We bloggin' (and I hope you like bloggin' too...)

This forum is for discussion of existing blog posts and for posting of new blog posts. Only Admins and Moderators have permission to start new topics here but any registered member can reply.
Mr. Paradox

We bloggin' (and I hope you like bloggin' too...)

Postby Mr. Paradox » 30 Jan 2008, 09:04

Now that we have a hearty crop of threads sprouting up, I hope we can start harvesting some good blog material. If there's a discussion that's really come to fruition and you'd like to write it up, as it were, into a nice packaged article for the front page blog, please do so and post it here. If you've written a single post that you think would look good on its own, submit that here as well. We've been expecting that our forum discussions will provide a wealth of material for mature written pieces. On the other hand, if you have something you'd like to write about specifically for the blog that hasn't come up elsewhere, do that too. Likewise if you have a bit of pop culture to point out or an interesting quotation like the poem that's up there now.

Meanwhile, if there's a thread, subject, or general idea you'd like to see blogged, but you lack the right words or the time to do it yourself, let's make a list on this thread so others might take up the suggestion and run with it. I'll start.

-Introduction to the Storms model

-Sex in film and literature: the good, the bad, and the ugly (maybe explore one example of each, and see what went right or wrong)

-Are arousal patterns objective laboratory measures of orientation?
"He cannot, however, long remain asexual when he sees the great peasant girls, as ardent as mares in heat, abandoning themselves to the arms of robust youths."
--Havelock Ellis, Studies in the Psychology of Sex

pretzelboy

Re: We bloggin' (and I hope you like bloggin' too...)

Postby pretzelboy » 01 Feb 2008, 09:01

I could do a write up on the Storms model for sexual orientation, although there remains the question of whether to try to keep it *relatively* short (a page or two) and stick to describing the model, and the motivation for it, and the arguments that Storms gave, or if it would be okay to make it longer (several pages), add some of my own views and arguments (some of which are included in the Storms model post, others aren't), including discussion of how I think it could/should be expanded and used for future research. (This is something that I hope to continue working on and and some point hope to be able to write something up and post it on AVEN's wiki along with the open letter to human sexuality researchers, but that probably won't be for a while because I want to take "human sexuality" first, and can't do that till the summer session.)

spin

Postby spin » 02 Feb 2008, 10:27

pretzelboy, I think a shorter, thought-provoking version would be more blog-appropriate, but it'd be fabulous if you could write a longer, more detailed and researched piece to contribute to the Knowledge Base.

Karl
Administrator

Postby Karl » 02 Feb 2008, 11:15

If you want to write a longer article then please do. I'll set up another section in the Knowledge Base for Member's Articles. Then we can post an abstract as a blog entry and link to the full article at the end, if you like.

Karl
Administrator

Postby Karl » 21 Mar 2008, 11:23

We'd like to update the blog more regularly, so if anyone wants to submit a post please let us know.

Return to “Blog Post Discussion”