hello!

Introduce yourself to the community here.
KeKa

hello!

Postby KeKa » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:45 am

Hi!!!!
I'm a 24 y.o girl from Poland, I'm interested in UFO, new age, history, gender studies, music, languages and travelling. I can speak English, Croatian and Polish of course :)

michaels

Re: hello!

Postby michaels » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:32 am

Welcome to Apositive. In case there's a laguage barrier, this website is for people who are NOT interested in sex. :)

Enjoy your time on this site.

FalconEagle
Established Member

Postby FalconEagle » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Witam Cię

In case there's a laguage barrier, this website is for people who are NOT interested in sex. :)

I'll ignore the language barrier, and I'll inform you that the accepted definition of asexuality is ''lack of sexual attraction''. Just try to keep in mind, ''not interested in sex'' does not necessarily equate to asexuality.

michaels

Postby michaels » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:08 am

Hi, KeKa,

Some people see themselves as the Gatekeepers of Orthodoxy, while others among us are less dogmatic in our approach to things. The definition of asexuality is very fluid and not scientifically established and anyone who tells you there is only one "proper" definition is not standing on very firm ground.

It is my belief that, while there are many reasons for not being interested in sex, lack of interest in sex is fundamental to asexuality. I'm just as entitled to hold that opinion as others are to disagree with it.

FalconEagle
Established Member

Postby FalconEagle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:03 am

I think we can agree that the definition of asexuality is not ''a person who isn't interested in sex''.

Find me the accepted and established source that says so. (note: Sites such as TheFreeDictionary don't count as they couldn't be more wrong if they tried) :D

Going by your post, I would not be asexual myself, as I do show an interest in sex. Yet, I don't experience sexual attraction. Following the most widely accepted definition of asexuality, I am still an asexual.

(And it depends what we mean by ''showing an interest in sex''. You know, considering that Apositive is one of those sites that's dedicated to discussing sex.........I'd call that ''showing an interest in sex'' personally, but y'know, we are entitled to our opinions).

Oh sorry, I took it off-topic/

Again, Welcome! Have you checked in over at AVEN yet?

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:24 am

Sometimes I am strongly tempted to knock some heads together. 'Just saying ......

Let's not argue about definitions, okay? Just for the record: asexuals can be, and often are, extremely interested in sex, and for a wide variety of reasons.
Also, this website is for everybody who is interested in asexuality - for any reason whatsoever.
Actually being asexual is not a requirement for membership at Apositive.

KeKa, Welcome to Apositive! :D
I hope that you decide to stay with us.

As you can see, the members here don't always agree with each other, but I don't like to censor minority opinions so I allow some rather heated discussions from time to time.
(Heck .. who am I kidding? I have taken part in a few of them myself! :D)
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:53 am

michaels wrote: I'm just as entitled to hold that opinion as others are to disagree with it.

You are of course entitled to your opinions Michaels....but lambasting a new member in the welcome/introductions section about what is and what isn't an asexual is hardly welcoming michaels even more so when they didn't ask for the definition but all they said was Hi

and you have just done what you accuse others of doing(but they never do)..being rude to newbies

Keka..as you can see like every forum we, have our own nobfart in Michaels :lol:

I hope that hasn't put you off because your are very welcome :clap:

Polish?, good to see some new members and from new places..again..your very much welcome