Transexuals? In THAT country?

For discussion of issues pertaining to sexuality. Warning: Topics within this forum may contain frank discussion of a sexual nature.
PiF
Apositive Star

Transexuals? In THAT country?

Postby PiF » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:55 am

Thailand apparently carries out more sex change operations than any other nation in the world.

What may surprise many is the country which comes second...IRAN..even more surprising given that homosexuality in Iran is punishable by death...it's surprising because on one hand they are more welcoming and on the hand they are blatantly intolerant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexuality_in_Iran

http://www.out.com/news-opinion/2015/4/ ... -life-iran

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Transexuals? In THAT country?

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:45 pm

It isn't really so strange when you consider that Iran believes gender reassignment surgery to be a cure for homosexuality.
I suppose that it might be, in a weird sort of way, in some cases, but it isn't optional and that's the part that disturbs me.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star

Re: Transexuals? In THAT country?

Postby PiF » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:54 pm

Yeah I read that, they consider trans a disease but one that is curable by gender reasignment and once fully transition they offer the full paperwork to show the new sex on all paperwork but suggest that those recently transitioned keep quite about their previous sex,

That seemed odd to me,,gay men they will kill but trans they see as a disease they want to cure...it seems they do have some understanding and a wish to help (whatever the reason) but then will not have understanding towards another group

it's just when you think of countries offering gender reassignment, a strict Islamic country that operates under a type of Sharia law would not be for most ..the first guess