiF wrote:My obsession with labels is that there are far far far too many to help our correct visibility...it really is that simple

The vast majority of these excessive labels stay within the community. Our outward face tends to only talk about the sexual and romantic orientations - occasionally a couple of others, but not many.

The few times they are mentioned at all in the wider world, the reaction I've found has been positive not negative, because some of these words go well beyond the asexual experience and can be useful for people who are not asexual too. That's a strength not a weakness.

Some words turn out to be useful. Some words turn out to last 10 minutes or a single thread. But I'd much prefer we felt free to make up words, some of which will never see the light of day, than were afraid to for fear of looking stupid.

PiF wrote:Now you can dress it up as something else if you wish but we both know clear messages have always worked better when your trying to convey a message as you point out.....see , you can do it if you want too...now if you can put your big boy pants on and stand up to the confusionaires that reside in colour in the other place...then truly you would have made a step forward for correct asexual visibility....go on...try it..you know you want too..it won't hurt...honest :thumb:

Thanks but I am a part of "the confusionaries [double sic] that reside in colour in the other place" and I have no issue with AVEN's approach in this regard.

Narnia
Established Member

Postby Narnia » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:42 am

But people are directed to AVEN and go to get further information. When we first get there it's so confusing; I can't be the only one to give up and 'go home'. SO while you may be correct insaying the various categories stay inside AVEN where most people seem to know what's meant by the terms; newcomers or visitors don't.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:58 am

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:48 pm

People are directed to the front page, the wiki and other resources to get further information. Getting information from forum posts is always going to be hit-and-miss, because anyone can post whatever they like, as long as it's within the ToS.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:46 pm

Mods are supposed to do more than just warn and ban people as project team are supposed to do more than pat themselves on the back..the point is Michael...it's a cop out to just say it's all the members fault when between the project team, the mods, the admins and the owner...they could all play a part that encourages the correct and discourages the bad

At some point someone has to stand up, take ownership and stop running away...until then..silly terms and how they reflect on asexuality..are firmly at the backrooms feet///they can change that if they want too, return the integrity and bring back some honesty with purpose rather than just turning a blind eye.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:52 pm

Sigh. It's not the members' fault. It's not the admods' fault. It's not the PT's fault. It's no-one's fault, because the forum postings has *never claimed* to be an authoritative depository of information on asexuality.

A forum is where people discuss things. It's not where they give polished dissertations on official AVEN doctrine. To the extent that such a thing even exists, try the front page and the wiki or perhaps forum posts that are specifically marked as informational (pinned, signed by the team etc), not random forum posts. It's certainly none of the teams' jobs to correct every single piece of dubious information anyone posts on AVEN.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:00 pm

I haven't asked them too can you show me where I have?

we have more mods now than we have ever had, more rules now than we have ever had...and yet it is still no one fault...likely that level of "sigh" might just be responsible ?

has never claimed? the largest asexual site has not recognised it has a responsibility to be as correct as it can? possibly there in lays the biggest problem of all..still don't worry..it's no ones fault

Narnia
Established Member

Postby Narnia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:55 am

That's just typical of things today. It is NEVER anyone's fault - everyone demands their rights but none understand they have responsibilities as well. AVEN is the #1 place to go to to meet and talk to others who might be like us - surely the people in charge have some responsibility to try to keep it at least what it's supposed to be? I understand that they can't jump on everything but some of these terms are just dwonright silly.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:13 am

PiF wrote:I haven't asked them too can you show me where I have?

Well since you apparently think it's the teams' fault if someone posts incorrect information and it doesn't get corrected, it does look like you're doing it right here.

PiF wrote:we have more mods now than we have ever had, more rules now than we have ever had...and yet it is still no one fault...

The rules don't include "Thou shalt not post incorrect information on the AVEN forums".

PiF wrote:has never claimed? the largest asexual site has not recognised it has a responsibility to be as correct as it can?

As far as the forum posts go, that is correct. Forums are for discussion. Anyone who gets their information from random forum posts without checking it out against more reliable sources is gonna become misled really quickly.

PiF wrote:possibly there in lays the biggest problem of all..still don't worry..it's no ones fault

Wrong way round. It's no-one's fault because it's not a problem. Not vice versa.

