Heyo

Introduce yourself to the community here.
Certainly Not Nai

Heyo

Postby Certainly Not Nai » 03 Apr 2016, 18:02

Heyo apos, I'm Certainly Not Nai........but you can call me Nai. :shifty:

I'm not sure how many or if any of you are aware, but this "Nai" person on AVEN is one of the newer mods...and is frankly disappointed in some things. Don't get me wrong, I (oops, I mean they ) don't despise Admods or anything...but it could be improved upon, that's for sure.

Honestly, I made originally made this apos account with no intention of ever using it, but I'd like to start now. I'm kind of curious about how everyone else feels about things on AVEN, as well as what the community here is like in general. I'm buddies with another member on here, so I've heard a lot about it already (not particularly bad)! :)

Well, that's it for now! It's nice to meet you all! :D

SkyWorld

Re: Heyo

Postby SkyWorld » 03 Apr 2016, 18:09

Hi, Not Nai! I'm a little said that you're not my twin, but nice to meet you anyways and welcome! :D

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 03 Apr 2016, 18:41

Welcome Not Nai this is certainly very different from AVEN, there are no rules except 'be nice to each other' and even that gets bent out of shape at times but we get over it :) Sooo have fun, even if you aren't Nai :D

*And even though many are disappointed in things the way they are over on AVEN, doesn't stop us from wanting better :) *
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 03 Apr 2016, 21:22

Hi Not..your welcome in here as are most

slightly puzzled why would you create an account with no intention of using it but your as welcome to join in

I don't think it is particulalrly difficult to find out what most feel about aven....but can I ask instead..what is your impression of it?

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 03 Apr 2016, 21:48

PiF, lots of folk do it on AVEN - well, now they're going to have to as they can't see half the board as a guest :P OK, 'half' is an exaggeration :D

*PiF being fair to 'Not', they can't really answer that question *
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 04 Apr 2016, 01:17

Fair points although search is your friend :D

Avens biggest problems..for me...

in the backroom there needs to be more cohesion and less "I've been here the longest so I am more important" but also.."you lot are old farts and know nothing"..there is a wealth of good knowledge and a wealth of enthusiasm..if only they could find a way to identify the best bits of both and work better together

Also they are sadly lacking a forward man..or woman or whatever is the term this week...someone who see's VERY long term, identifies the issues and removes much of the past where arguments have happened because someone "didn't see that coming"..also regular review by elections is a must...too many have had f*ck all input into aven and it's community and they see that as ok..it's not. but I do understand that is a work in progress

Whether you determine asexuality as the lack of sexual attarction or that desire nonsense...what both seem to agree is that full time asexuals are the only asexuals, everything else are sexuals aligning with some traits at some times of asexuality

I am NOT saying we hound sexuals out of asexual forums, I'd jump on anyone who did..what I am saying is stop trying to give everyone a gold medal I am asexual badge when they are not....this will help immesuarably when promoting what is ..and ISN'T an asexual

This isn't targetting and saying you are not asexual..what it is is promoting what an asexual is so then people can look and say hey that's me..or hey that isn't me so I'll keep looking so I can identify correctly but still feel welcome here anyway

avens traditional response to things is throw as many things at things and hope it works...mod numbers, associations with the lgbt, 99 labels of what an asexual is (but really isn't)..but honestly when there is only 1 difference between us and sexuals...it's better to have 1 and be accurate than 99 and be seen as a joke

Does that help Nai?

Certainly Not Nai

Postby Certainly Not Nai » 04 Apr 2016, 01:50

Thanks for the welcomes :)

I made an account to see more parts of the board, yeah. Also because I thought all the cool kids were doing it, so why not? :P

I've been looking around since I made my account and have seen a number of posts already. I hope to read more and contribute now!

PiF, I completely agree, you took the words right out of my mouth. I wish Admods were able to work together more easily on things and respect each other's different views and opinions. A lot more would get done, I think.

Honestly, I try to stay out of the "what is asexuality" debate because I see it as a waste of time. Everyone just seems to be going around in circles with that. I've always viewed as nothing more than a person who doesn't experience sexual attraction. I don't know why everyone is making it appear to be more than that? It just complicates things unnecessarily. I'm personally not a fan of all the sublabels made because of it either. I don't need 50 labels to describe how I am romantically or sexually; it's getting out of hand as I see it. People trying too hard to prove they're asexual.

This has helped plenty, thank you! :) I'm glad to be here.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 04 Apr 2016, 02:12

Your more than Welcome Not Nai :lol:

If I may just add for clarification more than anything else for future members of Apositive

Certainly Not Nai wrote: I made an account to see more parts of the board,

I think Apositive is more welcoming than aven as all parts are visible (except private photos it seems) to both members AND non members..That is largely down to Nancy and Kæth who run it that way as they understand that often people will spend ages looking, reading, identifying etc before they join up but also some may not join up as they find what they are looking for without being a member...the door is always open and not as aven has become..you need a password to even read a big chunk of it

most in Apos recognises this, and see those who are inquisitive about asexuality as equally important as those who join in too.

Imagine your looking to buy a new ipod and you visit 2 different sites..where would you spend your money if one allows you full access to all of the site and it's ipod description... or the other that says hell yeah we sell ipods but we are not letting you see them?

Anyway..welcome..again :D

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 04 Apr 2016, 07:20

Hi Nai, and welcome to Apositive! :D
'Glad you think there are some cool kids here - I love it! We need MORE cool kids, and cool old folks, and uncool folks of all kinds - heck . . . send 'em ALL!
There's plenty of room.

But . . . I'm not sure why some parts of the board aren't visible to non-members. In fact, I just found out about it today and I have yet to poke around in the ACP to see if I can find the issue.
(There are some inactive forums left over from when APos was under construction, but nothing of importance ever happens in those.)

The intention here is to be as open and transparent as possible. I'm not a perfect admin, though, and I have been known to occasionally click on the wrong thing. (OOPS!) I will fix it as soon as I can figure it out.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

CatBunny
Established Member

Postby CatBunny » 04 Apr 2016, 14:29

Hey, welcome! I left aven because of the piss poor regulation and the fact people can't seem to understand other people have different opinions outside their own. I got a freaking strike on my account because I literally told someone their views were insane and were extremely dangerous after trying to be nice to them. I realized the person was horribly delusional, claiming everyone was discriminating against them while their description of event told otherwise. It sounded like they were ready to report innocent people to school management due to their crazy claims. A few people were saying that the person was over exaggerating and their description of the event didn't match up. Most lauded what they did encouraging this delusional behavior. I tried to reason with a mod that the strike is pointless and they told me I used fowl demeaning language and I hurt someone's feelings?? I basically told a mod to delete my account because the site was a pain to use. Believe me the whole fiasco was just the tip of the iceberg, I have dealt with so much insanity on that site.

I don't think i'll get banned on this site, it seems like people here actually can disagree or agree without trying to kick someone off.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 04 Apr 2016, 14:49

I haven't banned anybody yet (except for spammers, of course) so you're probably pretty safe.
It would take a LOT to make me get pissed off enough to ban someone. I don't expect everybody to agree with me, so that part's okay, and I have found that people will generally behave like adults if they're treated like adults.
The law of probability says that there must be some exceptions out there, but I haven't met them yet.

Regarding some parts of the site being invisible to non-members?
I can't find anything in the ACP that should be causing that to happen. As far as I can tell, Apositive should be visible to everybody.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Return to “Introductions”