Y HALO THAR

Introduce yourself to the community here.
Lich

Y HALO THAR

Postby Lich » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:22 am

Hey everybody! Some of you may know me from AVEN. My handle on that forum was delirium. At one point in time, I shared an opinion I had only thought briefly on, and it wasn't very popular. Something along the lines of how romanticism in asexuality is nothing more than an excuse for sexual feelings towards another person, and that I felt it was vain to claim otherwise. Now, such isn't the case these days. I do not maintain that opinion anymore, yet coming here is a response to the admod team on that forum not giving me an opportunity to show that I wouldn't be disruptive as I had in the past(which led to being banned in the first place).

Not to worry though! I do not view this forum or community as a substitute for AVEN. I am sure that we'll(you all being the community and I) at the very least be able to have a few decent conversations on issues facing the asexual community and so on. Now, for a little background for those who don't know me? I work retail full-time. I'm 23 years old. As to what gender I am, it's difficult to say. I once thought I was transsexual, but I'm not exactly feeling that anymore. I don't feel male or female either. I don't know. It's odd. I've been struggling with gender identity for awhile, and of course I'm not sexually attracted to anyone or anything, nor am I romantically interested in anything or any gender, or what have you.

I play video games when I'm not at work. I read comics, mostly DC Comics, as Marvel Comics shills nothing but overpriced garbage out these days. I'm a huge science-fiction/high fantasy geek. I've dabbled in Dungeons & Dragons. I'm currently obsessed with the latest Elder Scrolls release, Skyrim. And that about sums it up. I'd talk more, but I took an arrow to the knee. NICE TO MEET EVERYONE. Please be gentle.

michaels

Re: Y HALO THAR

Postby michaels » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi,

It's nice to have a fellow aromantic asexual here, so welcome.

There has been no rigorous research done on the difference between romantic need and sexual attraction, so anyone who expresses an opinion on the subject is expressing just that, a totally subjective opinion. Nearly all opinions on asexuality are in the same realm as discussion of spectator sports (or spectator politics) because of the total absence of hard science on the subject. So I'm going to be ornery and not say whether or not I agree that romantic attraction and sexual need are the same thing. :) What would be the use of agreeing or disagreeing with you when we're both being totally subjective? It's not as if I'm going to tell you to live your life differently because of my beliefs, or (I hope) that you're going to want to change my life because of yours.

But at the very least, on Aposiive, you're not going to get yourself banned for expressing an unpopular opinion. So feel free to say whatever you feel like saying!

Enjoy your time here.

P.S.: What's your favorite edition of D&D? I first learned to play 2nd ed AD&D and old habits die hard.

P.S. 2: I haven't read a comic in about 30 years, but always had a soft spot for the Silver Surfer.

Lich

Postby Lich » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:43 pm

michaels wrote:P.S.: What's your favorite edition of D&D? I first learned to play 2nd ed AD&D and old habits die hard.

P.S. 2: I haven't read a comic in about 30 years, but always had a soft spot for the Silver Surfer.

The Silver Surfer is taking a break at the moment, some Christian pastor is now serving as the herald of Galactus, hilarious really. D &D 3.0 for me.

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Hello and welcome.

Lich

Postby Lich » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:20 am

Wow, so, on an unrelated note, the pompous jerk known to some as Bipolar Bear complained to the AVEN website chat that he had to have an unpleasant conversation with someone right after I left the AVEN chat when he told me they wouldn't overturn the ban from a few months back. What kind of nonsense is that? Ugh, why did I even bother with that pseudo-bureaucratic cesspool?

michaels

Postby michaels » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:20 am

My recommendation is to cast AVEN off like a torn dirty shirt intended for cutting up into rags. If the place wasn't good for you, don't think about it any more.

As for this Christian pastor who's now the herald of Galacticus (sp?), does he have a superpower? If he doesn't then seems to me like he'd be in bad company.

Lich

Postby Lich » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:25 pm

Well, he was endowed with the power cosmic as befitting the herald of Galactus. As Silver Surfer had no powers before becoming his herald.