Not in my name

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
PiF
Apositive Star

Not in my name

Postby PiF » 26 Mar 2016, 23:01

.Aboromantic Androromantic Aromantic Biromantic Gyneromantic Heteroromantic Homoromantic Panromantic Polyromantic
Proquuromantic (is there a fem version of this?) Sapioromantic (not actually sure where this one goes) Transromantic Acoromantic Adfecturomantic / Affecturomantic / Adfectual / Adforomantic Alloromantic / Zedromantic Alterous Apathromantic Apothiromantic Apresromantic Aroflux Arovague Autochorisromantic/Aegoromantic Bellusromantic Borearomantic Burstromantic Caedromantic Cupioromantic Demiromantic Frayromantic Grayromantic Hyporomantic Idemromantic Lithromantic / Aporomantic / Akoi(ne)romantic Nebularomantic Noviromantic Omniromantic Placioromantic Post rubor Quasiromantic Quoiromantic Recipromantic Requi(es)romantic Schromantic semisexual Amatonormitivity Aromate Lush Nonamory Peach Fuzz Plush Soft Romo Smuch Swish Squish Queerplatonic.

None of these^^^ have anything to do with asexuality...they have EVERYTHING to do with SEXUALITY, so why do some aven users think they do and why do those same users then laugh at tumblr and reddit about those places and their labelitus ...when aven is the worst for labelitus...your all as daft as a brush

I will give you a new term though that might remove all of the above and help see you through your teens early adulthood...one term fits all and that term is ...phasexual

to help with this as the reason why phasexual maybe more appropriate than you think I will give you your own answers and stats to back it up in the 2014 asexual census survey https://asexualcensus.files.wordpress.c ... report.pdf

If you are claiming "some sort of asexuality" you are 77.3% white.....66.7% of you will be in further education.....only 26.6% of you will identify as straight......the largest majority will be between the ages of teens to early adult......The majority of you who claimed to have "come out" will have only done so to a few online friends whilst the largest majority of people in the real world will not have "come out" at all

78% of you said you would not change your sexuality but you all seem pretty much to dissapear from the online asexual community once you leave higher education so it would be impossible to see if that was the result

Despite 28.3% of you using English aven...53.9% of you use tumblr..no real surprise there..and it might explain a lot

and the list goes on and on but you can break it down quite quickly .... if you are identifying as asexual online, then you are more likely to be american, white, identify as lgbt/queer, will be female, in higher education, will not be asexual but will identify somewhere on the asexual spectrum, identify whilst a teen and stop identifying when you leave higher education

This ^^ is not what asexuality is...but it is what is being projected as asexuality

Asexuality is not just for christmas.... to term a phrase..it's for life

Whilst some may not be happy with my easy to identify breakdowns I suspect it is more to do with how close I am to the actual reflection of incorrect asexuality

it seems to be in two groups...mostly...if you are asexual full time it is for life..if you are an internet asexual..it will be for college

often much has been made of Bogaerts 1% claim with some throwing it around like it is the bible...it was done at a time when asexuality had hardly ever been heard of if at all but the group he based his assumption on were based on some strange reasons ....in 2004 he wrote

I used data from a national probability sample (N > 18,000) of British residents to investigate asexuality, defined as having no sexual attraction to a partner of either sex. Approximately 1% (n = 195) of the sample indicated they were asexual. A number of factors were related to asexuality, including gender (i.e., more women than men), short stature, low education, [i]low socioeconomic status, and poor health. Asexual women also had a later onset of menarche relative to sexual women. The results suggest that a number of pathways, both biological and psychosocial, contribute to the development of asexuality.[/i]

now..either..Bogeart got it wrong..or people who took part in the census are wrong because the two seem to be quite different groups

The thing here is, it does seem to support my feeling that there the two groups but one is being presented as the real deal and the other are being projected as elitists because they are full time asexuals

so next time you mostly american white lgbt biased female school kids try and project your phasexuality as asexuality...please don't..for those of us who are lifelong asexuals..you do us and asexuality great harm.

