Rarer than a rare thing

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
PiF
Apositive Star

Rarer than a rare thing

Postby PiF » 18 Jun 2016, 06:08

There are a few of us but we are rarer than a rare thing

Genuine full time Asexual...check

Someone who actually has had sexual partners rather than having none but stating it's icky as though it's a fact....check

Someone who has been married....check

someone who has had kid/s.....check

someone who has grandkids.....check

Someone who through real life, not through the internet...has real life experience....check

want to know how to talk to your parents from a parents view? want to know how to tell them about your asexuality, want to ask about sex, celibacy..anything

why not ask questions of the rarest of rare ......full time sexually experienced married/divorced parent/grandparent real world real life asexuals..there are a few of us who are willing to help and we won't shut you down

flergalwit
Mega Member

Re: Rarer than a rare thing

Postby flergalwit » 18 Jun 2016, 14:36

Ah yes, piffy goes through a checklist of piffy characteristics and lo and behold... piffy satisfies all of them. Congratulations! :clap:

Has Ciri persuaded you to come to Madrid next year yet btw?

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 18 Jun 2016, 16:07

I wonder, can someone who doesn't meet all of the criteria on that check list still meet your definition of asexual, PiF?
Because even I don't meet some of them, and I was already calling myself asexual in the very early 70s.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 18 Jun 2016, 21:12

There he isssssss...I thought you had fallen into a relationship and had your beard removed :D

aha..your two's bias's mean you didn't read it right...no where does it mention THE definition of asexual..care to read again?

Ah yes, piffy goes through a checklist of piffy characteristics and lo and behold... piffy satisfies all of them

of course I would silly, if you were to describe yourself as a beardy weirdy who wears tie dyes and gets turned on by numbers..you would be accurate too

I wonder, can someone who doesn't meet all of the criteria on that check list still meet your definition of asexual, PiF?
Because even I don't meet some of them, and I was already calling myself asexual in the very early 70s.

Well nancy as I pointed out..it does not mention THE definition at all but your percieved bias took you there

Asexuals are rare

full time ones are even rarer

those who have actually had sex are rare

Those that are beyond the age of 26 are rarer

those who have been/are married are rarer

those who have been divorced are rarer

those who have kids are rarer

those who have grand kids are rarer

So within our own community...there are some rare asexuals that are not normally seen within asexuality community so when those offer a perpective on those differences...i'm not quite sure how you ended up at the definition again?..silly billies

sometimes when you shut out the people that show asexuality CAN be across the ages...you only have yourself to blame when it is seen as nothing other than a kids phase.

Still happy to help though..particulalry with how to approach your parents for the young ones

us older ones generally tend to help even when some of the younger ones try to put us into boxes and say old asexuals do not exists

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » 18 Jun 2016, 22:50

"if you were to describe yourself as a beardy weirdy who wears tie dyes and gets turned on by numbers..you would be accurate too"
Nearly. I think I prefer Greek letters to numbers though.

So shall I start a thread on the subject then? :lol: Because I'm sure there are lots of people out there who wanna ask questions specifically of a tie-dyed beardy weirdy asexual with a fetish for Greek (or even better, Hebrew) letters. Oh wait - you forgot tree hugging. How could you?

"us older ones generally tend to help even when some of the younger ones try to put us into boxes and say old asexuals do not exists"
Oh that's a new one to me. I didn't know older asexuals do not exist. Guess we'd better shut down the "Oldies" forums then. :lol: We'll get on that rightaway!

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 18 Jun 2016, 23:46

flergalwit wrote:So shall I start a thread on the subject then? :lol: Because I'm sure there are lots of people out there who wanna ask questions specifically of a tie-dyed beardy weirdy asexual with a fetish for Greek (or even better, Hebrew) letters. Oh wait - you forgot tree hugging. How could you?

Absolutely, why not..beardy weirdo's are under represented in asexuality

Not keen on tree huggers they lie.....got a conference to attend, lets use the fossil fuelled plane to get there, need to use technology, lets have that toyota prious that uses more natural resources to build it than any conventional car, I need to contact someone, let's use an iphone that has Gold, copper, silver, platinum, and more in it then send it when it's dead to a poor country to re-scavange the materials using poor children who seek through dump piles to recover it. Never mind, as long as we say we are huggers and buy shoes made of lettuce, then it sits easy with us

flergalwit wrote:"us older ones generally tend to help even when some of the younger ones try to put us into boxes and say old asexuals do not exists"
Oh that's a new one to me. I didn't know older asexuals do not exist. Guess we'd better shut down the "Oldies" forums then. :lol: We'll get on that rightaway!

Bolding mine, your welcome :lol:

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » 19 Jun 2016, 02:21

PiF wrote:
flergalwit wrote:So shall I start a thread on the subject then? :lol: Because I'm sure there are lots of people out there who wanna ask questions specifically of a tie-dyed beardy weirdy asexual with a fetish for Greek (or even better, Hebrew) letters. Oh wait - you forgot tree hugging. How could you?

Absolutely, why not..beardy weirdo's are under represented in asexuality

Aw and you were doing so well! It's beardy weirdy not beardy weirdo. I thought you'd finally realised that as you got it right first time. But noooo... reverting to your old and bad habits I see. Tsk.

A tree hugger is simply someone who hugs trees. Nothing wrong with that! Trees need hugs too. Don't have to be an environmentalist for that.

Actually my biggest issue with environmentalist groups is that they tend to be against the safest and cleanest form of energy ie nuclear. Personally I think thorium is the future.
PiF wrote:
flergalwit wrote:"us older ones generally tend to help even when some of the younger ones try to put us into boxes and say old asexuals do not exists"

Bolding mine, your welcome :lol:

If your bolded quotees say it, it must be right! So like I say, we'll get on that ASAP!

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 19 Jun 2016, 03:01

Good lad, you know it makes sense :lol: :lol:

Return to “Asexuality”