Trolling? Please, you don't know what trolling is.

Introduce yourself to the community here.
Blinky

Trolling? Please, you don't know what trolling is.

Postby Blinky » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:05 am

Hi hi. I've been banned from AVEN (mostly I still have one account there that they don't know about).
Of course I've been banned for.... TROLLING!
How did I "troll" might you be asking? By presenting sincere ideas that may not go along with the consensus of the avenite's hive mind.
And then of course when I made a post on my own blog complaining about the unfairness of the blatant favoritism and bigotry that goes on there I was perma banned.

to see the blog just check it out here:
http://bloodhornthedestroyer.blogspot.c ... orums.html

Disjointed

Re: Trolling? Please, you don't know what trolling is.

Postby Disjointed » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:14 am

Aven is what it is..it is mostly light hearts who claim to be the vanguard of freedom but in truth they only want their opinion to count and no one elses so hit the report button

For a forum apparently for welcoming all..it censors a lot of people by warnings and bannings ...one of the highest amount of bans,nudges and warnings of any other site I've ever used...hardly welcome all but more..welcome sheep...you can have an opinion as long as it isn't yours :lol:

I always think of Evelyn Beatrice Hall when I think of most of avens members and despite it regulary being wrongly attributed to Voltaire she said....."I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"......there are only a few in aven that suit that honesty but thankfully they still are there and a very important small few they are.....for most it will be ...I am right so ner and your not entitled to a view different to mine : :lol:

Thankfully some have found a way not to be a sheep within those restrictive rules..you it appears as was I..was unsuccessful at that :silence:

As a front page it succeeds in the message of what an asexual is....go into the forums and you see more of a restrictive and a very narrative social forum

as for secondary accounts..most have them particulary some of the mods so they can lash out/provoke a situation to then make out they are only acting on a situation when they come in in thier mod/admin role....a bit like a fireman lighting fires....breachzilla and one particular admin...hiya :D :clap:

Beyond that..it is just another forum that claims to be for one group but rarely is...the internet is full of them..hey ho...i wouldn't get your knickers in a twist about it too much...welcome if you stay

Blinky

Postby Blinky » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:23 am

Thanks. It wouldn't surprise me if they did try to provoke people like that. As I pointed out in my blog they clearly have favorites. Nogitsune is the one of the most bigoted people I've ever met yet they NEVER warn her, it wouldn't surprise me if she was a mod's sockpuppet or if she would become a mod herself.

Edit:

Actually it would make more sense for "Sally" to be ithaca's sockpuppet.
Last edited by Blinky on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:28 am

Hey Blinky!
Welcome to Apositive! I think you'll find things to be a lot more laid back around here, plus - it's perfectly okay to have an unpopular opinion.
Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. :)
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Blinky

Postby Blinky » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:38 am

Thank you! ^_^

Disjointed

Postby Disjointed » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:44 am

Your Welcome ...although in the spirit of Evelyn Beatrice Hall I would have to disagree with some of your points.

Like yourself I am banned from Aven but had been a member on and off since 2008..Although one or two pull the racist card out of their arse quicker than a black thief being caught red handed...I have never found the site inherently racist...more like one or two political correct knob cheeses giving that impression

Anti White? Again probably a few of the same knob cheeses as again colour rarely has played a part of aven as apart from the hotbox colour rarely gets a mention other than in a an equal way

Anti American then? Always going to be some banter between the euros and the yankees but...Aven is American owned, American tech, and mostly American mods and members...true some of them fit the stereo type lol but in general if there is a fallout it is rarely on colour, race or sex. Not saying it doesn't happen..bound to from time to time but mostly those are not the fall out topics...you probably have determined views on those as may one or two others...it's life..in regards to the names you mentioned most are to new for me but Sally has always been a good debater and I've known internet wise for some time as a good egg

I would agree that it is largely a anti parent, anti religion and sometimes bordering on the anti sexual type forum on a lot of occasions and probably the best examply of what an asexual ISN'T.......but again all forums have their styles and quirks

I had to look up some of your sayings...I thought Misandry and mysoginist were rappers haha

I will agree with you that it does kid itself it is more open than it actually is and others opinions if thought provoking are welcome...but then so is life

how many people do you know that say..hey I can take it, just tell me the truth I'd rather people be truthfull to my face...you then tell them they are a c_nt and they suddenly turn on you as if it was a shock lol

Anyway I digress...is that a rapper too? I babble on a bit you know

ps they deleted the thread that was in your link so it don't woek no more

helloooo Nancy
Last edited by Disjointed on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blinky

Postby Blinky » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:19 am

It doesn't surprise me that they would delete the thread. I had asked what people thought of the caste system in India and their response was something like "Oh let's just bash on the people from India since you think they're such crude savages from the other side of the globe and totally ignore all American problems... like racist people like you" which got at least 8 "likes" from various members of The Self Righteous Brigade.

Disjointed

Postby Disjointed » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 am

The ignorance of those that throw the term about without knowing is context is normally a sign of the objector.

The cast system cannot be racist as it is operated by the same race and by different tiers of class within it. If anything it is extremely predjudiciary and discriminatory but cannot be called racist

Anyway

Why not start up a discussion in the general discussions section?

Blinky

Postby Blinky » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:41 pm

Well they were saying I was being racist for bringing up the unfairness of the caste system.