So the next time you promote sexuality as asexuality..whilst sitting using your laptop or tablet, wearing your #blacklivesmatter t shirt whilst drinking chai tea (that you know tastes like shit but you drink it anyway to look cool amongst your piers who also think it taste likes shit but drink it for the same reason), planning your next protest at the next thing you have become officially offended by this week, at a meeting irl that you will never attend, because you still live with your parents who are paying for your education, whilst you tell your parents they don't understand and know nothing and no you don't agree leaving your bedroom is good for you.....then please

Your sexuality is not asexuality and I'd thank you for not claiming it is.... not in my name

fluentisono

Re: Not in my name

Postby fluentisono » 27 Mar 2016, 00:02

I don't really understand, PiF.

So you don't think romantic attraction and sexual attraction are two different things?
You yourself have called yourself straight asexual, which makes you a hetero- what?

If you are an American white female in higher education, are you not allowed to identify until you leave higher education? Until you reach a certain age? Or are you just saying that they're outright lying?

I'm sorry, I'm just confused.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 27 Mar 2016, 00:13

fluentisono wrote: I don't really understand, PiF.

So you don't think romantic attraction and sexual attraction are two different things?

I do think they are two different things ... but only the lack of one has anything to do specifically with asexuality

fluentisono wrote:You yourself have called yourself straight asexual, which makes you a hetero- what?

I am me, a straight asexual ..you noticed that already

fluentisono wrote: If you are an American white female in higher education, are you not allowed to identify until you leave higher education? Until you reach a certain age? Or are you just saying that they're outright lying?

Based on avens own census as well as Bogaerts "research"..then certainly on many points..the two contradict each other..what is being sold as asexuality is for most.. a phase that happens during teen early adult years by white females whilst in online communities and whilst in higher education....that temporary section in someones entire life...is not what asexuality is..don't forget..these are members inputs on the census

fluentisono wrote:I'm sorry, I'm just confused.

Don't worry, being in aven often does that :D but I'm happy to clarify further..what's beating your boggle?

fluentisono

Postby fluentisono » 27 Mar 2016, 01:24

It's just that you start off with a long list of romantic orientations and the last two are friendship words, and then you say it's to do with sexuality (though I agree that it has nothing to do with asexuality). This I don't understand, with the exception of semisexual.

The other thing is, if someone thinks that they are asexual, and realise later that they are not, what were they supposed to have done about it?

(and it's not AVEN, I have an overly apologetic nature)

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 27 Mar 2016, 01:44

Firstly...no need to worry about being apologetic...it's a perfectly nice thing to be...but in here..your opinion is as valid as anyone elses..we may disagree from time to times as humanity often does...but in apositive..as I say...your view is as equally important

now where were we.......the last two are now in the asexual arena..as we have seen from many years of being in it...one minute it doesn't exist as it's own entity...some then mention it as a joke...then some start to say it is related to asexuality....and the next thing you know...we have that list above or this one as the asexual social scene likes to do ...p.s., some of the comments at the bottom of the page are rude...understandbly so ... http://ageofshitlords.com/complete-list ... es-so-far/

When the grey section started it was mostly..grey demi and semi..so subs of a main...then within a short time that any old man and his dog could claim asexuality..it became a sub of a sub of a sub etc etc ..ergo the list above

What are they supposed to do about it? a fair question..... this is the hard one as at that age they want the whole puzzle of life made with just 4 corners. so in a rush to find themselves they latch on to every label they can hoping some will stick...a shotgun approach if you will..scatter the f*ck out of everything and see what gets hit

The key here is I feel, if you want a dollar to then sell as a dollar having 20 cents does not mean you have a dollar..if you are going to feel personally you are what you are, then that is your right..it just helps when promoting it..to not sell a rhupee as a dollar and some , the majority, should stop in advance of selling rhupees as dollars.

as to the damage it does..it makes asexuality doubted and a laughing stock but most of those who identified wrongly, promoted asexuality wrongly..would have moved on months later and I suspect probably even forget they identified as some kind of asexual except when remembering crazy silly things they did as a kid at uni

by that time..the damage is already done..it would be unbelivable to feel that none of them knew the damage they were doing

Return to “Asexuality”