Narnia
Established Member

Postby Narnia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:31 am

Bearing in mind that most of the new and even existing members are younger and not as wise as you, how many do you honestly think know that
Anyone who gets their information from random forum posts without checking it out against more reliable sources is gonna become misled really quickly.

If they don't then there is a problem - but don't worry, it's no-ones fault except theirs.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:36 am

Michael, most will never use search in Aven you know this

I get it Michael truly I do, you, the project team, the mods, the admins and the site owner feel it's not their job to correct incorrect information about asexuals or make sure what information out there is as correct as it can be...hold on a minute?

Perhaps Michael I could ask a favour? Looking through aven you will rarely find (apart from the technical glitches) a "hey guys we got it wrong, any ideas how to make things better?" there is no review process, nor either a maximum time limit a mod can serve therefore removing the ability for change/improvement through accountability. You could also ask "As we expand, we seem to be changing direction..do you agree or not..what is your thoughts?"

Infact there is very little a member can do as there are no review process's in place. Would you be so kind as to suggest back there in the inner sanctum that they consider such things as the ability to review avens direction and backroom performance? ..if they did they might not have to stick their head in the sand so often or have so many bannings if they were more open in their own performance and honesty in ability to change through review.Lets be honest they have even dropped declassification which is handy as some of the more contentious issues may have seen some saying...really?

What do you think? will they change from we know best ....to a collective "we" can do it better if everyone is valid and involved? ...Mods/admins (or those in charge) in a job for life situation is rarely a scenario for open and honest dialogue in any walk of life

I'll even dangle a carrot..put in place a yearly review of the backrooms performance perhaps through an annual consensus questionarre...so members can have a say to Avens direction and....make all mod posts a 2 year maximum, then the position goes up for re-election (the same mod can run again if they wish)...do those two things that allow annual feedback and accountability through performance...and I will remove myself from all Asexual forums or talking about them meaning PiF will be no more..and as an add on..I own the domain avenforum.com... I'll sign this over to Cole if these two simple steps go ahead....what do you think?

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:51 am

Good grief, PiF.

On a message board it's common knowledge that the discussions which take place among the members are BOUND to have some incorrect information mixed in with some good advice. This is always what happens when random people share their observations and experiences.

I see it all the time on the various poultry, taxidermy, and goat-related forums that I frequent.
If you want clear and proven information then you should go to the pasted posts which have been vetted and approved by the mods and/or the senior members.
The day to day discussions among the lay members can be filled with all sorts of misleading info.

The oft-touted superiority of herbal remedies is one of my pet peeves. (Right up there with mis-use of antibiotics.) It appears almost every single day and it's been doing so for many years, but the ones who fall for it are generally the same ones who avoid vaccines and other scientific advances.
They can't figure out why their animals die all the time despite getting lots of holistic medicine and herbs.
The truth is right in front of them but they refuse to see it and there is nothing that anybody can do to MAKE them see it. They are willfully blind.
No doubt, there are some with a similar mindset who frequent AVEN, and they will pick and choose what they want to believe and get everything wrong, but ... so be it. Their failure to comprehend doesn't affect the truth and it won't matter in the long run.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:11 pm

The Discussions Nancy at some point need to be monitored and corrected...even twatter boss today appreciates twatter suck at monitoring it's users and aven has nowhere near that volume but they do hold to the same responsibility. If you are going to hold a forum, set it up and then turn a blind eye except to those who say hey..something isn't right..then they have set a standard.

Now..they have a chance to bring it back on message whilst still holding to be a asexual community that welcomes others and not the other way around.

I still offer as I did above if they simply make two changes which would benefit their members, those mods who are desperate to make things better and improve the accuracy of visibility about what an asexual actually is.

So again I offer ....put in place a yearly review of the backrooms performance perhaps through an annual consensus questionarre...so members can have a say to Avens direction and....make all mod posts a 2 year maximum, then the position goes up for re-election (the same mod can run again if they wish)...do those two things that allow annual feedback and accountability through performance...and I will remove myself from all Asexual forums or talking about them meaning PiF will be no more..and as an add on..I own the domain avenforum.com... I'll sign this over to Cole if these two simple steps go ahead....what do you think?

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:20 pm

PiF wrote:I get it Michael truly I do, you, the project team, the mods, the admins and the site owner feel it's not their job to correct incorrect information about asexuals or make sure what information out there is as correct as it can be...

