Hey Peeps!

Introduce yourself to the community here.
SkyWorld

Hey Peeps!

Postby SkyWorld » 12 Dec 2015, 07:32

Some of you may know me from AVEN. I joined because I've been quite interested in all that apos is about for a while now and finally joined. And I really do mean all that apos is about; I plan on exploring all of apos and not just one area. I'd also really love to get to know the community here.

Sigh... yes. I am a current moderator of AVEN. :/ That's no secret. I'm aware that the team isn't exactly well liked in general (I can't blame you), but I hope that that doesn't get in the way of knowing me as an individual, as lame as that sentence looks. :P I don't know how else to phrase it.

It sure does look very different, so it may take me a bit of time to get used to how it's set up, so I apologize for acting like a noob.

Anyways, it's really awesome to meet you all! :) *waves*

Tanwen
Mega Member

Re: Hey Peeps!

Postby Tanwen » 12 Dec 2015, 07:48

Welcome Skyworld - A Pos is a very different place to AVEN and we don't care what you do over there you're very welcome here :) As ther are fewer of us, it's a lot slower especially as PiF is away working. Jump in, have some fun - they can't use it against you :D
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 13 Dec 2015, 06:52

Hi Skyworld, and welcome to Apositive!

I don't think there is a general dislike for AVEN's admods here - or at least I hope not!
Some of our members have had some personal conflicts with some of the admods over there, and their feelings of betrayal have left some permanent scars, but I don't think that anybody here blames the entire team for what a few individuals might have done.

(And, although I DO hold people responsible for their actions, I'm not the type who chooses to dislike someone just because they have some personality flaws. If I did that then I could never like anybody - most of all myself! I make allowances, and then move on. In my opinion, life's too short to waste it by holding on to grudges.)
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

SkyWorld

Postby SkyWorld » 13 Dec 2015, 10:15

Thank you both for the warm welcome! :)

That's really good to hear because I was a bit nervous about joining. However, I'm really glad that I did and the welcomes have certainly made me relax more.

From my time, I've noticed that the AVEN admods don't always have the best reputation and I could see why some members aren't too fond of them. Though from my point of view of the team in general, they're nice and hardworking people and all, but we just so happen to have personality clashes sometimes. Hmm... :| It happens.

The main reason why I've been sticking around is so that I can at least do what I can to help AVEN and its members. A lot of things I cannot do without having the majority of the team agree, so I try to focus on little things that I can do to still improve, like projects that would help the members. I don't really like to just sit back and do nothing. Besides, that's basically the reason why I wanted to became a mod in the first place. I mean, I know that not everything and every idea will go through, but it does start to become more and more discouraging over time.

But I didn't really come here just so I can rant. :lol: Although, "bringing it to the team" would probably 9/10 not change anything (and would likely be a waste of my time bringing it up). <-- Yikes! That sounded bitter... I don't really have conflicts with anyone (at least not that I know of), but the personality clashes can get pretty frustrating. It's just relieving to let it out and having people listen.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 13 Dec 2015, 14:07

I know what you mean.
When I was an admod at AVEN and I wanted to accomplish something it sometimes felt like I was pounding my head against the wall. It's almost impossible to come to any kind of consensus when the team members are so widely divergent in age, culture, experience, and etc.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Skycaptain

Postby Skycaptain » 15 Dec 2015, 12:15

Hiya SkyWorld, now the similarity of internet handles can cause confusion here as well :lol:

Return to “Introductions”