Things Asexuals Like

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
ily

Things Asexuals Like

Postby ily » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:27 am

Bear with me, this is sort of a funny thread. :lol:
So, you may have seen the blog "Things White People Like", which spawned a host of others including "Things Lesbians Like", "Things Educated Black People Like", "Things Asians Like", etc. On my blog, I've done a few posts on things asexuals like: Tweed, cats, teetotaling, and Scrabble. (Even though I myself dislike teetolating and Scrabble...but lemme at Scattergories!) Even if they're not 100% accurate, I liked "Things Asexuals Like" because it gives us something fun and relatively non-serious to talk about. I'd like to think we have more in common that just a lack of sexual attraction. So...what else do we like? I'm tempted to say "atheism" (although I'm not an atheist either)...

Karl
Administrator

Re: Things Asexuals Like

Postby Karl » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Cake?

pretzelboy

Postby pretzelboy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:54 pm

I hear rumors about things liked on JFF over at AVEN, though I personally have been too afraid to venture into that forum more than a couple times, and then only briefly. How about social constructivism? I tend to feel like the odd one out in the asexual community because of my bias against it. But that would probably be too...something...for most of the readers of your blog.

Karl
Administrator

Postby Karl » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Please define social constructivism for the less educated among us. ;)

ily

Postby ily » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:18 pm

Karl wrote:Please define social constructivism for the less educated among us. ;)

Haha, yeah, I was never able to confuse people with jargon from my major, very sadly... ;)
I have thought of cake, but I think most of humanity likes cake. Well, I guess most people don't dislike cats, but whatevers...

Karl
Administrator

Postby Karl » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:56 am

Yeah, cake was just a bit of an AVEN-related joke. By the way, I created the cake icon over there. I'm very sorry - I knew not what I was doing.

ily

Postby ily » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:15 am

Karl, you created cake? Ooh, you're a local celebrity...I do love that we have the Avencake tradition.

Gingerbread

Postby Gingerbread » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:24 pm

Slasher movies. Because people who have sex always die first. :D
(That and racial minorities.)

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:18 pm

I already feel like the odd man out. I despise tweed and teetotaling, and I am not a big fan of scrabble.

ily

Postby ily » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:27 pm

I can't imagine tweed would be very useful in Dallas... ;)
But yeah, I'm definitely one of those people who just has to like the most unpopular, obscure thing possible. :/ Maybe that's why I have trouble continuing this series.

wintermute
Established Member

Postby wintermute » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:41 am

Dargon wrote:I already feel like the odd man out. I despise tweed and teetotaling, and I am not a big fan of scrabble.

Ah well so long as I'm not the only one ;)

Drunken cuss-word scrabble though...

And I know this is meant to be a bit of fun, but it's quite interesting to me that the image of a bookish old-fashioned prude might be associated with asexuals, even by asexuals
Cicero wrote:"Neither can embellishments of language be found without arrangement and expression of thoughts, nor can thoughts be made to shine without the light of language"

Noskcaj.Llahsram

Postby Noskcaj.Llahsram » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Drunken cuss-word scrabble?! I love drunken fake-word scrabble; only in that game can ghsuuiz be a word yet ghsuuizs not, then you have to come up with a definition.
Fun times, fun times.
What is love? Well, you know that feeling you get when you've been locked in a tiny dark space alone for a year? It's kind of the opposite of that.

Puppy

Postby Puppy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Asexuals like LOLCats? At least the ones active in JFF... ;)
It takes a fool to remain sane.

ily

Postby ily » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:30 pm

God knows I do love LOLcats...asexual or sexual, it's definitely something you either love or don't understand at all. Even my 60-year-old mom speaks in LOLspeak. Nom nom nom!

taniyan

Postby taniyan » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:59 am

What are the odds that with 2 teams in Scrabble, one team would pick the single z,q,k,x,and j out of 100 tiles? There is only one z,q,k,x,and j in a standard Scrabble game out of 100 tiles. Every other letter and 2 blanks have more than one tile. What are the odds in a 2 person game you pick all 5 of these letters.
Last edited by taniyan on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clarity

Postby Clarity » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:42 am

.5^5? Assuming that each player is equally likely to pick any given tile.

I would just like to say that I have never before seen anyone spam a math problem. It makes me happy. ^^

Noskcaj.Llahsram

Postby Noskcaj.Llahsram » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Oh oh oh, those funny 'motivational posters' style pictures from around the Internet, I like those, there's one with two polar bears standing up, and it says CANADA - so awesome even our bears dance or this one I found while researching i new RPG I found
What is love? Well, you know that feeling you get when you've been locked in a tiny dark space alone for a year? It's kind of the opposite of that.