Feminism or attributing to viewing women as meat?

For discussion of issues pertaining to sexuality. Warning: Topics within this forum may contain frank discussion of a sexual nature.
PiF
Apositive Star

Feminism or attributing to viewing women as meat?

Postby PiF » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:21 am

For those who do not know...and tmi will apply from this point

A lady called Alexis Frulling, her boyfriend and one of his friends were going to a concert at the Calgary stampede. At some point they all agreed to a threesome so went into a public alley where she performed oral on one male as the other male took her from behind. It was seen by another person who recorded it and then it was released on reddit? and then went viral

She has since launched a anti haters video called trampede explaining 'I can't say I'm really proud of what happened, but I'm not really ashamed.

If you look at her profile and pictures it will show what most young females seem to do, the trout pout selfies and the shedload of cleavage shots.

If you are to believe the media, something I rarely do, then the rise of young males seeing females as nothing other than a piece of meat is a worrying trend and something that is also adding to the dissrespect of females

and so I wonder..are acts such as Miss Frullings and these constant sexual poses on social media...women being feminists saying this is who i am and i can do as i wish or...are they adding fuel the the movement that see's young women as sexual objects and nothing more?

flergalwit
Mega Member

Re: Feminism or attributing to viewing women as meat?

Postby flergalwit » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:28 pm

I have my criticisms of some parts of the modern mainstream feminist movement but .... no I don't think so. The key is consent.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:39 pm

Certianly I do worry for our young folk particularly when you see what appears to be an increase by young males at centres of learning, particularly uni's/colleges viewing women more as meat than equals and we seem to be going backwards on that front

How is consent the key when telling the difference between a feminist and those promoting themselves as sexual objects such as the boobs and tubes selfies?

For me I do not see strong women there, I see mostly young girls insecure and in the need to be liked are pushing themselves as sexual objects.

I saw an advert..admitedly it was for a female hygiene product..but the message was strong and made me wonder why the biggest restrictors of women .....seem to be other women...i find that sad

anyway the message https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeTlLiM08hM

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:55 pm

I think you're venturing into understanding some very deeply hardwired primate behavior. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to change.
Females have a huge effect on the behavior of other females, just as males have a huge effect on the behavior of other males.
We humans care just as much about our social standing in our tribal group as any other kind of ape, and our methods of enforcing conformity can be just as brutal.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:36 am

I agree on most of that Nancy

However, despite the protestation that it is men that are causing the sexualisation of women by some hardline feminists...I feel in fact most men are quite easy to suss out...men are easy by comparisson to women..almost neanderthol in that their needs are generally basic...give a man a beer, food, some where to sleep, an occasional toy and a occasional shag and they pretty much are like a dog, quite loyal and easy to please...also as a sex, men generally rarely give a monkeys about what they look like or what others think of them

Women...as I said despite claiming everything is all men's fault it would seem many of the issues face, low esteem, lacking in confidence, how they look, what people think of them etc is largely based not on what they think men think of them but the fear of what other women think of them. I went on mumsnet recently...boy there are a lot of women who beat themselves up not because of what men think but because what other women think.

Also many feminists i feel these days are just angry young women on the internet..I've also noticed and feel...the oppression of women is largely by other women but it is very similar to the old days of early school, in that we find like most animals, our hierarchy. Those feminists trying to oppress other women would have been bullies in the playground but often those same bullies are the most insecure so to feel good about themselves they try to bully and control other women for that feel good fix.

I suspect that the trout pout and clevage shots that seem to be the norm on social media these days, are some of those also worried by other women's opinions so try to attraction sexual attention by these poses thinking the attention they get is their own feel good fix...whilst not recognising the damage and backward steps that are happening in regards to feminism and in the promotion of women as equals rather than sexual objects

It's far too easy and convenient to blame men only for the sexualisation of women because they are trying to hide the biggest oppressors of women...are other women.

and that saddens me