nocturnal erections

For discussion of issues pertaining to sexuality. Warning: Topics within this forum may contain frank discussion of a sexual nature.
Michael Smoker
Established Member

nocturnal erections

Postby Michael Smoker » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:54 am

This is a question for the men here, although some version of it might apply to the women as well.

What has been your history of nocturnal erections?

I used to get them all the time from a very young age until about 10 years ago, but don't get them any more. (I can get one artificially, through direct stimulation, but don't get them spontaneously.)

Not sure whether that's related to asexuality or to age, since I'm middle-aged now.

Michael

Dargon
Mega Member

Re: nocturnal erections

Postby Dargon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:46 am

I still get them (maybe once or twice a week), but not as often as I used to (they used to be nightly). I am 25.

That being said, I don't identify as asexual, so I may not be the best data point for this.

Roy

Postby Roy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:55 pm

I think it's directly correlated with age, based on consensus and studies. Or am I thinking of spontaneous erections? Not sure. In any case I've heard that sexual dreams are very common and even desirable among sexuals (and even asexuals) so it would seem more likely that they'd have nocturnal erections more, and perhaps they'd even like it.

As for me, I do get them, but I think that's a friction thing. My dreams are never sexual.

fridayoak

Postby fridayoak » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:49 am

I more often than not wake up in the morning with an erection but I 've only ever had a handful of sex-related dreams in my whole life.

Gadfly-in-Chief
Established Member

Postby Gadfly-in-Chief » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:24 pm

Full bladder can cause an involuntary erection. Also, any male not experiencing erectile dysfunction will normally experience an erection during REM sleep multiple times per night (and not be aware of it having happened).
Yes, the unexamined life is not worth living. But as a student of logic, you must realize that this does not imply that the examined life is.