World Pride Bothers Me

For discussion of issues pertaining to sexuality. Warning: Topics within this forum may contain frank discussion of a sexual nature.
Ciri
Mega Member

World Pride Bothers Me

Postby Ciri » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:47 am

Well not the concept, the actual timing. It's not every year, it's sporadic. I don't know why this fills me with rage on this level but it does. I personally blame THE ORGANIZERS for this travesty. Because they clearly have control over every LBGT group and are responsible for the entire thing. Please rectumfy this immediately.

Love Ciri ~ your unofficial world pride watcher. x
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: World Pride Bothers Me

Postby KAGU143 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:28 pm

Ciri wrote: ....edit.... Please rectumfy this immediately. ...edit...

*swipes*
I know several excessively A.R. people to whom this turn of phrase should be significant.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:30 am

I've never seen the point of waving a comedic flag in old mans piss colours at a gay parade whilst at the same time trying to convince everyone outside of pride that asexuality is not a gay thing

It's like an American president being honest...it just doesn't make sense

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:17 pm

What, pride? I would have to agree

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:57 am

PiF wrote:I've never seen the point of waving a comedic flag in old mans piss colours at a gay parade whilst at the same time trying to convince everyone outside of pride that asexuality is not a gay thing

It's like an American president being honest...it just doesn't make sense

Or an English Prime Minister.
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

Disjointed

Postby Disjointed » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:35 am

The point of pride as some may try and hijack it for asexual purposes is that it alledgedly shows tolerances for those not considered the norm.

But to align with it is a bit like helss angels saying they are not a drugs and prostitution funded organisation who then goes to a whore house selling drugs....i.e. when you have your visible finger only in one pie that is all people will see. In the same way some stress Asexuality is not a gay thing whilst attending pride which is predominantly gay

The thing is..we are trying to inform the non informed of what asexuality is and not those in the bubble of the informed and to those first impressions count.

By all means wave your piss stained flag and feel good on that day about your asexuality but do not think it is a positive to the uninformed if anything pride does more harm to what an asexual definition is more than aven does and it's wishy washy narnia discussions.

It is as simple as it can be..preaching to the converted is not the hard task, preaching to the uninformed and in a correct manner will help us...this is where I feel Pride DOES NOT help.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:02 am

Ooh a thread here on WorldPride! How could I miss this?

And yeah, the timing of WP is and remains a mystery. I like to think I'm good at spotting patterns in sequences of integers but ... 2000, 2006, 2012, 2014, 2017.... hmm I'm pretty well stumped I'm afraid.