Are there actually any NON-avenites here!?

Introduce yourself to the community here.
flergalwit
Mega Member

Are there actually any NON-avenites here!?

Postby flergalwit » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:01 am

Well quite probably, but not me!

Greetings all! Heteromantic, sex-positive asexual here. As I just mentioned I'm also on AVEN, albeit under a different name. It's not very hard to deduce my real identity, with a little research. :)

I really have no idea why I never joined Apositive till now. I guess I was happy enough on AVEN. I still am for the most part; though I don't get on with everyone there, I have a take-it-or-leave-it attitude. There's enough good material there to keep going back.

Still, having another asexy board with a slilghtly different focus is a great idea - and much needed. I look foward to checking out more of the forums.

Dargon
Mega Member

Re: Are there actually any NON-avenites here!?

Postby Dargon » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:11 am

Hello and welcome.

As for the question posed in the title, former AVENite turned current AVENite turned former again. So by that, it could be said I am a non-AVENite.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 am

Dargon wrote:Hello and welcome.

As for the question posed in the title, former AVENite turned current AVENite turned former again. So by that, it could be said I am a non-AVENite.

hehe, AVEN apostates don't count. Once an AVENite always an AVENite! Whether you know it or not. :)

Thanks for the welcome!

ily

Postby ily » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:40 pm

Welcome! I am indeed an AVENite, but I think Apositive is a very cool place and am forever asking people to post more. Always good to see new folks!

fridayoak

Postby fridayoak » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:57 am

Well I'm not currently on AVEN but like you say, you can never really leave that place, so no doubt I'll be back begging for my account to be re-activated in a few months...maybe.

Anyway welcome to A-Positive whoever you are (I've no idea your name on AVEN and I'm too lazy to do any research).

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:53 am

Thanks Ily and Fridayoak for the welcome!

fridayoak wrote:Anyway welcome to A-Positive whoever you are (I've no idea your name on AVEN and I'm too lazy to do any research).

No doubt I'll give myself away before too long...

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:36 am

OOOOooooo a challenge! I love a challenge!
You would think that I would have an advantage, maybe, in figuring out flergalwit's AVEN identity, bein' as how I have some modly powers over there and stuff, but .... I am as clueless as anybody. Those alleged powers are actually pretty limited. Hmmm .... now I wonder .... ?
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Jicragg
Established Member

Postby Jicragg » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:04 pm

flergalwit wrote:hehe, AVEN apostates don't count. Once an AVENite always an AVENite! Whether you know it or not. :)

Unless you get banned.

But :shhh:

Yes, welcome. :)

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:25 pm

I finally know the answer! *evil laugh*

'Glad to have you here with us at Apositive, ... erm ... flergalwit! :)
Welcome to the quiet side of the street. No cake yet, but a fully stocked bar and snack area is in the plans for the future.

-GB

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:42 pm

fridayoak wrote:Well I'm not currently on AVEN but like you say, you can never really leave that place, so no doubt I'll be back begging for my account to be re-activated in a few months...maybe.

I was AVEN free for near three years before going back for a mere few weeks before leaving again. It ain't that hard.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:35 am

Well done KAGU and thanks for the welcome - also to Jicragg.

Dargon wrote:I was AVEN free for near three years before going back for a mere few weeks before leaving again. It ain't that hard.

Lol, Dargon. You really think not signing in for [...] days (or whatever it is) constitutes leaving AVEN!? If it was THAT easy then anyone could escape!

EDIT: Removed number of days.
Last edited by flergalwit on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:07 am

That's okay, Dargon.
*pat pat*

It's called a relapse. It can happen to anybody and it's nothing to be ashamed of. 'Just part of the process of escaping an addiction.
*cough* Not that I would know. *cough*

fridayoak

Postby fridayoak » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:23 am

Dargon wrote:
fridayoak wrote:Well I'm not currently on AVEN but like you say, you can never really leave that place, so no doubt I'll be back begging for my account to be re-activated in a few months...maybe.

I was AVEN free for near three years before going back for a mere few weeks before leaving again. It ain't that hard.

I don't even think it's been 3 weeks for me yet...But actually I'm not missing AVEN at all, it's more that I know AVEN is missing me, so I may go back at some point to raise the standard of that place. I think AVEN's bad points massively outweight it's good ones right now so I do worry about how potential new members and people on the outside view it (and thus asexuality). But hopefully by the time I return whatever problems it has behind the scene's have been sorted cos I know a fair few people who don't wanna post there anymore because of certain reasons.

Anyway flergalwit, for some reason I wanna have a punt on you being P's bird? I'll put a tenner on but I'd want odds of at least 4-1.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:43 am

fridayoak wrote:Well I'm not currently on AVEN but like you say, you can never really leave that place, Anyway flergalwit, for some reason I wanna have a punt on you being P's bird? I'll put a tenner on but I'd want odds of at least 4-1.

All right.... you're on! You may PM me your billing details. :)

BTW it just occurred to me that the number of days since last login is not viewable unless you have an AVEN account; so, though it seems like a small and insignificant point, I edited that info out of my earlier post. Apologies to Dargon.

fridayoak

Postby fridayoak » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:43 am

I was about to say it might be Sammi, she'd love getting one over on me what with me winding her up so much on saturday. I better stop guessing before it completely consumes me. Before that I was gonna suggest Zanzibal but realised it couldn't be her cos something in the OP ruled her out.

