so I'm new and stuff

Introduce yourself to the community here.
all_my_fish

so I'm new and stuff

Postby all_my_fish » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:25 pm

Hey, y'all. New to the board, not so new to being asexual (known for a few years now.) A straight friend of mine was recently bemoaning the fact that the majority of her close friends fell somewhere in LGBTQIABBQ and that she needed more straight friends. Which made me realize that I should find asexual friends! The internet seemed like the best place to look and here I am now.

So! I'm an undergrad going to a state university in my home city, mainly to avoid accruing lots of debt. I'm an English major with minors in Education and Asian Studies. I want to teach, want to teach anything at all, really. Getting some practice this term as a teacher's aid. School keeps me pretty busy, but in my spare time I bake, collect comics, and sleep. I used to write a lot too, but I've had less time for it in the last few years, not to mention I started taking anti-depressants and they seemed to suck up all my creativity. Much as I miss poetry, there's no way I'm dropping the meds, at least not yet.

I've identified as asexual since I was sixteen, but I didn't really have a name for it until I was eighteen. I also identify as gender neutral, but this has less bearing on my day-to-day. No idea if I'm aromantic or not yet. I've never had so much as a crush on anyone, but I suppose the possibility is out there.

All that said, I look forward to meeting everyone here!

cuttlefish

Re: so I'm new and stuff

Postby cuttlefish » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:09 pm

Welcome all_my_fish! I'm really new here as well, but I'm sure the regulars will be around soon to welcome you too. :)
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:25 am

Hello and welcome.

The state school thing, I wish I had done something like that rather than get suckered into a big four-year research university. Debt sucks.

And huzzah for teachers. We don't have enough good teachers, so good on you for going for that.

In any case, I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Well, I'm not a regular but I'd like to add my welcome to the others. It's a really friendly place so I hope you'll soon feel at home.
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali