Any Asexual parents?

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
PiF
Apositive Star

Any Asexual parents?

Postby PiF » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:26 am

Just wondering if we have any Asexuals who happen to be parents and how your Asexuality has impacted...or not...in your childs/childrens raising/communication or relationship/s?

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Any Asexual parents?

Postby KAGU143 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:42 am

Not me.
All of my children are either four-legged or covered with feathers and they don't care a bit about my sex life or lack thereof.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star

Re: Any Asexual parents?

Postby PiF » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:36 am

Funnily enough my daughter is in her 20's and like most of generation entitled...she is too busy to think about what goes on in my life and suspect when I get even older her two main worries for me will be...Get him in a home as I aint looking after him and how much did he leave me when he goes :lol:

Beyond that I have been working away for much of my life so we get on okay and only on occasions has my asexuality been raised in relation to the lack of partners...I tried to explain me working overseas a lot and being an arse has more to do with partner issues than my asexuality

From me to her although she's straight, I see my asexuality as a positive as it gives me another string to my parent bow.