Is anyone else completely sex-aversive?

For discussion of issues pertaining to sexuality. Warning: Topics within this forum may contain frank discussion of a sexual nature.
PiF
Apositive Star

Re: Is anyone else completely sex-aversive?

Postby PiF » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:17 am

flergalwit wrote:Thanks piffy: I know the definition of correlation and how to calculate it.It means the two things coincide more than they would if there was no relation.

Like most of those claiming to be asexual are feamle between 17-24?...okay get it

flergalwit wrote:There is no "all ... would have to" about it. "All would have to" is a strawman. No-one has said that all asexual people have to be repulsed or all repulsed people have to be asexual.

O how I missed the Strawman coming up, I bet he felt left out and forgotten

flergalwit wrote:What are you on about now? The reason I said you'd been hanging around the asexual community too long is nothing to do with labels but rather your somewhat eccentric idea that
PiF wrote:you go in most [non-asexual related] forums where the age group is mostly late teens early adults then you will find quite a few saying they are sexually repulsed...anti sexual...sexual apathy

Easy to resolve by simply going into those forums such as phsycology, psychiatry, mental health and victims of sexual abuse forums where the age groups are in line with avens of 17-24 ...spend some time in any of those and sexual repulsion can be seen as part of those forums which goes back to my point....sexual repulsion is not specific to asexuality as sexuals experience it too

flergalwit
Mega Member

Re: Is anyone else completely sex-aversive?

Postby flergalwit » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:36 am

PiF wrote:
flergalwit wrote:Thanks piffy: I know the definition of correlation and how to calculate it.It means the two things coincide more than they would if there was no relation.

Like most of those claiming to be asexual are feamle between 17-24?...okay get it

That is correct: there is definitely a correlation between the online asexual community and age/gender.

Whether the same correlation carries over to the rest of the asexual population (outside internet forums) is a different question. We don't know but there could be such a correlation and saying "not all asexuals are female and 17-24" doesn't disprove such a correlation.