Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
User avatar
Pook
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:53 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Pook » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:47 pm

It's not trolling, it's "quality" posting

User avatar
KAGU143
Administrator
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:50 pm

I should probably be more bothered by all of this, but every now and then there's a comment that totally cracks me up.
My poor monitor . . . *wipes it again*
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Thrasymachus
Established Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Thrasymachus » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:57 pm

Frankly KAGU143 you are simply not credible. AVEN acts like it is jesus of webforums, the second coming: it doesn't even pretend it is a forum: "The Asexual Visibility and Education Network". It pretends it is a nexus of activism, advocacy, education, that it can replace social science research(which is one of the most pseudo-scientific branches of science research, but I trust social scientists more than stunted neckbeards who only know too much internet and entertainment industry nonsense because that is mostly what they consume so it is garbage in and garbage out).

Yet you ask me for proof of my claims, and not AVEN to prove its lunatic claims? Since you believe highly in surrogate online socialization, you switch the burden and ask me to provide proof, not the lunatic AVEN community. I should have known as the mere documentary Asexuality(2011) raised alot of alarm bells for me, but I registered anyway. I think the problems of AVEN are from the start, from inception, as David Jay is an unrealistic fruitloop. A forum cannot do all those things AVEN claims it can do and certainly not AVEN which is just for lonely people, as it stands now.

Lonely people online invest all the drama they create, online because that is what matters most to them. People with social lives, tend to expend their drama energy in real life, because real life matters the most to them. Thus when you have loneliness forums, mental health forums, hikikomori forums, depression forums, asexual forums, those forums have way too much drama and toxicity because there is something that really messes people up when they stare at screens too much and ignore real life social relationships. Like I said I have had bronchitis and have been shut in since the 16th and I am going apeshit.

User avatar
KAGU143
Administrator
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:07 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:Frankly KAGU143 you are simply not credible. AVEN acts like it is jesus of webforums, the second coming: it doesn't even pretend it is a forum: "The Asexual Visibility and Education Network". It pretends it is a nexus of activism, advocacy, education, that it can replace social science research(which is one of the most pseudo-scientific branches of science research, but I trust social scientists more than stunted neckbeards who only know too much internet and entertainment industry nonsense because that is mostly what they consume so it is garbage in and garbage out).

Yet you ask me for proof of my claims, and not AVEN to prove its lunatic claims? Since you believe highly in surrogate online socialization, you switch the burden and ask me to provide proof, not the lunatic AVEN community. I should have known as the mere documentary Asexuality(2011) raised alot of alarm bells for me, but I registered anyway. I think the problems of AVEN are from the started as David Jay is an unrealistic fruitloop. A forum cannot do all those things AVEN claims it can do and certainly not AVEN which is just for lonely people, as it stands now.

Lonely people online invest all the drama they create, online because that is what matters most to them. People with social lives, tend to expend their drama energy in real life, because real life matters the most to them. Thus when you have loneliness forums, mental health forums, hikikomori forums, depression forums, asexual forums, those forums have way too much drama and toxicity because there is something that really messes people up when they stare at screens too much and ignore real life social relationships. Like I said I have had bronchitis and have been shut in since the 16th and I am going apeshit.


Thanks for calling me incredible, but I'm really nothing special. :mrgreen:

Thrasymachus, you have just made it clear that you know NOTHING about me and what I believe. Shall I base your overall credibility on the accuracy that you displayed when you made that broad, sweeping, and totally incorrect statement about me? If I use that degree of accuracy as a baseline then you're scoring pretty close to zero.
Your opinions are only your opinions. They aren't facts.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Thrasymachus
Established Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Thrasymachus » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:16 pm

I have gone into with you so many times on your unrealistic views on surrogate socialization, so I am familiar how you pretend online socialization is ok, perhaps superior and there is nothing wrong with it.

Sorry, if you act like the burden of proof is on me, not one of the most toxic forums of the internet that pretends it is a nexus of friendship making for lonely people with little outside options in real life, the mecca for social science research on asexuality, a source for education on asexuality, media liaison with the asexual community, etc. then you are the one that has no credibility. It is that simple and the end of the story. The defenders of AVEN and its pretend lofty goals have to make the proof, because they are the ones with the big claims. Those are just batshit crazy and hubristic claims for a webforum if it is one of the best out there. But AVEN is not that. Most posts on AVEN are posted by people who are simply looking to waste time and that of others, because they are lonely.

