old guy coming back

Introduce yourself to the community here.
michaels

old guy coming back

Postby michaels » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:15 am

Hi. This is actually Michael Smoker, but because I couldn't log on for some reason, I created a new account. I know that violates the TOS but perhaps Nancy can forgive me. If worse comes to worst, Nancy, you can email my old user ID and password to my other email address.

Since disappearing from here I've mostly been loafing around, and lately I've been passing the time by playing online poker. That's an ugly thing for Americans to do as of yesterday, when the DOJ came down on some poker sites like a ton of bricks, but luckily I'm Canadian and only my regular opponents are affected.

Would be glad to hear from all of the regulars and see what you've been up to lately.

Michael

Dargon
Mega Member

Re: old guy coming back

Postby Dargon » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:53 am

Hello and welcome back, Michael.

I saw the news about the poker thing the other day. I suppose technically it is illegal, though I find the illegality bothersome. Apparently running an online poker site is bank fraud, but moving around money in order to make money from nothing isn't.

Me, I've mostly been up to school and work, and that's about it.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:41 am

Welcome back, Michael.
I don't know what's up with your other account. I haven't bothered it. For security and privacy reasons I can't actually see your password, but I believe that I can change it to a new one and then send you the info. Would you like for me to do that?
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

michaels

Postby michaels » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:13 am

KAGU143 wrote:Welcome back, Michael.
I don't know what's up with your other account. I haven't bothered it. For security and privacy reasons I can't actually see your password, but I believe that I can change it to a new one and then send you the info. Would you like for me to do that?

I've thought about it, and maybe it's better if you just delete the other account (or close it if you don't do deletions) and let me use this one. Alternatively, you could just leave the other account unchanged and I can ignore it.

May i ask what happened to Nancy? If it's a sensitive question, I apologize.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:43 am

Hmmm ...?
Well, no it's not a sensitive question. I'm still here, pretending like I know how to run a message board. :scratch: :halo:

Were you wondering about anything in particular?
I finally resigned from admod-dom at AVEN after serving for (I think) about 6 years, so I have been able to spend a lot more time doing real-life stuff. That translates into a lot less time being spent online.
I think it is going to take several years for me to catch up on my neglected yardwork. Oy ... I wish that were an exageration, but it isn't. :roll:
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

michaels

Postby michaels » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:59 am

Oh, sorry, I confused KAGU with KAW and thought your husband had taken over. I sent you a couple of emails (including one indicating an email address change) but never got a reply.

In terms of yardwork, I'm glad I don't own a house. ;)