Hillios

Introduce yourself to the community here.
Nøxesis

Hillios

Postby Nøxesis » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Hey there peeples.

I've been looking through the other introductions and think I may be the youngest here...

…You can call me Nox. I'm a thirteen year-old, (mostly) aromantic asexual southern fangirl that likes taking quizzes, surveys, and is both overly mature for her age and very weird. I am a writer (one of those tragic, poetic types that makes you cry). Oh, and my voice is nothing but sarcasm, low tones, and dry humor. I'm also a smart ass. My "-dere" type is Kuudere, if anyone care(s/d).

I once lost the spelling bee because, instead of spelling "condone" I spelled "condom".

I'm not joking.

I seriously did.

Ever since, I've never been able to get back in one. I always misspell the simplest of words.

It's my punishment, I believe (not really)

I also enjoy doing HTML, but that seems rather unimportant. This is literally my very first forum, so tell me if I do anything wrong or something. Any advice is appreciated.

I think I shall be wrapping this up now. If you want to ask me anything else, please do so without hesitation (I have Aspergers so I'm not easily offended, though this goes both ways. I will often state a fact and it comes across as lippy and rude when it's really just me pointing something out. Be warned and please ask before assuming).
~Nox ':|

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Hillios

Postby KAGU143 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi Nox, and welcome to Apositive! :)
You will definitely be our youngest member, but hey - somebody has to play that part, right?
One of the most mature people I ever met online was only 13 when I first met her. I have stayed in touch ever since, and she has only gotten wiser with time.
Are we seriously the very first online forum that you've ever joined? I'm . . . wow. Kind of honored, in a strange way. You're doing fine - I hope that WE don't mess up!

Sorry, but your spelling bee story made me laugh. It seems like an easy enough mistake to make, especially when you're under pressure.
I was supposed to be our school's representative at the Tulsa, OK. city spelling bee, way back in the dark ages, but I never got to compete because we moved to a different state before the event. 'Lost my chance at early fame, I guess, although I probably would have missed a word fairly early. I go blank if too many people are looking at me.
Nowadays, I'm just glad to hear that spelling bees still exist - I was afraid they had gone the way of TVs without remotes!

The only question I can think of is how did you find us and what made you decide to stop by and chat? I'm really happy that you did - just curious, because this site can be pretty slow, and I don't know how well we are promoted by the various search engines since we aren't rich enough to pay them.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Nøxesis

Postby Nøxesis » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Somebody does, indeed.

Yes, you are the very first online forum I've ever joined. And you probably don't need to worry on the messing up front—I'm pretty easy to please, if not easy to bore. Though I'll likely never actually leave/delete my account, as I don't really believe in that (for myself, anyway. It's kind of a challenge that turned into my own law—law, because it goes over rule).

And that's okay, I love making people laugh. I may be full of cynicism, sarcasm, bipolar (and a whole lot of other stuff), possible antisocial disorder, and realistic pessimism, but I love humor
—dry and ironic or not.

And, of course spelling bees still exist! It's the only time I can have faith in this world. Well, that, and writing competitions...

*cough*

I may or may not have lost all faith in humanity right around the time I entered fifth grade.

:whistle:

Mooving right along, I think I forgot to add that I'm a singer. Oops?
Eh. I'm kind of forgetful, despite a 3/4 eidetic memory and IQ of around 130 (last I checked, years and years ago). Not bragging, just adding information.

Oh...um, I can't really remember how I found you...well, hold one, let me look through my search history… I'll be right back…

Oh, I remember now!

Well, it was a process of going through searches and things. I can link them of you would like?
It started with a simple google search of https://www.google.com/search?q=asexual ... k&ie=UTF-8
I was bored, can't you tell?
Then, I clicked on https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/li ... -important Despite having already read this, twice.
That 1/4 of a non-eidetic memory sure is shining through a lot more, isn't it?
Then I briefly took a look http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womeninthewo ... -identity/ And by that, I mean I read all of it and the comments. Did I mention it was 9:22 AM when I began?

Oh CRAP I just realized that that was the wrong day. Oops?
Okay, let me start again.

It was 7:56 AM when a thought hit me. Can an asexual be bisexual?
I had already done a little research on the matter, and what prompted the question was a little "debate" (and here, I use quotations as it was more like me explaining to a bunch of allosexuals what I meant by "bisexual asexual". I actually meant that I'd be biromantic if I wasn't aromantic, but I didn't know at the time that I was actually asexual. Don't ask. I had considered myself first as a joke, then as grey-A, then asexual. Still have my doubts on certain things... Though I've never experienced sexual attraction. Sexual arousal is a different story, though it literally only happens whilst reading smut fanfic. *cough* I've probably said too much... *awkward laugh*.) I probably should have (or shouldn't have, depending upon your point of view) added to my search the word "considered". Even then, I don't think it would be favorable to me or you, as the thing I ended up googling was fairly different. It was... Well... https://www.google.com/search?q=can+an+ ... k&ie=UTF-8
I was going to type "can an asexual be bisexual" but the quick search suggested that, so I went with it because early mornings and no coffee (I may have a dependency, starting at age 3-6 and continuing through now. Don't ask.).

