Help deleting my account

A place for comments, criticism and suggestions about the website in general.
Charis

Help deleting my account

Postby Charis » 22 Nov 2015, 05:09

I would like to delete my account. I made it way back in 2010 and had honestly forgotten about it until I got a spam message from someone that was forwarded to my email. I never really posted and will not be posting anymore in the future. I've searched both the FAQ and the forum but can't find any information about how to delete my account myself. If a mod could do so that would be great. And in the future it would probably be beneficial to have an explanation how how to delete your account yourself or how to contact a mod to do so in the FAQ.

blazewater

Re: Help deleting my account

Postby blazewater » 22 Nov 2015, 19:31

I'd also appreciate my account deactivated after what was probably the same message. The forum also seems (ironically) very negative, from the very little I've seen, at least two of the main posters here are quite argumentative and rude.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 22 Nov 2015, 19:40

Send a pm to KAGU - she's the admin. If it can be done, she will do it. There aren't any mods, just her :)
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » 23 Nov 2015, 04:10

Thankfully, Ithaca informed me about the PM spammer yesterday and that person has been banned and deleted. I have no idea how many spam emails they sent, but it's possible that they might have hit the entire memberlist. (EXCEPT FOR ME!! }:( ) I would have banned them immediately if I had been aware of the problem.
Unfortunately, I can't delete PMs when I delete a member, so I don't know of any way to erase all of the spam, but what I CAN do (I think) is modify the permissions to prevent members from sending PMs to more than one user at a time. I don't think that will affect anybody.

As for deleting accounts . . .
Members can't delete their own accounts, but if anybody really can't stand being a member here at Apositive ( :wah: ) then I will do it as a courtesy.
Just PM me.
Blazewater and Charis, I will go ahead and take care of your accounts, but the door will be open if you ever want to come back.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 23 Nov 2015, 05:44

There was a spam email??? Maybe I ought to check my spam folder
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

Ciri
Mega Member

Postby Ciri » 23 Nov 2015, 05:57

Rude and argumentative?

Us?

Nancy, tell us it isn't so!
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

TheGuvnorsMoll

Postby TheGuvnorsMoll » 23 Nov 2015, 08:38

We're better off without those two if that's their attitude.
'The best Government is that which governs least, if at all' - Henry David Thoreau.

Tanwen
Mega Member

Postby Tanwen » 23 Nov 2015, 19:43

Ciri wrote:Rude and argumentative?

Us?

Nancy, tell us it isn't so!

Yeh, I was hurt by that remark too.

SpanishDuchess

Postby SpanishDuchess » 26 Nov 2015, 00:57

Tanwen wrote:
Ciri wrote:Rude and argumentative?

Us?

Yeh, I was hurt by that remark too.

Don't take it personally. Maybe they were referring to me.
Betrayal is the only truth that sticks. ~Arthur Miller

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 27 Jan 2016, 04:30

blazewater wrote:I'd also appreciate my account deactivated after what was probably the same message. The forum also seems (ironically) very negative, from the very little I've seen, at least two of the main posters here are quite argumentative and rude.

And your entitled to have that view but you do not seem to keen for others to have a view different from you...I am going to take a wild guess you were born between 1980 and 1999 :lol:

Skycaptain

Postby Skycaptain » 27 Jan 2016, 09:44

well I've never experienced any negativity here

PiF
Apositive Star

Postby PiF » 28 Jan 2016, 11:44

I think they meant me, I agree i can have my momments :mrgreen:

Return to “Feedback”