*Then I actually did some research and I know who it is now! haha, I knew I recognised your style of writing, I must have replied to a fair few dozen of your posts on AVEN! But your name threw me off-track and I would have been potless by the end of the night - you done me up like a kipper, I'll give you that one!

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:14 am

I was going to say to flergalwit, I know a BUNCH of Aggie jokes! I lived in Houston for 20 years so there was no way to escape from hearing them.
I will be merciful and use a short one as an example:
Did you hear the one about the Aggie who got his tractor stuck in reverse and accidentally un-plowed 24 acres before he could get it to shut off?

I'll bet that Dargon knows quite a few of them, too.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:17 am

fridayoak wrote:*Then I actually did some research

DOH! And I was gonna have such fun!

"...
And I've got a message to give to you.
Here come the planes."

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:22 am

KAGU143 wrote:I was going to say to flergalwit, I know a BUNCH of Aggie jokes! I lived in Houston for 20 years so there was no way to escape from hearing them.

HANG ON!!! Was that a lucky guess or did I say I visited Texas A&M recently? I certainly mentioned something less specific on AVEN but I don't remember saying anything about Aggieland...

**flerg's turn to be flummoxed**

ivan

Postby ivan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Well i guess i am a non-Avenite as of now because i was banned from freakin aven.
so yes i am a non avenite on this site.
Hallo

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:13 pm

LOL!! I have flummoxed a flerg! I am so insufferably proud of myself now! *giggles*
(confession time, cuz I cannot tell a lie: I gave in and invoked some of my seekrit adminly powahs. Not to worry - I won't tell!)

And HEY, There's Ivan! (I knew you were around here someplace!)
Welcome to Apositive!
It's harder to get banned from Apositive than it is from AVEN since you only have to worry about me and a small moderator's team and we are normally pretty tolerant and laid back. Kæth might also pop in on occasion, just to stir things up, but he's pretty cool, too. Dargon, Ily, Noskcaj Llahsram, Kæth, and I. We are the entire team. Karl is theoretically able to come in if he wants to, but it would be quite surprising to me if he did.

Just try to keep things reasonably clean and civil and you should be fine. I am more likely to edit a post that bothers me, and then to PM you with the reason why, than I am to ban you. That's just my personal style based on what I would prefer if our positions were reversed.
I am also one of the admods at AVEN (in case maybe you didn't know that) and when I am on the job over there I follow their rules, but the rules are different here.

I know that you have some friends over at AVEN who are wondering what happened to you. Maybe they will find their way over here? They will always be welcome.

(I had to edit this because I had a brain fart and forgot to mention two of my faithful, long-time moderators. Sorreeeez to my peeps. :oops: )

fridayoak

Postby fridayoak » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:03 pm

flergalwit wrote:

"...
Here come the planes."

..They're American planes. Made in America" (I still haven't checked out her other albums yet so this serves as a timely reminder).

edit- oh and welcome Ivan too.

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:38 pm

flergalwit wrote:Lol, Dargon. You really think not signing in for [...] days (or whatever it is) constitutes leaving AVEN!? If it was THAT easy then anyone could escape!

EDIT: Removed number of days.

There's quite a difference between simply not signing in and not posting or even visiting anonymously.

fridayoak wrote:I don't even think it's been 3 weeks for me yet...But actually I'm not missing AVEN at all, it's more that I know AVEN is missing me, so I may go back at some point to raise the standard of that place. I think AVEN's bad points massively outweight it's good ones right now so I do worry about how potential new members and people on the outside view it (and thus asexuality). But hopefully by the time I return whatever problems it has behind the scene's have been sorted cos I know a fair few people who don't wanna post there anymore because of certain reasons.

Actually right now it is in much better shape than it was in late 2007, which makes me somewhat happy. Still not worth the stress in my opinion.

KAGU143 wrote:I was going to say to flergalwit, I know a BUNCH of Aggie jokes!...
I'll bet that Dargon knows quite a few of them, too.

I spent four years and wasted quite a bit of money attending that scam (I'm not bitter). It's safe to say I know a few. Funny enough, I work in College Station 2 days a week now.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:30 pm

fridayoak wrote:
flergalwit wrote:

"...
Here come the planes."

..They're American planes. Made in America" (I still haven't checked out her other albums yet so this serves as a timely reminder).

The actual point was my "...". But unfortunately it no longer applies, thanks to your d*mn research!

But yeah, definitely check out Strange Angels!

P is for...

Postby P is for... » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:13 am

fridayoak wrote:Anyway flergalwit, for some reason I wanna have a punt on you being P's bird? I'll put a tenner on but I'd want odds of at least 4-1.

if that's the case, P would be extremely interested to find out. however, P very much doubts it.

(oh, but welcome, flergalwit, whoever you are.)

fridayoak

Postby fridayoak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:34 pm

P is for... wrote:
fridayoak wrote:Anyway flergalwit, for some reason I wanna have a punt on you being P's bird? I'll put a tenner on but I'd want odds of at least 4-1.

if that's the case, P would be extremely interested to find out. however, P very much doubts it.

Oh no I was well-off on that one (I'll stick to betting on tennis and football from now on).

And P you can't work out who flergalwit is? And I thought you were one of the smart ones...

P is for...

Postby P is for... » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:50 pm

fridayoak wrote:
P is for... wrote:

Oh no I was well-off on that one (I'll stick to betting on tennis and football from now on).

And P you can't work out who flergalwit is? And I thought you were one of the smart ones...

erm... a little embarrassing, actually... i hadn't read every post. i do know now. sorry, "flergalwit". heh.