Survey of Sexual and Asexual Relationship Dynamics.

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
JS7rs

Survey of Sexual and Asexual Relationship Dynamics.

Postby JS7rs » 22 Mar 2016, 03:31

Hi, everyone. I am new here and I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong spot.

We are conducting an on-line study at Ball State University that will further our understanding of sexual and asexual relationships. The only requirements for participation in this study are that you are at least 18 years of age or older, and are in one or more romantic/sexual relationships, or have been in the past. Participation in this research will take no longer than 20-30 minutes of your time and requires only that you complete a survey that asks questions about your relationships(s), sexual attitudes, and sexual history. You will have the option of entering into a random drawing for one of two $25 Amazon electronic gift cards. All survey responses are anonymous. Click the link below for more details.

https://bsu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2mWf4NxSkvnv27j

PiF
Apositive Star

Re: Survey of Sexual and Asexual Relationship Dynamics.

Postby PiF » 22 Mar 2016, 04:50

Hi, can I ask

When you go into communities and ask for input...do you ever go back to those communities with the conclusions? I only ask as often the cycle of information both ways often helps both sides

JS7rs

Re: Survey of Sexual and Asexual Relationship Dynamics.

Postby JS7rs » 22 Mar 2016, 05:33

Hi, PiF.

Thank you for your question. I actually agree with you. This is first time we've personally gone into communities such as this one to recruit participants. It only seems appropriate, however, to notify people of the results. However, care must be taken when disseminating results, ensuring that the conclusions are sound, and that readers will not be mislead by the data. At some point, should the study undergo extensive peer-review, we would have no problem coming back to these places and sharing the findings--whatever they might be.

Return to “Asexuality”