Videos

A place for discussing real-life community building and media engagements.
ily

Videos

Postby ily » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:52 am

For a long time, I've really wanted to make videos about asexuality. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this is a good idea. However, I have no video equipment and no knowledge of filming and editing (Writing, directing, acting and music I can do, though). The hard part, I think, is getting people with all the necessary skills together. (Potential meetup activity?) What would you envision in a video?

Noskcaj.Llahsram

Re: Videos

Postby Noskcaj.Llahsram » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Some of the more obvious subjects for a video would include documentation of a meet up, of your daily life, and, if you can find willing subjects, fallow a couple of aces out on dates. Sort of an aces in their "natural environment" type thing.
What is love? Well, you know that feeling you get when you've been locked in a tiny dark space alone for a year? It's kind of the opposite of that.

ily

Postby ily » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:19 pm

I've secretly always thought there should be a TV show about my daily life. Cult classic in the making. :shhh:

pretzelboy

Postby pretzelboy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:35 am

I've never really had many ideas for asexual movies except...
Whenever I see the term "the asexual," it conjures up images of something like a nature documentary; the narrator is saying, "Observe the asexual female in her natural habitat," as we are shown her in her apartment making herself dinner.

Karl
Administrator

Postby Karl » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:59 am

A mockumentary! Now that could be awesome!

ily

Postby ily » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:00 pm

pretzelboy wrote:Whenever I see the term "the asexual," it conjures up images of something like a nature documentary; the narrator is saying, "Observe the asexual female in her natural habitat," as we are shown her in her apartment making herself dinner.

I actually really like that idea.