Finding peace as an older asexual

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
PiF
Apositive Star

Finding peace as an older asexual

Postby PiF » 29 Apr 2016, 07:46

Most of us older ones know that when you get to the late 20's you look back at the last 10 years of stressing and angst and wonder...what the f*ck was all that about, what a waste of 10 years

then you hit your 30's and generally your life starts to settle

By the time you get to the 40's your approaching the mellow time and f*ck it phase that older age group offers

so how does that work as an asexual? By the time you reach your 40's, your pretty much set in your ways in your personal life, working life and home life but sometimes even those of us who are sex positive, feel sometimes it would be nice to share your time with someone ,,but not all your time :D

I think generally in the western world and largely where so many young wrongly identify as asexual....the "need to be in a relationship" doesn't seem to be a need anymore

young and sexual seems to be able to fill their needs by one night stands but then fill the relationship part by online relationships

but asexuals and older ones...I don't know..it's almost as though the expectation for a relationship has almost past and it's a huge relief to have that weight off your shoulders so you no longer have to say. "asexual partners are hard to find" as people just accept older, is okay to be alone? i don't know if this is making sense?

Return to “Asexuality”