Psychology Project

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
blazewater

Psychology Project

Postby blazewater » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi, I'm a third year (asexual) University student. I've decided to do my dissertation on asexuality because its the only thing I can be bothered to write 7k words about, however, I need some help from the community..

I'm researching commitment levels in relationships using a pre-existing questionnaire which can not be changed in any way, so some questions will not fit very well, however I would appreciate it if some of you could help me in any way you can answering this ten minute survey.

Thanksss. www.surveymonkey.com/r/M9Q9L8H

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Psychology Project

Postby KAGU143 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Sure, no problem.
I'll do it.

Edit:
Never mind.
I couldn't even get past the first page of your survey. Sorry, when dealing with asexuals you need to provide at least one more option for gender, even if it's only "other."
But, just FYI, I am asexual and I've been happily married to another asexual for over 7 years. Commitment isn't a problem for either of us.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:18 pm

I'm not in a relationship - sorry.
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:21 am

I did see your header on the questionare so understood your were looking for basics but even within that I think a redraft may help your cause

Please note that this survey only requires information from heterosexual and asexual participants who are currently in a relationship. If you do not meet this criteria, your data is not needed for the questionnaire. There are 27 multiple-choice questions in this survey.

I was stumped not at question 1 but question 2 where you ask

2. What is your sexuality?

Heterosexual

Asexual

My orientation (sexuality?) is straight (hetro) I am asexual however which is not for me and some others I would suggest, an orientation.

I see where your trying to go on the correlation between asexuality and relationships but feel the questionarre itself needs some work to get the results your after

Good luck

blazewater

Postby blazewater » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:32 am

Yeh, I'm aware of the restrictions that the questionnaire has, it was part of the reason why the questionnaire was chosen, writing about how old fashioned the survey is will be an easy way to kill the 7k word count! When I was researching asexuality, the only data recorded about them is their gender and their sexuality so I wanted to do something a bit different, gender and sexuality will already be referenced in the project.

CatBunny

Postby CatBunny » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:22 pm

maybe you should mention non aromantic asexuals? I couldn't answer any of the questions hahaha...
(・×・)

RDrac

Postby RDrac » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:52 pm

KAGU143 wrote:Sure, no problem.
I'll do it.

Edit:
Never mind.
I couldn't even get past the first page of your survey. Sorry, when dealing with asexuals you need to provide at least one more option for gender, even if it's only "other."
But, just FYI, I am asexual and I've been happily married to another asexual for over 7 years. Commitment isn't a problem for either of us.

This is a problem for me as well. I'm non-binary, as is my partner. Giving a binary "gender" will probably just skew the data.