No, you don't get it. As usual.

PiF wrote:I'll even dangle a carrot..put in place a yearly review of the backrooms performance perhaps through an annual consensus questionarre...so members can have a say to Avens direction

Hey, this is why I quite like you, Pif. Most of your posts may be drivel, but occasionally you come up with interesting ideas such as this one. Thanks, I'll pass it onto the team.

PiF wrote:...and I will remove myself from all Asexual forums or talking about them meaning PiF will be no more..and as an add on..I own the domain avenforum.com... I'll sign this over to Cole if these two simple steps go ahead....what do you think?

Why on Earth do you think I want you to remove yourself from all asexual forums? I would be most sorry if you did. If I ever get tired of your posts, I'll just start ignoring them. Simple.

If your past history is anything to go by, you'll soon "leave forever" again anyway, only to return within anywhere from 2 months to a year. But y'know I'm glad you keep coming back. How about another meet sometime btw?

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:36 pm

I've always had good ideas Michael, who was it that pushed the suicide policy to protect aven? Pushed that all media and research enquiries/requests must go through the pt so we can control what they are offered and monitor the results, pushed when talking officially mods admins should do so in colour, pushed the pt should be in pink, and shed loads more but when they see it has come from me they poo poo it only to suggest it as a new idea that they have just thought of a few months later, I do chuckle when that happens ..I have always offered also to help them in the areas of failure as the abstain recent thread shows...some of them haven't got a clue :lol:

I notice you didn't comment on the two year mod position time limit...that currently applies to the pt...but mods and admins refuse to accept..you can ask the team on that one two if you wish...I don't see the church of scientology making changes anytime soon either :wag: :lol:

I don't want to remove myself but if it gets aven to be more accountable to its community and members and implements reviews and performance measures, and hopefully bring an end to non accountability through scrapping mods for life..then the price would be worth paying would it not. and no not for a short time..for good, no more PiF

Another meet would be great you beirdy weirdo...do you think the Alsatian licker would turn up too now she has gone all adult on us?
Last edited by PiF on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:47 pm

PiF wrote:I've always had good ideas Michael,

I don't disagree.

PiF wrote:I notice you didn't comment on the two year mod position time limit...that currently applies to the pt...but mods and admins refuse to accept..you can ask the team on that one two if you wish...

Oh all right, I'll mention it if I *have* to.

PiF wrote:I don't want to remove myself but if it gets aven to be more accountable to its community and members and implements reviews and performance measures, and hopefully bring an end to non accountability through scrapping mods for life..then the price would be worth paying would it not. and no not for a short time..for good, no more PiF

Yes but why should *I* want you to remove yourself? It's not dangling a "carrot" if the "carrot" is an outcome I don't even want (i.e. you removing yourself).

PiF wrote:Another meet would be great you beirdy weirdo...do you think the Alsatian licker would turn up too now she has gone all adult on us?

I have no idea whom you mean...

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:33 pm

Think he means me.

My alsation is sick with an intestinal parasite (which I have possibly caught too) and may have a heart condition. The other one was very poorly for a few days too so he's being treated for the parasite as well. So I haven't been around recently.

Who are you calling an adult, Man Boob?
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Whoomp der it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FPimC ... -FPimCmbX8

hope the dogs are going to be okay...I did warn you about licking your arse then kissing them

yes I meant you silly..beirdy weirdo mentioned meeting up, when the furries have got better let us know and we will have to sort something out.

Narnia
Established Member

Postby Narnia » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:10 am

Some people only post in chat and dont look at the bored much. What sort of idea will they get of asexuality - they can't get much of anything from there.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:44 pm

The chat rooms do have a lot of those who are not interested in the boards, I have my reservations on chat even more so given how so many are young...just a parent thing and sometimes I used to see things that rang alarm bells for their safety. I get your drift though Narn...it is always difficult to build a community through numbers over the reason for the forum and who it was actually intended for.

The recent olds mod election kinda reflects the issues aven has...finding long term full asexuals is hard enough..finding some who have life experience outside of a screen is even harder so rarely offers a balanced view of asexuality.

Narnia
Established Member

Postby Narnia » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:18 pm

I've seen the headline thingy about voting but couldn't see how to do it - do I have to ask?