Pleasure meeting you!

Introduce yourself to the community here.
lcat

Pleasure meeting you!

Postby lcat » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Hello there!

My friends call me Cat. I'm new to the asexual community. I am a 20-year-old female attending college in the states. I've determined I'm a biromantic asexual. I had never given much thought to my sexuality until now, and then I wondered why that may be, considering it seems to be a main concern to a lot of people. In high school, I was so focused on my academics and my future that I figured I would become sexual once I got around to focusing on it, or I would grow into it. However, I still have never experienced any sexual attraction to either sex and would be perfectly happy never having it. Yet, I do see myself getting married one day. So I have started to reach out to the various online communities to hopefully make friends and maybe start establishing relationships.

I'm a very creative, open-minded person who likes spending time outdoors, drawing, reading, taking pictures, making videos, as well as freaking out about various books and TV shows. I'm liberal, atheist, vegan, and a feminist, if you can relate to any of those things. I also love cats and comedy.

As a side note: I also suffer from clinical depression and suicidal thoughts for which I take medication. I have also had a history of anorexia and obsessive compulsive tendencies. But I have begun to see a therapist, and I am starting to overcome my issues!

I really appreciate this site being here, and I hope to get to know some of you better. :) Cheers!

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Pleasure meeting you!

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi lcat, and welcome to Apositive!
It can be quiet around here sometimes but we nave a nice core group of good people. (And a few totally random, batchit-crazy zanies, but who am I to judge?) (Just kidding!)
Hopefully some of them will be stopping by soon. In the meantime, pull up a digital chair and make yourself comfortable.
:D
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Narnia
Established Member

Postby Narnia » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:19 am

Hi Cat, not been here long myself - took me a lot longer to figure out why I was different, but at least I know I'm not a freak. Hope to see you around the board :)

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:59 am

Hiii, I thought I was a freak because I'm asexual too.

Then I realised being asexual doesn't make me a freak...it's everything else o.o

I'm one of those batchitcrazy zanies KAAAYGU was talking about.

Don't let your sexuality or your mental illnesses define you.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.