You cannot flip the script on this one. If AVEN disappeared tomorrow and all its nonsense dungeons and dragon made up terms by neckbeards and for neckbeards with it, asexuality could have a chance at being credible. As it is, asexuality can only be seen as a joke as long as AVEN dominates Google search terms and discourse.

Larien
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:12 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Larien » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:21 pm

Thras, do you want a hug?

♥ Steph ♥
Regular Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:47 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby ♥ Steph ♥ » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:23 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
Yet you ask me for proof of my claims, and not AVEN to prove its lunatic claims? Since you believe highly in surrogate online socialization, you switch the burden and ask me to provide proof, not the lunatic AVEN community. I should have known as the mere documentary Asexuality(2011) raised alot of alarm bells for me, but I registered anyway. I think the problems of AVEN are from the start, from inception, as David Jay is an unrealistic fruitloop. A forum cannot do all those things AVEN claims it can do and certainly not AVEN which is just for lonely people, as it stands now.


I can back my claims up. Would you like the publishings of Anthony Bogeart or Lori Brotto (Whom I am actually working with; she is the main researcher for the MRI experiments I tested). Or would you rather see my Bachelor degree in Political Science (A category of Social Science) with York University; Canada. Additionally, I can point you to multiple, credible university studies that I have processed for advertising through AVEN's forums and social media. Like I said; we are a NETWORK not a NEXUS. We don't control everything asexual, but we do our damn best to ensure we interact with everything online that is asexual.

Also AVEN is a Non-for-Profit Organization, registered with the U.S government. San Francisco Municipality If I'm not mistaken (Mic could correct me on that). So you are correct. A Forum could not achieve what AVEN 'boasts' but a NPO certainly could.
Last edited by ♥ Steph ♥ on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faeriefate
New Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby faeriefate » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:25 pm

Thras. We're not making claims. We know that AVEN isn't perfect and that some of the criticism we get are legit issues. We want to fix it. That's why I've become a mod there. To fix it. The thing is, your statements are broad and opinionated, yet you state them as facts. You don't like AVEN? Fine. Not everyone has to. All that I, as a moderator, ask is tell me what you don't like about it so that we can fix it. Not just resort to blatant insults. I do apologize for my sarcasm earlier. I shouldn't been more polite, but in all honesty it's hard to not be bitter when you're working hard to fix things and someone is acting like it'll never be able to be fixed.

If you feel that strongly about AVEN, then please help us. Tell us what you think is wrong and what we might do to fix it. Otherwise we'll keep going on in our broken ways. I will tone myself down a in this discussion, but if you can't provide me with anything helpful, then I can't stay in this conversation. In all honesty, I just want to help AVEN and I'm having issues doing that when the only criticism I get on the site is "everyone sucks".

So, if you really care so much about AVEN to rant about it in another forum that AVENites know of, then I assume that you care about it to give me some feedback in ways that we can help fix AVEN. This extension goes to everyone. If anyone actually wants AVEN to get better and cares to help improve it, send me a message on here. Give me some constructive criticism. It doesn't have to be positive. If you think that the way we do things is horrible, please tell me, but please give me something that I can work with. I'm getting incredibly frustrated that no one is giving me anything that I can work with so that I can help the site. Specific issues you have are appreciated, because that's something that we can work with to fix. Everything and anything will be brought up to the rest of the team and if any admods see that it has value, we'll fight tooth-and-nail to get things changed, even if the others don't agree. We're far better at communicating ideas and discussing possible solutions to problems then we have been in the past, so don't think that these views will fall on deaf ears. We're listening, and we do agree with some of the things that are being said on here!

And Thras, if you really want to put the burden of proof on AVEN, I'll see what I can get you to prove that we're changing and trying to improve AVEN. Just be patient with me. Though, to be fair, I do need some kind of actual criticism to tell me how we can help.

User avatar
Pook
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:53 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Pook » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:26 pm

What I think Thrassy-poo really wants is a hug.

