new

Introduce yourself to the community here.
Danielle

new

Postby Danielle » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:57 am

Hi

I'm Danielle, a 42 year Belgian woman. At the age of 40 I discovered I'm in fact asexual and aromantic. I have always known I was diffent, but not different in the sense of being gay or bisexual.

I work as a secretarial aid for a gay organization and my collegues and some of our volunteers know I'm asexual. In fact quite some people at our organization helped me to come to terms with my asexuality.
Always be who you are, and say what you feel, because people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: new

Postby KAGU143 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi Danielle, and welcome to Apositive!
It's really great that you have collegues who have been supportive of you being asexual. It makes a lot of differnce when you can have real life people who are willing to acccept you as you are, without being judgemental.

Just curious .... are you a Saggitarian?
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Danielle

Postby Danielle » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:13 am

Hi Nancy

I realize very well that I'm fortunate for being able to have real life people who accept me for what I am. It sure makes a difference. Especially as I first didn't really felt at ease at AVEN with people saying they hate sex; something I can't identify with. And at some point I thought it was an American thing: the hating of sex and the nothing wanting to talk about it. Thanks to Facebook I found some aces who are more like me which is nice and also an eyeopener. Just like this site.

It's only since a few years that I surrounded by sexuals who talk in a mature way about sex and sexuality and who don't think in black and white, like most sexuals. As my collegues know I'm asexual, I don't go quiet anymore when the subject of sex and sexuality comes up. And I do share my thoughts on this subject, although they are of course very different from theirs. But at least I know now why I can't relate. And it isn't because one can't relate on a personal level that one can't have an opinion 8)

And yes, I'm a Saggitarius :halo:
Always be who you are, and say what you feel, because people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Hello and welcome. Hope you like it here and I look forward to you posting.

ily

Postby ily » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Welcome! :dance: