Hello

Introduce yourself to the community here.
Ilmi

Hello

Postby Ilmi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:07 am

Hi everyone.

A quick intro from me before I go and take a proper look around. I'm a married 28 year old heteromantic asexual with a wonderful husband and a daughter.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for me, but there are suggestions that this is a 'more mature' alternative to other asexuality communities where I've been a bit overwhelmed by talk of sex repulsion, being asexual but sometimes experiencing sexual attraction or being asexual 'sometimes', special snowflake-ness, how there are many asexuals that seem to have a deep issue with sex in the world around them - "I had to turn that TV show off because it depicted sex". That stuff just isn't me.

I know this is a quiet community but I'm hoping it can be my place as a bog-standard boring asexual in a mixed relationship, perfectly happy with whatever, nothing special, just asexual. Maybe quiet is just what I need?

PiF
Apositive Star

Re: Hello

Postby PiF » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:02 am

Hi Ilmi....Welcome

Yes it is slower which some times can be a god send but also less addictive as we more "mature ones" tend to have a real live away from the screen :D

You won't find snowflakey press the report button every five minutes here as we all understand we have different views and even if we disagree we try and get on. I get the tv show comment, sometimes it's like watching the kardashians rather than asexuals :D

Well people wise, we have two asexuals in a marriage, a couple of us who have been married (not to each other) and also have kids, some in relationships that are mixed and of course singletons also

Ilmi

Postby Ilmi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:22 am

Thanks PiF. This sounds like just what I need - a community to come to occasionally, to talk about this part of my identity, without it taking up a big part of my life and without me feeling 'too normal'. I've had a look around and this seems like a comfortable place to be, so I shall return occasionally and hopefully participate a little.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:13 am

Hi Ilmi, and welcome to Apositive! :D

We're a quiet little corner of the internet here, and we have a tolerant attitude toward those who don't agree with us.
- Which is why PiF is still here!! LOL! (jk!)

That means that we can occasionally have some heated discussions, and such things are allowed as long as they don't deteriorate into name calling and personal attacks. These occurrences seem to be pretty rare, but ya never know . . .

For the most part we just hang out and talk about random things while relaxing in the safety of our little peer group, but questions and discussions about asexuality are what we're really supposed to be all about. We tend to address these subjects from the perspective of adult asexuals rather than that of young people who are still questioning their identity. 'Not always, of course, but I think we lean in that direction.

I'm one of the married asexuals, BTW. :)
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:23 am

Welcome - yes, this is certainly a very different site but I like it this way. If you click o the heading 'Rules', you'll see there aren't any - so no reports or 'they said...and it upset me'. We're all adults here and accept that others wont always agree with us - but it doesn't mean we don't have our moments :D I hope you'll enjoy it here :D
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:48 pm

KAGU143 wrote:Hi Ilmi, and welcome to Apositive! :D :D

We're a quiet little corner of the internet here, and we have a tolerant attitude toward those who don't agree with us.
- Which is why PiF is still here!! LOL! (jk!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

:D

Ilmi

Postby Ilmi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Got myself an avatar. I've moved in.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:57 pm

Like old slippers....A good fit