Hiya

Introduce yourself to the community here.
Spotastic
Established Member

Hiya

Postby Spotastic » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Hey there everyone.

I've been a lurker here for a few months now, but thought I'd actually go ahead and properly introduce myself. I go by the same name on AVEN. I'm a 32 year old, married, Marine Corps veteran. I'm an aromantic grey asexual. I'm also a very big geek and a gamer.

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Hiya

Postby KAGU143 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi Spotastic, and welcome to Apositive!

LOL!! - Big geek and gamer would define KBRD143 (Kæth) my husband; he's the guy who pays the bills to keep Apos up and running.
We have Nintendo and Sony devices and games all over the place around our house. Oh, and we now have a talking device from Amazon which goes by the name of Alexa.
I suspect that she is gradually taking over control of the house. First it was the lights, then the radio, now she's in charge of the shopping list .... what next?

So anyway ... gamer and geek is definitely spoken here! Think Geek!
Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. :D
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:22 am

*Waves* Hi, I'm the same here too - but then you'll probably have guessed that :lol: Welcome :D
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

Spotastic
Established Member

Postby Spotastic » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:23 am

Yeah, I figured out who you were, Tan. :lol:

My wife's probably a bigger geek than I am, only in different ways. I'm more of a gaming and computers geek and she's an all-around geek. She considers herself a bard (and I have to agree :D). I look forward to making a nuisance of myself. :lol:

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:43 am

Welcome spot. I've seen you signed in a few times but didn't like to approach before you felt you wanted to say hi

Hopefully Kæth can visit a bit more often too as when it comes to p.c.'s and gaming I'm a bit of a luddite...i got as far as Tetris when it first came out on the gameboy and realised my skills were never going to be on a gaming screen. The closest I can get to a geek is wearing glasses.....Nancy get Kæth innnnnnn

O..I can be a bit of a tosser most of the time ..you may have noticed :D

but welcome

Spotastic
Established Member

Postby Spotastic » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:07 pm

You're really pretty hard to miss, PiF. :lol: I've actually been playing Tetris lately to help deal with some trauma that I went to in May (that's a completely different story). It helps the brain stop dwelling on past events and calms you with the repetition. :)

And I can definitely weigh in on more things than just geekery. For instance, I'm a small business owner with my wife and I have very definite opinions about the whole AVEN copyright saga that I'm sure I'll be mentioning soon. I just need to get my feet wet a bit more first. :D

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:12 am

Yay!! Informed information is by far the very best kind!

I'm also a small business owner, or at least I was. I've been trying to retire for a few years but it doesn't want to let me go.
I'm in self-employed limbo at the moment, I guess, but I hope to be free eventually.

PiF, I have tried and tried to get Kæth to take part in Apositive, but he just doesn't seem to be interested. He's very much a classic Aspie when it comes to his tendency to focus exclusively on only a few things, and his current fascination is not on asexuality at all; it seems to be directed mostly toward films, games, Wonkette, and some other related sites.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Spotastic
Established Member

Postby Spotastic » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:01 am

Sounds like Kæth and I are very much alike. I'm also an Aspie. :D Games are definitely the thing that I focus on most. I hope to put some of that focus into going back to school when certain things settle down for me at home. That likely won't be until at the earliest next year, though.