Why people want alphas.

General discussion about relationship issues.
Caliguy35

Why people want alphas.

Postby Caliguy35 » 07 Sep 2015, 14:20

Why do people feel sorry for beta people. I do not understand why people would want to change you into an alpha. The other night I was chatting with a random person. The person messaged me and told me that I did not have to be that way. That I could change. The thing is that I DO NOT want to change.. What is wrong with being beta? Most people think that beta people do not have back bones.

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Why people want alphas.

Postby KAGU143 » 07 Sep 2015, 14:47

Do you mean the personality types? Like type A or type B?

I consider myself to be primarily a type B, as far as that kind of category is concerned, but I can out-stubborn almost anybody if I decide that it's worth the effort.

If it means something else then I will just sit here trying not to look too silly.

:P
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Caliguy35

Postby Caliguy35 » 07 Sep 2015, 14:55

It is a personality I believe.

Beta = mean s a weaker personality/ feminine/ clingy/ emotional, Someone who love cleaning and cooking among other things.
That is who I am.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 07 Sep 2015, 15:27

Ahh .. okay.
I've heard of alpha males, of course, but mainly as it applies to zoology. They're the ones that fight more and don't tend to live as long as beta males. They may leave more descendants but they pay a very high price for that benefit . . . if it's a benefit.

Maybe there is some sort of correlation between type A personalities and alpha males. Both kinds tend to be very domineering and assertive.
The As will be out showing off and strutting around while the Bs are behind the scenes, getting the job done.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Caliguy35

Postby Caliguy35 » 07 Sep 2015, 15:30

KAGU143 wrote:Ahh .. okay.
I've heard of alpha males, of course, but mainly as it applies to zoology. They're the ones that fight more and don't tend to live as long as beta males. They may leave more descendants but they pay a very high price for that benefit . . . if it's a benefit.

Maybe there is some sort of correlation between type A personalities and alpha males. Both kinds tend to be very domineering and assertive.
The As will be out showing off and strutting around while the Bs are behind the scenes, getting the job done.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I totally agree. I am just a human/person. Labels do not matter much. But I am just trying to find labels in order for people to understand me easier.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 07 Sep 2015, 23:55

I'm not so sure the alpha label is reflective

Many behave on the internet in a way they would not in real life giving the impression of a strong confident individual when in fact they rely on the internet to enable them to have that confident/non confident barrier..a mask of interpretation and an enabling one at that.

We are at heart...still animals so it is inherent within us to find our place within our pier groups and no amount of beating ourselves up emotionaly will change that

Some need to spend a bit more of their lives liking who they are and stop looking to analyze every last emotion and feeling

Return to “Relationships”