Hello

Introduce yourself to the community here.
nosos

Hello

Postby nosos » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi,

I'm Mark. I'm a 23 year old PhD student in Sociology at the University of Warwick. In the last year or so I made friends with a couple of asexuals and, since the start of this year, I've been doing interviews and running an online survey about asexual identity. I'm hoping that the sort of approach I'm taking - very much qualitative and trying to understand asexual people in their own terms - will help increase understanding of asexuality.

Anyway I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself before I posted anything else. :)

nosos

Re: Hello

Postby nosos » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:47 pm

I was looking where to post a link to the survey but I really wasn't sure where. Here it is and I apologise if this is the wrong place for it:

http://www.surveymethods.com/EndUser.as ... FEACE2FEF2

Feel free to PM me or post on here if you have questions, would like to more about what I'm doing (motivation, methodology, outcomes, dissemination etc) or you'd like me to e-mail you finished work. :)

Karl
Administrator

Postby Karl » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Welcome to our little site, Mark.

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Hello and welcome.

yam

Postby yam » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:38 pm

Just wanted to say that when I asked nosos questions at AVEN about his study he provided a lot of good info. I hope those of you reading will participate in the study. It's not painful and hopefully we can learn a lot.

Hopefully your survey has had lots of hits already. I hope you'll stay around the asexuality community even after the research is done.