Just another AVEN defector.

Introduce yourself to the community here.
amygdala

Just another AVEN defector.

Postby amygdala » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:08 am

The subject title says it all really. I'm still there, but only to take care of my meetup thread.
I will likely rant about it here later since my posts are being screened on AVEN.

Anyway, hi. :shifty:
If anyone can kindly explain what the environment is like here so I don't embarrass myself that would be awesome.
I have a feeling there is a bit more freedom here, although really slow/quiet.

I apologize in advance if my personality is too emotional/perceived as not being mature enough.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Re: Just another AVEN defector.

Postby Tanwen » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:18 am

The atmosphere is fantastic, you can post pretty much what you like. Nancy doesn't like us to be nasty to each other, but she understands we're going to disagree at times - sometimes disagree a lot but we're adults and there's no 'Report' button.

Welcome - hope you'll have fun.
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:19 am

Firstly welcome amy

Don't worry about them watching your posts, we talk common sense here and as you know, that is not something aven currently encourages so they rarely take much notice :lol:

Enviroment here is far more open and everyone is allowed to embarrass themselves..in some cases it's encouraged so as to stop people taking themselves to seriously

As to you being emo/not old enough...pah..you will get an honest answer here and support..sometimes you may not see the immediate reply as support and others you will but that is the same for everyone on here

I would say dip your toe in the water, understand we are allowed to have different opinions in here and we have definately less drama..welcome

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:04 am

Welcome!

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Aren't you older than me, Amy :p

Hi.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

amygdala

Postby amygdala » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:14 pm

Ciri wrote:Aren't you older than me, Amy :p

Hi.
Based on the age in your profile, no lol

amygdala

Postby amygdala » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Tanwen wrote:The atmosphere is fantastic, you can post pretty much what you like. Nancy doesn't like us to be nasty to each other, but she understands we're going to disagree at times - sometimes disagree a lot but we're adults and there's no 'Report' button.

Welcome - hope you'll have fun.
P.s. I was totally going to quote this sentence you said in the site comments mod election thread and say "Amen" :lol:
Don't you think that there just may be the possibility that sometimes admods go ahead with a course of action without considering the impact on members? That sometimes members get frustrated when their views are overlooked or ignored?

I was relating hardcore to it at the time I was reading it.
Unfortunately my post probably won't get approved lol.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:47 pm

Maybe it has happened in the past, but I don't remember it being used. Perhaps they're trying to avoid you getting into 'warn' territory so are hiding your posts temporarily. It would be nice if they pm'd you to let you know - maybe they're in the process of getting the wording right. You could try contacting Lady Girl - as it's a group decision she wont be able to give you a definitive answer but even a 'We're discussing how best to help you' it would be better than where you stand at the moment.

Ah get it now - been back and read the thread. I daren't say any more. Hide out here for a while, it's what I do.
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:35 am

Hi amygdala!

Welcome to Apositive, or, as I sometimes call it, the quiet side of A street. Kick back, relax, and enjoy a drink with the grownups! :D

(Chronological ages may vary considerable, but everybody here gets treated like a grownup, regardless.)
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.