Banned from AVEN, so I came here

Introduce yourself to the community here.
AgentPleakly

Banned from AVEN, so I came here

Postby AgentPleakly » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:44 pm

So I was banned from AVEN because someone was being a bigoted jackass and I called them on it. Apparently, the mods care more about preserving an asshole's "freedom of speech" and damn anyone who has the gall to object. So much for being an "open and accepting" site.
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil. God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Banned from AVEN, so I came here

Postby KAGU143 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:45 pm

That's a complaint that I hear pretty often around here.

Sorry that happened to you, but welcome to Apositive. :) It's going to seem dead around here compared to AVEN, but you would have to do something horrendous to get banned. In fact, I don't think I've ever banned anybody other than spammers. (No mercy for those cockroaches!) I don't do warnings either.

Hopefully some of your AVEN friends know that you're here? Apos has been a temporary home away from home for some AVENites in the past.
Feel free to rant or grieve or whatever helps.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

TheGuvnorsMoll

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:55 pm

I left Aven a year ago. No regrets.
'The best Government is that which governs least, if at all' - Henry David Thoreau.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:23 am

Can't give precise details but there were good reasons - remember there are two sides to every story.
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

CatBunny
Established Member

Postby CatBunny » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Aven is basically asexual tumblr at this point. Welcome to Apositive, we're a little more open here.

Thrasymachus
Established Member

Postby Thrasymachus » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Well if you were banned from AVEN it means you are possibly well adjusted enough to not fit on with those misfits and outcasts. The place reminds me alot of Reddit/chanboards in that the most toxic people fit in, dominate the internal hierarchy and make the more centered people feel like they don't belong with heckling, surly insults, down-votes, etc.