Your not Asexual but you have Schizoid Personality Disorder

For discussion of general issues pertaining to asexuality.
User avatar
KAGU143
Administrator
Posts: 1302
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Your not Asexual but you have Schizoid Personality Disorder

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:17 am

PiF, are you intentionally misinterpreting what I've said or are you genuinely not understanding it? I will try again.

You want to get the horse shit out of your barn? You are ATTRACTED to having a clean barn. Attraction is ALWAYS a preliminary to wanting.
You want to put gas in your car? You are ATTRACTED to having a full tank of gas. Attraction is always a preliminary to wanting.

How many examples do you want to put forward? I can assure you that there are no exceptions. Attraction is always a preliminary to wanting.

Yes, people who want to take part in BDSM or other kinks might not be experiencing sexual attraction, but they are ATTRACTED to the idea of being dominated, or being dominant. or being wrapped in rubber ... or whatever. Attraction is always a preliminary to wanting. No exceptions.

Why can't you understand what I'm saying? At NO POINT did I ever say anything about celibacy. I have always been referring to sex-positive, non-repulsed asexuals. They have no objection whatsoever to having sex if there's a good reason for it, but they are NOT sexually attracted to anybody -- meaning that sex with other people is NEVER one of their wants.

Haha -- sure, we can keep debating. There doesn't seem to be much else going on at the moment ....
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star
Posts: 2270
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 am

Re: Your not Asexual but you have Schizoid Personality Disorder

Postby PiF » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:12 am

I do understand what your saying Nancy..I just think your plain wrong

The idea that if you want to do something..anything...is because your attracted to it is pure nonsense of the first order

If I want a clean barn it's because the barn is dirty and not because it gives me a boner....ooo I'm doing some housework because I wanted too...best get out the marigolds and ky..it's just plain silly

Attraction is always a preliminary to wanting....This idea comes from a land of bumkum that even avenites with their label fascination would be proud of

mmmmm mmmm mmm baby yeah...yeah i really fancy cheese on toast tonight, god it's making me horny...really????

Because you are unable to see beyond want must mean attraction ...I politely suggest it is you that maybe isn't getting it

I really fancy a mint bean salad for tea...doesn't mean i want to slip it a length...?

I know you didn't mention celibacy because i did..the lack of sexual attraction doesn't mean we are dead from the waste down....the lack of sexual attraction is an emotive process that has by nature, been removed from us.....but that is all that has been removed from us....the ability to have sex has not been..wanting to have sex is a choice...ergo that is why i said even asexuals can have sex..those that choose not to have reasons that are not exsclusive to asexuals but instead sexuals...repulsed, anti, celibate etc..so yes as an asexual you can want sex but you can have it without being sexually attracted to a person ..because want and attraction are two seperate things

You see want as attraction..I've given plenty of examples to show that is incorrect

so when you say...it's election time, I really WANT to vote..what your saying is your attracted to voting?..or..today I WANT to go food shopping..what your saying is your attracted to that tin of coke or cucumber..okay maybe the cucumber :lol: ..but to suggest want is attached to attraction is pure syko babble

let me show you your approach..My approach means I am the customerI ..your approach means you are the the shop assistants .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C9I3qQKGxY

It is quiet yes..but it's also refreshing to know we don't get flooded with sillyness when shools out :D :shhh:
Last edited by PiF on Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KAGU143
Administrator
Posts: 1302
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Your not Asexual but you have Schizoid Personality Disorder

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:22 am

Good grief ... get your mind out of the gutter, PiF! :lol:
Why do you keep equating all sorts of attraction to sexual attraction? That's NOT what I'm saying!

I'm saying attraction, meaning the anticipation of a positive experience which leads one to want that experience.

I can't actually think of any situation where someone would be attracted to a THING, although I wouldn't say that it can't happen - only that I think there would also be an experience which the person was expecting to have in association with possessing (or associating with) that thing.

Attraction doesn't have to be sexual. Sexual attraction is just one kind out of many, many different kinds.
Forget all about sex and sexual attraction. I'm talking about the basic nature of ALL kinds of attraction. Not all of them have simple one-word names, but they can all be described.

Once you grasp that, then it should be easy to see how sexual attraction is just one part of a much larger picture.

