Short WorldPride Documentary

A place for discussing real-life community building and media engagements.
rodneyu

Short WorldPride Documentary

Postby rodneyu » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:38 am

Hi Guys-

I wanted to alert you all to project I've been working on for a few months now, a short documentary that follows the asexual community in their involvement with WorldPride in London this past summer. It was a blast to film, and even better to meet all the wonderful people who are in (and not in) the film, but now I need some help getting the film into festivals and the like.

After seeing (a)sexual, the Angela Tucker film, at a London film festival I was really blow away by the lively Q&A and how engaged people were during the event so I'm hoping to elicit something similar perhaps by screening my film in festivals. The only thing is submitting to festivals and making exhibition tapes is pretty expensive so I started a Kickstarter page in hopes of getting a lot of small contributions that will take the film far! There are only 8 more days to raise funds so I'm hoping for the best

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here by posting the link but even if you don't donate financially it would be a great help if you simply share the link and spread the word! Cake karma will follow you, I swear!

Please feel free to message me with any questions, thank you! :D - Rodney

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2080916200/not-broken-not-alone

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Short WorldPride Documentary

Postby KAGU143 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:43 am

I don't mind links at all when they are on topic, so welcome to Apositive, Rodney!

(Now, if you were trying to sell time-share condos or adult toys that might be another matter!)

Can you tell us more about your film? How long is it? Are there any small excerpts from it that could be viewed in order to get an idea of what it's like?
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

yahoo92

Postby yahoo92 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:13 am

The only thing is submitting to festivals and making exhibition tapes is pretty expensive so I started a Kickstarter page in hopes of getting a lot of small contributions that will take the film far!

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 am

I just want to caution our members and viewers:

Please don't send money to ANY Kickstarter project without investigating them very thoroughly. There have been some outright scams associated with Kickstarter and even more cases of projects that start off meaning well but then fall apart due to various reasons.

I allow these posts as a courtesy, but that does not mean that I personally endorse the projects.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.