Has coming out become passé

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
PiF
Apositive Star

Has coming out become passé

Postby PiF » 22 Oct 2015, 07:52

I'll get my bit out first, no not my todger...I have never considered an Asexual being honest about who they think they are.... as a necessary.

Calling it "coming out"... to most people if you say " I am coming out"...they will think your gay...please do not confuse others any further

Now ..has "coming out" become passé ?

I ask because we seem to be moving towards the idealism that we are supposed to treat people equally, i.e....your gay? I don't see gay, I see my friend...so we become inclusive

so working on that..why the need to be the centre of attention by trying to be the focus? you don't see straight men and women running down the street or going on social media "shouting loud and proud" that they are "straight" do you

So why as we move towards treating everyone equally do we insist on saying then we are different?...it seems for some they want to be treated equally on one hand and differently on the other hand.

"Coming out" is so 1970'S, boring, unecessary and very passé

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Has coming out become passé

Postby KAGU143 » 24 Oct 2015, 09:23

Ha!

Teens will always want to find their own identity. It's part of being human. Heck, it's more than that; it's part of being a great ape since their teens do it too.
Being old and complaining about young people seems to be another one of those human traits, so it goes both ways.

I'm just going to sit here on the porch and shake my cane at those blasted kids who won't stay off of my lawn!!
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 31 Oct 2015, 04:17

I think ..as we get older and more aware of things and lets be honest being gay isn't and hasn't been seen as being odd for the masses for a few decades

so it's not the coming out I have an issue with...it's the public outing...like there is a seperate need to be seen as an attention seeker rather than someone making a personal and private statement

It just seems to me it's more about the public pr, than the quality of a private content...and then some look all dissapointed when you dont run around shouting whoop whoop for them....but being gay, lesbian or bi is now pretty much common place that it isn't seen as odd by most anymore....which is what the direction of visibility they were trying to succeed ......but by doing some seem dissapointed that they are no longer members of the special club..peculiar folk.

Scarf

Postby Scarf » 16 Nov 2015, 02:16

Coming out simply means "stop expecting me to find a partner of the opposite sex"
With style

CatBunny
Established Member

Postby CatBunny » 29 Nov 2015, 14:30

I actually plan to come out to my parents once I have a place to live and become independent, just so I don't have listen about finding my special someone and making the babbys. They want the babbys. I know they do. They say they don't but they definitely want a pile of babbys.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 30 Nov 2015, 15:50

What the hell is that photo? I'm guessing it's been Photo-Shopped, but still . . .

EEEeeeewwww!!
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

CatBunny
Established Member

Postby CatBunny » 01 Dec 2015, 15:02

KAGU143 wrote:What the hell is that photo? I'm guessing it's been Photo-Shopped, but still . . .

EEEeeeewwww!!

I needed to google babby and it was glorious

RDrac

Postby RDrac » 14 Dec 2015, 15:34

Coming out is still relevant for trans folks, I think, and poly.

In terms of sexuality, increasing people are open to non-hetero sexualities. They aren't really as shocked to hear someone casually mention a partner of the same sex, even if they had previously had opposite sex partners. It's not "I don't care about your sexuality" but "I'm not shocked, I can embrace you no matter who you love". It's just not much of a big deal.
Asexual is still less common, but I don't think people respond as shocked. I first came out about a decade ago, it's all far more commonplace. It's funny how much things have changed in so little time.

Return to “Asexuality”