Top tips for asexual flirting

General discussion about relationship issues.
PiF
Apositive Star

Top tips for asexual flirting

Postby PiF » 03 May 2016, 06:06

Asexuals, never start your chat up lines with," I do not find you sexually attractive. it's not you, it's me."

KAGU143
Administrator

Re: Top tip for asexual flirting

Postby KAGU143 » 03 May 2016, 09:22

LOL!
I think that would be true for any kind of flirting, at least if it's directed toward women. I think it would be true for a lot of men as well.
If your very first comment to a potential date addresses them as only a potential sexual partner . . . better try again.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

CatBunny
Established Member

Re: Top tip for asexual flirting

Postby CatBunny » 03 May 2016, 13:49

"I don't find anyone attractive! Honest! Maybe you are to someone else?!"

PiF
Apositive Star

Re: Top tips for asexual flirting

Postby PiF » 04 May 2016, 00:00

Hi, good to finally meet you. Me ? well I am .

Aboromantic Androromantic Aromantic Biromantic Gyneromantic Heteroromantic Homoromantic Panromantic Polyromantic
Proquuromantic (is there a fem version of this?) Sapioromantic (not actually sure where this one goes) Transromantic Acoromantic Adfecturomantic / Affecturomantic / Adfectual / Adforomantic Alloromantic / Zedromantic Alterous Apathromantic Apothiromantic Apresromantic Aroflux Arovague Autochorisromantic/Aegoromantic Bellusromantic Borearomantic Burstromantic Caedromantic Cupioromantic Demiromantic Frayromantic Grayromantic Hyporomantic Idemromantic Lithromantic / Aporomantic / Akoi(ne)romantic Nebularomantic Noviromantic Omniromantic Placioromantic Post rubor Quasiromantic Quoiromantic Recipromantic Requi(es)romantic Schromantic semisexual Amatonormitivity Aromate Lush Nonamory Peach Fuzz Plush Soft Romo Smuch Swish Squish Queerplatonic.

What's not to like?, enough about me, let's talk about you, only joking, it is all about me. :D...what? you have to go so soon?

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 04 May 2016, 10:26

Hi, As attractive as you are, getting to know you was more important

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 05 May 2016, 01:37

Another no no

Hell yeah I'm independent, wanna come back to my mum and dads where I live?

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 05 May 2016, 03:31

Another one: (Not an asexual, but I'm not making this shit up!)

Maybe you're different? Every single woman that I've met so far has been shallow, materialistic, and obsessed with my possessions rather than my deep spiritual character.
Oh, by the way, I live on a friend's undeveloped property in a 30 year-old camper shell that I salvaged off of an old pickup truck. It doesn't leak because I keep a tarp over it. I don't have electricity, a water source, or a toilet, but any woman who wants to live better than I do obviously has her priorities wrong and doesn't deserve a fine, Christian man like me.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

CatBunny
Established Member

Postby CatBunny » 20 May 2016, 11:33

"don't say anything with the word sex in it! it scares mmeeee! don't mention the word marriage even if it's not directed towards meeee! even babies! are you heterosexual?! that makes me even more uncomfortable of my own sexuality!!"
Trying to combine everything I saw on aven into this lol

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 21 May 2016, 23:49

Where do yo cross the line...something asexuals have to be aware of in the same way gay's have to be careful of when flirting with the opposite sex

I know I can flirt and have done but do so with no expectation of sex because it is not something I have a radar for, so where I as an asexual would need to be careful is where it changes for the other person from harmless flirting into "I think they want to have sex with me".

I haven't always gotten this right .....there have been occasions where I felt the person knew it was harmless flirting in a good humoured discussion but it turned out they thought I wanted to go further

I have got it right however more than I have gotten it wrong (you know this :lol: )..but it is that fine line..it is with this in mind that I generally drop the "A bomb", as some hip dudes have started to call it 8) ...at a point I feel it is going from a friend/person having a laugh to a friend/person starting to look at you doey eyed and making clear sexual intent statements.

But in general, we can push flirting further than most but we also need to have a bit more awareness that we are doing it

Return to “Relationships”