Asexual Clubs

A place for discussing real-life community building and media engagements.
Karl
Administrator

Asexual Clubs

Postby Karl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Thought it might be an idea to have a thread where we can post news and sightings of real-life asexual clubs and groups, like this one:

Asexual Club at Smith College - Northampton, MA

ghosts

Re: Asexual Clubs

Postby ghosts » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:41 am

Ha ha, awesome! I've been wondering how they were coming along with that. Now I just need to get that Western Mass meetup organized like I've been telling people, heh.

wintermute
Established Member

Postby wintermute » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:06 am

Heh, I read the title and thought it would be like a UV lights, loud music type of club.

That'd be cool.
Cicero wrote:"Neither can embellishments of language be found without arrangement and expression of thoughts, nor can thoughts be made to shine without the light of language"

pretzelboy

Postby pretzelboy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Could you a get a bunch of asexuals to go to that kind of club? A good number don't drink. I drink, but not much, and I hate loud sounds. So clubs aren't really my thing.

But when I saw the title, that's the first thing I thought of as well.

Karl
Administrator

Postby Karl » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:15 am

Dance Clubs really aren't my kind of scene, either. Too many people, too much noise. I like my personal space and like to be able to hear what the people I'm with are saying.

wintermute
Established Member

Postby wintermute » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:38 am

I only really go to that kind of place now and then, if I'm dragged there by a group. Then I spend the next three days replying to everything anyone says to me with "WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU. SPEAK UP" Much prefer bars where there's some music but not so that you can't hear yourself think.

I suppose to each there own but I've never particularly associated "asexual" with "not drinking".

Anyway when I said it was cool I was thinking more about the concept rather than the venue itself. Although a kind of asexual members-only bar would be good. Something like the original gentlemen's clubs, except with less blackballing.
Cicero wrote:"Neither can embellishments of language be found without arrangement and expression of thoughts, nor can thoughts be made to shine without the light of language"

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:02 pm

<- loved going to the gay bar back in college and loves going to the goth/industrial club now.

ily

Postby ily » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:24 pm

That's awesome, I'm surprised that Smith has enough people to do that. I'm impressed.

I do like dance clubs sometimes, but I usually don't approve of the music ;)