Women never could make their mind up

For discussion of issues pertaining to sexuality. Warning: Topics within this forum may contain frank discussion of a sexual nature.
PiF
Apositive Star

Women never could make their mind up

Postby PiF » 25 Aug 2015, 02:29

women are always a difficult group to know what to think about. As such when it comes to sexuality, more women would describe themselves as bisexual than men and men are more likely to describe themselves as 100% straight or 100% gay

so it was interesting to read research From Elizabeth McClintock, of the University of Notre Dame in Indiana and the findings of her research

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/11 ... finds.html

Spider

Re: Women never could make their mind up

Postby Spider » 15 Sep 2015, 15:12

I feel this ties in with how society segregates the two main genders.

For instance, it would be "safer" for a cis female to say the she is bi while looking for a relationship, that it would be for a cis male.
Hetero cis males will date a bi cis woman in a heart beat thinking they can get a threesome out of her (nine times outa ten). Cis males experience different struggles with the term bi. They are more likely to be told to "choose a side" and I'm sure are harassed more because of that problematic mindset of "you can only like one".

I put safer in quotes because it's more a false sense of acceptance.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 15 Sep 2015, 21:54

I get lost when all that cis and hetro stuff goes on

I've always felt as a general rule more men think most women will experiment with sexuality...than men and women thinking men will experiment with sexuality

Spider

Postby Spider » 15 Sep 2015, 23:31

It does take some getting used to and research to fully understand. Would be happy to talk about it the best I can if you wish?

But yeah, bisexual doesn't mean experiment, sure there are the few bad eggs that basically use the title for god knows why, but as a whole it is a valid orientation. Read the article you shared, I am still skeptical about where they got their statistic. However, I also wouldn't be surprised. The people who seem to have been in this study seem a bit arrogant, how they claim bisexuality is more accepted in cis woman, and how they "change" their sexuality. No one ever "changes" their sexuality, they just explore their feeling more and find a better term to fit how they feel. Also, fantasizing is not acceptance in the least! It's amazing to me how people still feel that you can only be attracted to one gender, and any more is selfish?? But that's a different story. For this case their theories as to why their findings occur are hugely based on common biases and assumptions. Honestly this more than likely has to do with the psychology of how you are trained to behave and what to feel since birth (based off your gentiles) . It's silly really how we pigeon hole people and mold them based of what their gentiles are at birth, and if you don't fit into said mold, then you are judged ruthlessly. -sigh-

I got a bit off topic my bad. The whole biased and judgmental system just irritates me to the core. For me it's like "oh that person is bi...ok well that's none of my business unless I plan on dating them. Their bisexuality isn't harmful to anyone, so why care?"

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 16 Sep 2015, 00:42

I thank you for your kind offer spider but I was born in the 60's and my generation spent most of it's youth in saying we are all the same, respect us the same

this cis, hetro, blah blah every attempt to create a new label for sexuality which only aids to divide us rather than join us is a circus I largely try and stay away from but again I do thank you for offering to explain the modern youth labelling system to this curmudgeonly old fart

Return to “Sexuality”