Hi hi!

Introduce yourself to the community here.
gypsygrrl420

Hi hi!

Postby gypsygrrl420 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:04 am

Hi~
My name is Rai.
I just found this site through AVEN, and as someone who falls under the Ace spectrum (I identify as akoisexual) I am thrilled to finally find a place where I could talk to others like me.
I find myself in an awkward position when it comes to my sexuality, as I work in an adult retail boutique, and having to explain to nosey customers that I'm Ace is tiring after awhile. It's nice to find people who know where I'm coming from.

So yeah, about me.
I'm 37, spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was wrong with me, cause I just didn't get why people get so wrapped up in sex and relationships. Figuring out that I was asexual came from talking to a few fandom friends these past few years. Figuring out exactly WHERE I fell on the spectrum came more recently.
I look forward to chatting with you all in the future!

Rai

apsaf

Re: Hi hi!

Postby apsaf » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:42 am

Hello and welcome.
This place is much quieter than AVEN but I found the conversations very informative here. I'm 40 and found out about asexuality about 10 years ago (I'm BKAce on AVEN).
I can relate somewhat to that awkward feeling of having to explain something that seems contradictory in the environment you're in. Hopefully we'll get to a point where asexuality is visible enough that we don't have to explain anything.

Enjoy exploring the site :)