Thrasymachus
Established Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Thrasymachus » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:34 pm

I don't care about medical equipment research, medical research in general is one of the least scientific in the hierarchy of sciences. You can bullshit the younger neckbeards of AVEN but not me. Most people go onto masters/Phd because they want social status, money, I don't really care about that or like money and status grubbers. I don't even respect social science research much, like I have written numerous times, it is also not very scientific compared to hard sciences like physics or astronomy where there is less opportunity for financial bias to fudge results. You cannot lie about the position of Mars and spin that into financial gain like in medical/social science research which are lower in the hierarchy of sciences. My whole contention is that social science researchers could do better than AVEN's neckbeards and the crazy mess of useless terms and mangled definitions they have created.

Personally to me that AVEN is/can be registered as a non-profit is upsetting. I think it would be better for asexuals if AVEN the forum and non-profit go away.
Last edited by Thrasymachus on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KAGU143
Administrator
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:35 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:I have gone into with you so many times on your unrealistic views on surrogate socialization, so I am familiar how you pretend online socialization is ok, perhaps superior and there is nothing wrong with it.

Sorry, if you act like the burden of proof is on me, not one of the most toxic forums of the internet that pretends it is a nexus of friendship making for lonely people with little outside options in real life, the mecca for social science research on asexuality, a source for education on asexuality, media liaison with the asexual community, etc. then you are the one that has no credibility. It is that simple and the end of the story. The defenders of AVEN and its pretend lofty goals have to make the proof, because they are the ones with the big claims. Those are just batshit crazy and hubristic claims for a webforum if it is one of the best out there. But AVEN is not that. Most posts on AVEN are posted by people who are simply looking to waste time and that of others, because they are lonely.

You cannot flip the script on this one. If AVEN disappeared tomorrow and all its nonsense dungeons and dragon made up terms by neckbeards and for neckbeards with it, asexuality could have a chance at being credible. As it is, asexuality can only be seen as a joke as long as AVEN dominates Google search terms and discourse.

Thrasymachus, once again: Citation needed.

Since you have communicated with me ONLY here on these forums, everything I have ever said to you is still here in print. I am giving you permission to copy and paste the post where I said that I think that online socialization is okay, or perhaps superior.

AND you need to copy/paste more than one instance since you specifically said, and I quote:
I have gone into with you so many times

That isn't specifying a number, but it does say "many", so there should definitely be more than one conversation on the topic.

The reality is that you aren't reading what I wrote; you are reading INTO what I wrote. There is a very big difference between the two.

As an aside, if you consider online socialization to be such a waste of time, why are you engaging in so much of it? I know you said you are sick with bronchitis, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody, but maybe you should curl up with a good book and have some hot soup or something.
Relax. Forget the internet until you feel better. Apositive will still be here.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Thrasymachus
Established Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Thrasymachus » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:50 pm

Sorry your extreme nitpicking and white knight role playing is why people don't like AVENites and AVEN supporters, Kagu.

What I am doing on online webforums is discussing things I cannot in real life, like asexuality not surrogate socialization. I do my socialization, chit-chat and friend making in real life. Actually I don't really do that(try to make new friends) since I have closed myself off to meeting new people because what most people are about is the next tv show, their next beer, the next cigarette, the next marijuana joint, etc. so it is not really of much benefit to expand my social circle.

♥ Steph ♥
Regular Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:47 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby ♥ Steph ♥ » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:17 pm

I understand that the LGBTQ+ community is well known for rejecting social customs and traditions with intense vigor. However you Thrasymachus appear to put them all to shame. You reject any concept you come across, combat any person you come across. This conversation has gone from entertaining for me to genuine sadness and pity.

Living an reclusive life is a noble cause and one that I could appreciate. However having such a pessimistic attitude to the world; I genuinely pity.

User avatar
KAGU143
Administrator
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:23 pm

Nitpicking? Just because I asked you to PROVE one of your sweeping generalizations?
And not only that - an easy one, because the proof (if there is any) is right here in this forum.
Since you seem to like colloquial English, here's a sample for you: When you stir up a shitstorm you're gonna end up wearing some.
To put it another way: Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

You are accusing the majority of AVENites of being lonely social misfits, and yet only a page or so later you say:
I do my socialization and friend making in real life. Actually I don't really do that since I have closed myself off to meeting new people because what most people are about is the next tv show, beer, cigarette, marijuana joint, etc. so it is not really of much benefit to expand my social circle.

