Asexual dating sites

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
PiF
Apositive Star

Asexual dating sites

Postby PiF » 20 Mar 2015, 07:23

I was tempted I have to say so had a look at a few... so it went like this

asexualdating ....showed as a brit site despite having the date of birth the wrong way round month first instead of date...so put in my age sex and location and apparently there are 1547 asexuals near me..lol yeah right.

Asexualitic then...took ages registering and then when all said and done and email verified the first page comes up....$15 a year please..lol

platonic partners...confusing..on the sexual orientation they list asexual as well but you cannot have two so hetero and asexual cannot be selected..stupid...and they want to know everything, including your home address, not for others to see but the first dating site to ask for this,,,their email went straight to junk if you haven't got the email then check your junk folder..and then the penny drops..you are an associate member so you can look but not touch, to do that you need to pay £2 per week so £104 per year and in toy money ..dollars..that's $155 a year and it shows the exact town you live in..thankfully mine was not the right one

newfriends4u.com...on the quick search i typed in my sex, the sex of who was looking for, the age range, what level of relationships and..enter. I got a man, then a woman and then a mish mash of men and women from the uk, usa, europe...gave up on that one

asexual pals...this website is temporarily unavaliable apparently but is $10 a month

asexualmatch.com...looks very odd..on the search for ages it has "end date" for the lowest age your after and "start date" for the top range of the age your after..has a forum but seems to be hardly used at all

after this one i pretty much gave up

anyone else had any experinces of them?

Tanwen
Mega Member

Re: Asexual dating sites

Postby Tanwen » 20 Mar 2015, 08:46

No, gave up the idea of a partner around 13 years ago - there's a imit to how many times you can pick yourself up off the floor and put your heart back together.
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 20 Mar 2015, 09:06

i gave up on them as they didn't have a box to tick to say women who don't snore

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 12 Jun 2016, 23:44

Just saw this for Asexualatic

http://www.asexualitic.com/groups/asexu ... w-sexlust/ what do you notice about about the definition?

Thrasymachus
Established Member

Postby Thrasymachus » 08 Dec 2016, 12:59

I don't get why people who allegedly don't feel sexual attraction(a definition I feel like is bad and a crock but which Pif believes in) would want a "partner" or to "date". I feel those who hypothetically don't experience real sexual attraction would just see others as friends, activity partners, acquaintances if there was no attraction dynamic and wouldn't need courtship or its rituals or its partners.

Return to “Asexuality”