I made a post in the general discussion area about gender. :)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=923

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Hiii. Are you sure you were banned for those specific reasons because I know you were banned over a year ago and everyone thought you were PiF which is funny. I too have been accused of being PiF which is funny cause he's a 200 year old mummified dude from Greenland and I'm a 22 year old female from England.

I was controversial opinions personafied until I got quasibanned. (6 months). 1/6 warned (at least, maybe 2 I forget) were for insulting Nogitsune. Deliberately. Because every time I read one of her posts, I feel like pulling my teeth out with pliers. Calling her out on her "studies" that she quoted was particularly entertaining because she only had access to the Abstract of the research papers (I can access the whole thing on my universities network) all of them had major methological issues.

I don't think admods sock. I do believe than on occassion I was being deliberately provoked by one or two but hey, no one will believe me about that. Just like nobody gave a toss recently when I tried doing them a favour and I got a kick in the teeth in response. I definitely don't believe Ithaca has a sock. I find her a very confusing person, it caused me to lash out at her. Being nicey nicey in one place and a bit of a dick elsewhere. It's difficult enough understanding behaviour, motivations and intentions without that. I feel she may to some extent be power hungry BUT I think she believes her intentions to be good.

AVEN pisses me off. But SJW's piss me off so much more.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

Blinky

Postby Blinky » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:01 pm

I don't even know who PiF is. Nogitsune is one of the most annoying people I've ever seen not get banned on the internet. And of course ithaca thinks she's good whether she is or not. The only people who think they're not good have self-esteem issues.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:53 pm

From what little I have read of that one gal's post, I would say she has an extreme fear of men. She will pull out any statitstics available to prove her point that she should be fearful. She also seems to carry around an -ism detector and will zero in on all posts that set off the meter (even if totally irrelevant). The talk about oppression, privilege, power are part of the language used in victim-speak. The men are making her the victim (in her own mind) -- not her anxiety and fearfulness (or so she thinks).

But aren't we as asexuals supposed to feel victims in this "sexual world"? Isn't that why there is a call for more education, more understanding, more recognition, more acceptance? Aren't we supposed to feel oppressed and marginalized and erased? Unless we view this as a major problem, are we likely to donate money to have documentaries made, travel to national LGBT conferences and pride parades, pamphlets, banners, etc.? Those all cost. My point is that there may be method to the madness in encouraging this victim-speak, which might explain why some of those headache-inducing posters are allowed to stick around.

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:19 pm

I would be extremely disturbed if every asexual began claiming oppression.

If you feel oppressed by men, you need to be more assertive.

jmb
Established Member

Postby jmb » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Ciri wrote:If you feel oppressed by men, you need to be more assertive.

So what you're saying is male oppression exists because women aren't assertive enough.

8| Wow 8|
"He won't be your assistant" - Greg Lestrade
"But I need an audience" - What Sherlock Holmes meant to say.

Blinky

Postby Blinky » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:10 pm

I've kind of got to agree with Ciri.

Though I kind of believe that women LIKE playing the victim card.

This isn't to say that women aren't out there who are genuinely abused but there seem to be many who want to scapegoat men for all the problems in the world and take no responsibility for their own actions.

Disjointed

Postby Disjointed » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:07 am

Ciri wrote:Hiii. Are you sure you were banned for those specific reasons because I know you were banned over a year ago and everyone thought you were PiF which is funny. I too have been accused of being PiF which is funny cause he's a 200 year old mummified dude from Greenland and I'm a 22 year old female from England. .

Hey hey hey hey :lol:

I've lost count of the amount of emails I've had asking.." is this person you?" it would seem easier to say it is a PiF account than admit they have a lot more people with open views than they care to admit too or would like

On the subject..of course some women play a two benefit card as do some ethnic people etc..you will always have groups who do not get their own way and claim it's because they are .....(insert group) mostly this isn't a large group but but a small minoruty because those same people are very vocal it seems a lot do it

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:20 pm

jmb wrote:
Ciri wrote:If you feel oppressed by men, you need to be more assertive.

So what you're saying is male oppression exists because women aren't assertive enough.

8| Wow 8|

Hell will freeze over the day I let myself be oppressed by man, woman or situation. I make my voice heard, I work hard and earn the respect I deserve based on my performance and as one sexist man found out at my work place, I can and will shoot down any expectation that I am inferior.

At the same time, it is wrong to believe women are superior to men. It's wrong to automatically believe the man hit the woman and the man in lying in domestic violence cases where they accuse each other.

Everyone needs to stop using what they believe makes then inferior as a way to get what they want. When I was 16, a black bus driver assaulted me and kicked me off the bus in the middle of the rough area of my town after dark (nothing dodgy, I was making my way back from college). I took it to the police and they returned to arrest me for "racial abuse" and not paying my bus fare (funny I could produce the £500 yearly bus pass my parents bought me on request). I denied everything of course (my only crime was maybe listening to my ipod too loud, bus was empty) Coincidentally CCTV wasn't working, otherwise they would have seen the bus driver was a lying turd and I was telling the truth. Both charges were dropped because it was my word against his and vice versa. Pulled the race card, I get treated like a criminal, fantruckingtastic.

---

Disjointed, you are blatantly my sock. All my socks. Can't have one without another.