aromantic suggestion

A place for comments, criticism and suggestions about the website in general.
Spider

aromantic suggestion

Postby Spider » 15 Sep 2015, 22:44

I realize that the original intent for this site was asexuality, but there are also basically no social community for aros. How do you guys feel about a Romance/Aromantic section (under Sexuality) or w/e. Also, the "Apositive Knowledge Base" is a pretty cool concept, but feel it might benefit more as a Creative subforum.

But myself, as well as other I'm sure, would really appreciate something for aromantics too.

PiF
Apositive Star

Re: aromantic suggestion

Postby PiF » 16 Sep 2015, 00:20

I think..and this is just my own opinion...we have seen in aven that they have been creating sub forums and then sub forums of sub forums and in some places it is difficult to identify aven as an asexual site at all.

I know our group is smaller here but we do have some aro's in and I have yet to see any restriction on aro's expressing themselves in regards to asexuality or aromanticism or the combination of both.

I'm hoping some of the aro's will chime in and see what comes from that?

Spotastic
Established Member

Postby Spotastic » 16 Sep 2015, 12:32

I used to consider myself grey-romantic, but now I think I'm more firmly in the aromantic area. As far as things that I have seen on this site, I can't really see a reason to separate things specifically, like PiF said. Romantic orientation often ties pretty heavily to sexuality, and as such it seems like those subjects can be talked about in the same place. Depending on specifics, it could also go in relationships.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 18 Sep 2015, 05:28

I feel the same way.
I don't think that splitting ourselves into small subcategories would be very helpful in the long run, because interacting with, respecting, and learning to understand those who are different is an important part of being human.
There is no such thing as a safe place, neither online nor in the real world, but a safer place IS possible, and I think that goal is worth pursuing.

A group of asexuals will automatically have a lot of things in common, even if they aren't exactly alike, so their companionship will already be safer than that of the general public. Those commonalities can provide a good foundation for building friendships.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » 18 Sep 2015, 23:59

Don't we have an relationships forum anyway? I just post Aro stuff there.
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » 20 Sep 2015, 06:59

Well there's zis site I came across (nooooo idea at all who runs it ... hehe) that might have what you're looking for. Esp if the community there could be built up somewhat.
http://arocalypse.com/index/

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 20 Sep 2015, 07:23

He's such a pimp :lol:

flergalwit
Mega Member

Postby flergalwit » 20 Sep 2015, 09:03

He was a pimp
In a black beret
But he was an artiste
In his own way
Oh La La La
Oh La La La La

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0puHKg_CjQ&t=5m50s

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » 20 Sep 2015, 11:44

He isn't a Pimp, he's not demanding money to advertise for me :p
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 31 Oct 2015, 04:24

flergalwit wrote:Well there's zis site I came across (nooooo idea at all who runs it ... hehe) that might have what you're looking for. Esp if the community there could be built up somewhat. http://arocalypse.com/index/

I tried it and it spoke to me and said.... This Domain Name Has Expired - Renewal Instructions. Even the website does not want a relationship with anyone

Return to “Feedback”