Relationships with exe's?

General discussion about relationship issues.
PiF
Apositive Star

Relationships with exe's?

Postby PiF » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:47 am

I wonder just how many have a friendship with ex partners?

Also some may ? have had a relationship that failed due to their asexuality..have you remained friends after it failed?

Myself, almost all my relationships when they have failed have had nothing to do with my asexuality but more the conventional issues of love, no longer compatible, work, money, women thinking the remote is something they are allowed etc :lol:

But with many, I have remained friends wether it be ex marriage, ex long term relationship, ex short term relationship

So I suppose the question I'm asking is..if you have broken up, was asexuality partly/wholly/not responsible...also if you have stayed friends afterwards...do you think being asexual made that friendship more likely than if you had been sexual?

Tanwen
Mega Member

Re: Relationships with exe's?

Postby Tanwen » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:48 am

Mine is dead - so no relationship...friendly or otherwise
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Mine is still around and we're on friendly enough terms, I suppose, although I don't see much of him and don't really want to.

I don't know if asexuality was a factor or not. Maybe?
He would say one thing to me and something completely different to other people.
Meh ... I could go into more detail but that would require thinking about him and I'd rather not taint the rest of this pretty day.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:33 pm

I don't have relationships with windows executable files, no, unless running them is a relationship i suppose. I also don't have any relationships with ex-romantic partners as I don't have any ex-romantic partners...

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:15 pm

A few things that have stood out for me ...I have lost a few ex partners friendships ....due to their new partners feeling uncomfortable and insecure with me still being friends with my ex and their current

No matter how often or how well informed, some people just do not believe asexuality exists and so see me as an ex who is trying to get back with their current partner. Even when I have an ex wife, an ex girlfriend and a current girlfriend all going out on a girly night out together it can still cause insecurity with ex partners new partner.

I've tried to allay their fears by going out for a beer with their new partners and explaining asexuality and why I'm not sexually attracted to their new partners but some it seems can't relate at all.

Michael...I've found you a future ex and have her match.com page ..here are a few pictures of her https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=windo ... kDBg&dpr=1

Caliguy35

Postby Caliguy35 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:18 pm

A friend once told me.. Screw ex's .. run from them. You can never be friends with them. You can try but it will not work out. My last ex and I could never be friends... Just because it would seem that I am leading her on..

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:42 pm

I am on cordial terms with my ex, but that's it.
I don't particularly consider him to be a friend. I don't dislike him, it's just ... meh.

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:15 am

I blocked mine on facebook, deleted his number and haven't spoken to him since Aug 2012 after he threatened to kill me.

Good riddance.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

Caliguy35

Postby Caliguy35 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:55 am

Omg how scary @ciri..

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:01 am

I normally just threaten to go out with them again...that frightens most away :D

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Now that's just mean, PiF.
And Ciri? Yipes!

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:50 pm

It worked :lol:

SpanishDuchess

Postby SpanishDuchess » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:54 am

Friendship often ends in love. But love in friendship; never.
Betrayal is the only truth that sticks. ~Arthur Miller

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Hmm ... I would have to disagree with that.
I've had a few very intense loving relationships that ended, but after some time passed they became reasonably stable friendships.
All but one of them were relationships without sex, though, and that might have been a factor.

littleheartsofjoy

Postby littleheartsofjoy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:26 pm

I'm only friends with one of my exs. The rest of them, no way. That ex is an exception because they are a great person, and even before we had any kind of relationship/feelings, I saw that in them instantly.
Please call me littlehearts.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:07 am

Certianly for some exes of mine, staying in touch and explaining my asexuality has helped them to move on as well.... as often sexual partners do have some level of "was it me instead of him"?

Spider

Postby Spider » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:00 pm

I am friends with only one ex, and ...friendly to two others. I tend to end up either "crushing hearts" or "not loving enough". Basically receiving romance makes me feel highly uncomfortable, but despite telling people they still do it so ...it's hard to tell them i'm leaving because you do too much for me ... like i still don't know how to word that right! As for the other... well that was mainly from pigs so screw em!

The one I am friends with, we ended mutually because he found out her was just full on gay, not bi. One friendly one is the first person i ever dated... but I changed so much more than I though so he just annoys me now. The other is a recent ex. ,,,I'm friendly to her because I don't know how to be blunt with people. She still wants me back so it trying so hard to be friendly and actively helpful ... while I'm just.... you really don't get lithromantic do you? -sigh-

It's weird yelling at people for doing to much for you. Experimentally when it's relatively not much compared to the norm. But yeah, my exes hate my guts because to them I just left em out of the blue despite my warnings, but the past is in the past.

Saintest

Postby Saintest » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:09 am

I think there is no way to be friends, after that!!!