Aside from hormonal influences which make it exceedingly common, it's not very special at all. A person anticipates that sex with another person will be a positive experience, so they want that experience. That is sexual attraction.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star
Posts: 2270
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 am

Re: Your not Asexual but you have Schizoid Personality Disorder

Postby PiF » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:40 am

KAGU143 wrote:Good grief ... get your mind out of the gutter, PiF! :lol:


trust me I vetted quite a few before that one went in :lol:

KAGU143 wrote:Why do you keep equating all sorts of attraction to sexual attraction?


Because your point re want is attraction came about when I pointed out asexuals can want sex as they do not lack want..they simply lack sexual attraction

KAGU143 wrote:I'm saying attraction, meaning the anticipation of a positive experience which leads one to want that experience.


Nope, I did try..even used google translator..still made no sense :lol:

KAGU143 wrote:I can't actually think of any situation where someone would be attracted to a THING, although I wouldn't say that it can't happen


Let me help you with that ..read the whole article..it will open your eyes :lol: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -post.html

KAGU143 wrote:Attraction doesn't have to be sexual. Sexual attraction is just one kind out of many, many different kinds.Forget all about sex and sexual attraction. I'm talking about the basic nature of ALL kinds of attraction.Once you grasp that, then it should be easy to see how sexual attraction is just one part of a much larger picture.


I have grasped that's how you see it..I agree attraction does not have to be sexual..your now saying what i have been the last multiple posts..however, your assumption want is also attraction is simply..incorrect..again i raise a example..right now i want a cup of peppermint tea..i am not attracted to it

we are both as stubborn as each other and unlikely to give ground even more so when I am right :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
KAGU143
Administrator
Posts: 1302
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Your not Asexual but you have Schizoid Personality Disorder

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:29 pm

What I've been saying is not that attraction is exactly the same thing as want - only that wanting something begins with anticipating a pleasant experience, and that it's the anticipation of something pleasant which is the actual attraction.

But oh well. 'No use trying to explain color to a blind person.

Maybe we should talk about politics?
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star
Posts: 2270
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 am

Re: Your not Asexual but you have Schizoid Personality Disorder

Postby PiF » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:53 pm

KAGU143 wrote: What I've been saying is not that attraction is exactly the same thing as want - only that wanting something begins with anticipating a pleasant experience, and that it's the anticipation of something pleasant which is the actual attraction.


Hi...I'd like, no want to pay my tax bill mr irs man...mr irs taxman replies..want? want? are you expecting a pleasurable experience from me??

KAGU143 wrote: But oh well. 'No use trying to explain color to a blind person.


Aint that the truth sister, right on and it's spelt colour..you yankess still haven't got the hang of English :lol:

KAGU143 wrote:Maybe we should talk about politics?


why not..is that the politics of wanting change or anticipating a pleasant experience of change? :lol:

User avatar
KAGU143
Administrator
Posts: 1302
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Your not Asexual but you have Schizoid Personality Disorder

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:53 pm

If you want to pay your taxes it's because you are looking forward to the pleasant experience of not owing money to the gov't. and not getting into legal trouble.

Actually, for most people, the experience of paying their taxes would be similar (on an emotional level) to an asexual having sex.

As for spelling, sure we dropped a letter - because it had no influence the pronunciation of the word! But we're pretty good about pronouncing the letter "R" when it shows up in a word, especially on the end of a word, Guvnuh!


(Can you imagine this thread ever happening on AVEN??? And with no warnings, no nudges, not even any ruffled feathers ...)
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star
Posts: 2270
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 am

Re: Your not Asexual but you have Schizoid Personality Disorder

Postby PiF » Fri May 01, 2015 1:30 am

KAGU143 wrote:(Can you imagine this thread ever happening on AVEN??? And with no warnings, no nudges, not even any ruffled feathers ...)



Oh gawd no, you can imagine..we are two different sides, have at times been very direct but still retain a respect for the others opinion...in aven by now, the snowflake brigade would pushing the report button like an epelleptic having a fit and the mods would be like one of those spike milligan sketches where they all keep wondering around saying "what do we do now, what do we do now"

And that is why I value Apositive Nancy..we can get to the bare bones but still remain as friends or at least polite but able to do both as well

as to the subject.. Actually, for most people, the experience of paying their taxes would be similar (on an emotional level) to an asexual having sex.

I have bumped bodies with quite a few over my many years and never once has anyone said to me..do you want me to dress up as a tax inspector :lol: