Some Of You May Know Me!

Introduce yourself to the community here.
TheGuvnorsMoll

Some Of You May Know Me!

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:50 am

Dia dhuít, all!

This is my first time here but some of you may know me from Aven where I was LaMaestra.

I have now 'left the group due to musical differences' as the vernacular goes. Or to be brutally honest, personality clashes.

I look forward to the craíc.
'The best Government is that which governs least, if at all' - Henry David Thoreau.

PiF
Apositive Star

Re: Some Of You May Know Me!

Postby PiF » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:49 am

Su más que su bienvenida

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:52 am

Hey Welcome - no cake but still, you get freedom here so guess you can't have everything. If you look up the 'Rules', you'll find there aren't any - you can disagree and we're all adult enough to accept we will disagree :)
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

TheGuvnorsMoll

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:58 am

PiF wrote:Su más que su bienvenida

Gracias!

Thank you, Tanwen. Great to know there are still some sensible folk left online.
'The best Government is that which governs least, if at all' - Henry David Thoreau.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:08 am

Glad you found your way here. I couldn't believe it when Spanish Duchess said you'd left AVEN - I'm sorry you felt you had to at least take a break from it. I had no intention of ever going back but I sort of drifted into it.
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

TheGuvnorsMoll

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:27 am

I didn't think I'd ever leave either. But I was hounded off by the elitist mentality. I even got banned from AGN for posts made on Aven. How petty can you get!

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:23 am

Haha hello! :)

What were your nudges for? Panfictothing was talking about me as though I was banned on there and I was like lol no, not yet.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:02 am

Hi, GovnorsMoll!
Welcome to Apositive! Pull up a chair, kick back, and enjoy the freedom to say what you feel like saying!

LOL @ Tan! Actually, there ARE some rules here, but not very many. I don't allow personal attacks, and .... erm .... hmmmm .... well, that's about it, I guess.
Unpopular opinions are okay, and joking around is okay.
There will no warnings if someone messes up. What I will do is edit an offending post and then PM the poster to explain what I changed and why. I believe that people prefer to be treated as adults and that they will police themselves if they're given half a chance. So far this has worked extremely well.

(If there's ever a member who just won't stop being an asshat despite repeated corrections then I would ban them, but it hasn't happened yet.)
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:42 am

This is a dictatorship - albeit a beneficent one. We <3 you Nancy :D

TheGuvnorsMoll

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:00 am

Ciri wrote:Haha hello! :)

What were your nudges for? Panfictothing was talking about me as though I was banned on there and I was like lol no, not yet.

The first nudge was for daring to say that I found promiscuous people offensive and that everyone should accept and respect my personal moral code.

The second nudge was for saying how people need to man up and grow a pair.

Skycaptain

Postby Skycaptain » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:02 am

TheGuvnorsMoll I have followed you here. The way the kids in control elsewhere treated a well-regarded member of that community was beside the pale. I won't say anything else because posts from here are being quoted on there in full

TheGuvnorsMoll

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:50 am

Thank you for that, Captain and good evening to you. Just don't mention Manchester United, at least not for the next week!

What's with them on Aven? Are they bloody paranoid?

The Veg Wars begin tomorrow!

Skycaptain

Postby Skycaptain » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Everton is also a sweary word

There is something going on somewhere else that I really don't like, but I daren't name where or what because too many walls have too many ears. Opinions voiced, you would think out of harm's way, have a nasty habit of being rebroadcast somewhere else without your knowledge.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:07 pm

When my sons were young one supported Everton and the other Liverpool (very common on Merseyside). When it came to derby day, they weren't allowed to watch; it was recorded and the supporter of the losing team went to MacDonalds. Iain had an awful lot of Maccy D's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*In our house the 'M' word isn't used *

TheGuvnorsMoll

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:41 pm

Skycaptain wrote:Everton is also a sweary word

There is something going on somewhere else that I really don't like, but I daren't name where or what because too many walls have too many ears. Opinions voiced, you would think out of harm's way, have a nasty habit of being rebroadcast somewhere else without your knowledge.

Fair enough, Captain. You never know who's around or what their motives are. I know that from bitter experience.

Just been listening to the Guv'nor on YouTube. <3 <3