Jeremy kyle show

A place for discussing real-life community building and media engagements.
disjointed

Jeremy kyle show

Postby disjointed » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:08 am

Jeremy Kyle for those of you within the uk will be known as a show similar to steve wilko's show in the states

basically a load of jerry esque people go onto the show to say things to millions they should have said in private

todays show..friday the 13th ..had 3 sections..with the mid sections being a young 18 year old man called michael

he admitted he had depression..as most people have had at some time..but declared himself to be asexual

he then went onto say about the sexual side of it doesn't register at all

the syke..graham had obviously done some homework on asexuality and agreed 1 out of a 100 is likely to be asexual in some varying degree but offered a sexual syke councillor to michael..but did add..if it turns out your asexual after all and not just an introvert then hey why not as asexuals go onto have a perfectly happy life..his tone was more positive than negative

Kyle on the other hand ..whilst I am sure he thought he was genuine did the usual sexual mistakes and assumptions

said..so your asexual..but you masturbate..michael replied yes but it's a release thing not a sexual thing..kyle replied..see..so it does work

obviously allying to the old myth that asexual males all have limp dicks

then the other myth..kyle...how do you know your asexual if you havn't even had sex yet..

young michael I feel although introverted did him self proud and whilst the quiet young chap was open and fair playto him, went onto a national television programme to talk about his asexuality

so for that the show deserves some appluase..but ktyle..needs to talk to graham abit more before his gob opens

some with access to itv player maybe able to see the programme again if the wished

O and for the mods...being that it went on air today..we might get a few days of heavy...am I asexual

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Jeremy kyle show

Postby KAGU143 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:13 am

Thanks for the heads-up, disjointed! I will pay close attention here and also make a comment about it over at AVEN (in case you haven't done it yet.)
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

SlightlyMetaphysical

Postby SlightlyMetaphysical » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:04 am

Oddly enough, one of my friends mentioned today's Jeremy Kyle. She said she hadn't seen it, but apparently, according to someone she knew who had, something interesting actually happened in it. She said this at a random point in the conversation, so I assumed she was hinting (she knows I'm asexual), but she didn't seem to know that it was related to asexuality. So, apparently, it was a much more interesting episode than normal.

Jicragg
Established Member

Postby Jicragg » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:05 pm

KAGU143 wrote:Thanks for the heads-up, disjointed! I will pay close attention here and also make a comment about it over at AVEN (in case you haven't done it yet.)

He has and my comment is over there. I don't feel up to copying and pasting.

Roy

Postby Roy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Asexuality appearing on a show like this is somewhat surprising. I'm impressed with Jeremy Kyle's sensitivity to the subject.

disjointed

Postby disjointed » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:10 am

I believe the jeremy kyle show being on itv1 only holds onto the show for 7 days for internet watchers...I know recetly trisha goddard also had a asexual older man on her show but again i suspect it's gone beyond the 7 days the tv networks holds in online

i tried goggle and you tube and nadda on you tube but plenty on google but not the vids...unless someone else can find them?

Roy

Postby Roy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:53 pm

fridayoak

Postby fridayoak » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:39 pm

Ah that Trisha thing was ok, I did "lol" at the dogging guy's "rather shoot my head off" comment and that fat woman was a bit thick but Mark handled it well and good old Trisha wrapped it up quite nicely.

disjointed

Postby disjointed » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:01 am

so far the stereotypes have been potrayed

the socially awkward but geeky quiet teenager on kyle and the middle aged virgin on trisha

the problem we have is that to raise awareness the real people that catches the press's eye are the teens who are outward, social etc but getting some one those to go public is like trying to find an honest politician

general perceptions are

under 18 it's a phase...over 40 it doesn't work anymore or your just "old" so i think we need a bigger public pust in the 23-30 group to show a better and more relative grouping of asexual/sexual