I came upon a Yahoo question as I scrolled through suggestions
(https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 113AA97UVO)

There was an answer on it that led me here.

I've known several asexual people and have the honor of being their friend- I try and learn about people different from myself. One of the things I learn from them is sexuality is fluid as can be so just about ANYTHING is possible. It is quite possible to be gay and romantically attracted to someone of the same sex/gender (or by inverse, straight asexual) and still be asexual and not interested in a sexual relationship. Try checking out http://www.apositive.org and talking to some of the asexuals there. ^^
Source(s):
Personal experience
Aurican H

So I, having decided I was too lazy to go try the search again, but with the correct keyword this time, copy/pasted the link into my search bar and voilà! Instant joinage! (Yeah. I just made that up.)

Well, not exactly. I actually spent some time being skeptical and investigating/observing (especially the ages because people seem to have a thing against 12-13year-olds. I mean, sure, I don't really like my age group and prefer older "kids", but really. Newsflash aforementioned people, you were kids once too), but I always do that.

Wow, that was a lot of time (about three hours). Stupid Kindle.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:08 pm

That's fascinating to me, but I have been told that I'm easily amused. (And then it was implied that that is somehow a BAD thing! Pshaw!) It's really cool to see how you went about your search process. (I can't help but wonder who Aurican is, though.)

To answer your original question: Yes, asexuals can absolutely be bi-romantic, and if you aren't familiar with all of the special asexual terms then it would make perfect sense to think of it as bisexual. Some asexuals, maybe even most (by a small majority), are more or less centrally located on the gender spectrum, not identifying strongly as either male or female gendered.

I know it's a cliche', but that old saying "Opposites Attract" has a lot of truth to it. The stereotypical set of male gender behaviors works perfectly with the stereotypical set of female gender behaviors. Square peg, square hole: easy fit, no problem.

The problem that occurs when people are not polarized to one side or the other is that they have no clear cut opposite. It then becomes a matter of finding a partner who can be complementary in a variety of ways that might be unique to each individual - more like a complex jigsaw puzzle piece that a simple peg and hole.
In a situation like that, the other person's personality and common interests can matter a lot more than their plumbing, especially when it comes to long-term compatibility.

So, after subjecting you to all of this rambling, what I'm trying to say is that being bi-romantic is a perfectly logical solution for quite a few asexuals.
You're in very good company. :)

Nøxesis

Postby Nøxesis » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:23 am

I'm 200% glad to hear it (all of it), especially that I'm in good company.

And I'm happy you found interest in my search process.

Well, with (most of) the introduction over, what should I do now? Should I go to other forum topics and say something, or should I add a topic, or should I do more observation to get the dynamic and idea of what to do down first?

I'm honestly clueless, as, like I said, this is my first online forum. Any help is greatly appreciated.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:27 pm

It's really up to you. The rules for this forum are very lenient and you would have to work at it pretty hard if you wanted to get into trouble.
Generally, though, you can add comments to any thread that interests you, or feel free to start one of your own if you want to explore a particular topic.
With any luck, some of our other members will drop by, too, so you will have more people to interact with besides just me. (Not that I'm not totally awesome, of course . . . *chokes* . . . but, you know what I mean. :) )

Nøxesis

Postby Nøxesis » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:27 am

Sure, I'll do that! Maybe someone else'll come by. :)

And of course you're delightful to talk to! Just... Variety. Variety is key. Especially for something like this.

Anywaaay, I think I'll start my own thread(s), go back to sleep, and see if there are any replies when I wake up.

Feel free to drop by my little corner of the forum (my profile) if you haven't already.
*waves*

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:19 am

Welcome.

Nøxesis

Postby Nøxesis » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:39 am

flergalwit wrote:Welcome.

Thank you!

CatBunny
Established Member

Postby CatBunny » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:38 am

when I was 13 I hated 13 year olds lol You seem mature though.

Spelling bees were hell for me as a kid. My school was too crap to pay for dyslexia diagnosis/tutoring so I got stuck on the same reading level as the kids my age and flopped every spelling bee. Now at 21 struggling to find a diagnosis for a "kid's disorder" haha!

Anyway welcome to apositive! It's smaller than other asexual sites but more friendly.