*waves* hi

Introduce yourself to the community here.
BeingAlive

*waves* hi

Postby BeingAlive » 27 Nov 2015, 19:52

Hello all :)

My name is Emily. I'm 24 and am from the lovely state of Nebraska. Go Huskers! I went to school for 3 and a half years for Special Education but then I switched majors and am pursuing a career in Child Protection and Juvenile Justice. I want to help kids who come from abusive homes. I myself was a victim of child abuse and have come out the other side. I want to show kids that they can do the same. :)

So why am I here? Yanno, I'm not entirely sure myself. For many years I've had the thought in my head that I'm asexual, I'm still figuring it out. The more I read the more I think that I am on the scale of asexuality. It is an almost comforting feeling... but at the same time I'm like oh great let's add another thing to alienate me. I'm already an agnostic atheist in a conservative state! :P

I thought it would be nice to come onto a forum and maybe meet some people who are similar to me and maybe even learn about people who are different from me! :) I'm a very open minded person and I love talking to people from all walks of life.

I can't wait to get to know you all :)
"In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." -Elwood P. Dowd

SpanishDuchess

Re: *waves* hi

Postby SpanishDuchess » 28 Nov 2015, 00:27

Betrayal is the only truth that sticks. ~Arthur Miller

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 29 Nov 2015, 10:10

Hope you'll enjoy yourself here :D
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 29 Nov 2015, 10:45

Hi Being Alive!
Welcome to Apositive. :)

I wonder if I should offer you condolences for being stuck in Nebraska (JK), but, on the other hand I have a good friend living there who is also Atheist and very much a Liberal, although she isn't asexual. 'Not sure how close you are to Lincoln, but it might be good to know that you aren't completely alone in the Red State wilderness!

Lots of people are on what has come to be called the asexual spectrum. I think that it mainly proves what should have been obvious all along:
Normal human sexuality includes a wide range of variations, and the asexual end of the bell curve is only one of them.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

BeingAlive

Postby BeingAlive » 30 Nov 2015, 16:45

Thank you for the welcomes! :)

Ah no! I love Nebraska! I'm about 45 minutes from Lincoln :)

Yeah sexuality comes in all forms! The media so heavenly influences us into thinking we should be a certain way. Nothing is black and white!
"In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." -Elwood P. Dowd

Vivaldi Ives

Postby Vivaldi Ives » 30 Nov 2015, 17:50

There's an asexuality meetup group in Lincoln! I've been to one meeting so far. Let me know if you want more info!

TheGuvnorsMoll

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » 09 Dec 2015, 07:28

Hi, Emily! You arrive just in time for the Herb Wars.
'The best Government is that which governs least, if at all' - Henry David Thoreau.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 09 Dec 2015, 08:55

Tomorrow :D
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

Return to “Introductions”