New Admin Wanted

Site-wide announcements. If we need to know it, post it here.
Karl
Administrator

New Admin Wanted

Postby Karl » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 am

Hey all

I must apologize for not spending more time here. I haven't done any work on the Knowledge Base for a number of months and seem to have little interest in the discussions taking place on the forums here. I'm glad that there are still some active members but I think you all need someone more committed than myself to step in and take the reins, so to speak, to prevent the place from stagnating and to encourage some more activity.

If there's anyone here that has the time and interest in taking over as the Administrator then please do let me know. I can set you up with Admin privileges both on the forum and blog and you can run things however you want. I would prefer that the new Admin be someone I already know to some extent but we'll have to see who is willing. We can always put it to a vote if more than one person is interested, or they could work as a team if that seems like a better idea.

At present, we still have six months of domain ownership and hosting with Godaddy set up. If no-one volunteers for this role during this period then I will not renew these and the site will cease to exist. If someone wants to take over ownership of the domain then we'll try to figure out how to do that when we get nearer to the end of the year.

Again, I apologize. I now recognize that I lose interest in projects very easily and that I therefore shouldn't have set myself up in a position like this where others are depending on someone to keep the ball rolling.

I will certainly remain available to offer technical support anyone who wants to step in to this position.

Please discuss...

Shockwave

Re: New Admin Wanted

Postby Shockwave » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:05 am

I'm not going to volunteer to admin the site because I recently started my own. However, if no-one wants to take over duties here I would like to transfer the knowledge base to my site. It would be a shame if all that work got wasted.

BTW, my site is http://forum.acelinkup.com

Gadfly-in-Chief
Established Member

Postby Gadfly-in-Chief » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:40 pm

Hmmm...........
Yes, the unexamined life is not worth living. But as a student of logic, you must realize that this does not imply that the examined life is.

Lehcar

Postby Lehcar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:17 pm

I think I'd be willing to. I'm at school this year, so I should have quite a bit of spare time. I love this forum - it's definitely more intellectual than AVEN, and I think that side of the asexual community needs to be represented. If no-one else more experienced offers, I'd definitely be up for it.

Witch of Wapping

Postby Witch of Wapping » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:48 am

This is not an offer - I don't have any of those computer skills - but I notice this website is starting to be quiet and that makes me sad. I haven't posted here recently either, of course. (I try to get more engaged in "the other place" - I'm a meetup organiser so that gives me a role - but it's still hard.) I think it would be wonderful if Lehcar or somebody else (depending on what Gadfly means by "Hmmm") takes it on. So just to encourage anywhen who's thinking of it...

Placebo
Established Member

Postby Placebo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:10 pm

I am sad to see this site slowing down, too. I think it is a really interesting place to explore various really cool themes. I'm not on the internet a ton, so I can't really cover all the knowledge base stuff, but I usually check in to the forums a couple of times a week; if there's a way I could help by working with that part, I'm willing to try it, although I've never done anything similar before.
"Now it's right for me to be me."

Phil Halvorsen, from "The [Widget], the [Wadget], and Boff" (Theodore Sturgeon)

Karl
Administrator

Postby Karl » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:56 am

Okay, so Lehcar is the only volunteer right now. I'm only going to leave the offer open for another couple of weeks, so speak now if you want to be involved.

Karl
Administrator

Postby Karl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:51 pm

I just checked my hosting account: the subscription expires on the January 5th 2009.

Anyone who wants to keep the site going should let me know ASAP so that we can make alternative arrangements.

Shockwave

Postby Shockwave » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:04 am

I like this site and want to keep it going, and since my own site isn't busy enough to require much attention I volunteer to admin this one. If that works out I will also take over full responsibility in January if you like.

Karl
Administrator

Postby Karl » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:42 am

Lehcar is also interested, so you two are welcome to work as a team, if you want. I think we really need more than one person to help keep this site going, anyway. I can work in the background as and when you need it and you can develop the community in whatever way you see fit between yourselves.

Karl
Administrator

Postby Karl » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:57 pm

Lehcar now has Admin rights for the forum and blog. If you would like to assist Lehcar with running Apositive then please contact them directly to discuss this. I will retain my Admin rights and will support Lehcar in a technical and website design role and I will also continue to host the site for as long as people are interested.

To avoid confusion, I've changed my username from Apositive Admin to Karl (my RL name).

Thanks for stepping in to take the reins, Lehcar! ;)

Shockwave

Postby Shockwave » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:57 pm

I know Lehcar a little from AVEN's chatroom and I'm sure the site is in capable hands with her.

And congratulations, Lehcar.