This fruit is hanging so low . . . I just can't. It would be mean. (Note: I quoted it before it was edited.)

Apositive is actually a very good place to talk about asexuality. The primary purpose for this forum is to be a sort of Asexuality 2.0, where people who are past the questioning stages can discuss practical solutions for some of the relationship problems that can be associated with being asexual. (And there ARE some potential problems. It would be foolish to deny that reality.)
If you have no interest in being in any sort of relationship then being asexual is a moot point. It should make no difference at all in that case, but most asexuals DO want to be in relationships - just not sexual ones.

Apositive is NOT a good place to come and try to redefine what asexuality is, it's not a good place to come and try to invalidate the way that other people experience asexuality, and it's not a good place to denigrate the younger people who are trying on asexuality to see if it fits.

If that's what you want to do here then you're going to encounter quite a bit of resistance, and to no real purpose since you won't change anybody else's opinion.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

♥ Steph ♥
Regular Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:47 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby ♥ Steph ♥ » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:30 pm

Can't believe I'm about to say this but...

Apositive is the forum for Asexuals that have moved beyond the need of AVEN. Everyone using this form has already been around the concept of Asexuality and formed their own opinions on the matter. In simpler terms, AVEN could be seen as an Elementary School for Asexuality knowledge (Where the majority have minimal previous knowledge) and Apositive is the highschool equivalent where everyone already has a basic understanding. Nancy is correct and I have to agree.

User avatar
Tanwen
Mega Member
Posts: 884
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:00 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Tanwen » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:02 am

Pook wrote:Thrasymachus is AVEN's Trump

He will build a wall to keep the neckbeards out and make AVEN great again.


I think the admods are doing a remarkably good job of that all by themselves :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

PiF
Apositive Star
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby PiF » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:31 am

I thought I would watch a while and then jump in if that's okay :D

Thras does their own thing, way to technical for me as I suspect most of you will know by now but a few observations if I may?

Thrasymachus wrote:I don't really follow AVEN as closely as PIF(quite frankly how deeply he follows a forum he was banned from it seems years ago is creepy to me), but some of his posts do a good job of showing that asexuality is like a bus that many nerdy young people get on and off like just another fashion trend or meme that they might follow.


I iz creepy? I think you will find that is another of arches names

Aven is the largest asexual forum, it currently does more damage to the integrity of asexuality than any other forum..as someone who wants to ensure asexuality is taken seriously, of course I'm going to see what they do..as to the bus and people...that is easy to see for anyone, asexuality appears to be nothing more than an online movement by white female teenagers at college/uni...that comes from avens own figures...I follow them in the hope one day we can help people see Asexuality differently but also something honest across all ages

Pook wrote: make it mandatory that you must insult someone once every sentence or be immediately banned.


Arch honey..seek help....you've got to get this banning obsession you have removed.....it will help you in the long run :lol: ...now simply breath...and relax

faeriefate wrote: I think PiF has a better idea on the matter than you do.
...I always have had, more than most..but very few believed me till it happened to them too...nobody loves me, where is my cotton wool and safe place when I need them :wah: :wah: :wah: :D :lol:

faeriefate wrote: Lastly, to rub some extra salt into the wound, the fact that you and PiF both come on an asexual site to complain about asexuality is not lost on me.


If I may..there will be no salt rubbing on my wounds thank you missy...but I will point out two things...you came onto this site for a row..secondly I am a full time asexual who is passionate about asexuality and it's direction, where should I go if I wish to discuss asexuality...your comment would explain you feeling lost...I am however able to offer a map if it helps...always happy to help :P

Pook wrote:Thrasymachus is AVEN's Trump He will build a wall to keep the neckbeards out and make AVEN great again.


Come on Arch...you must have drunk a whole bottle of irony for that post...if we had a poll...i know you like those....whose name do you think would be at the top if the question was asked...what admod recently sought to put up more walls around aven ..than any other mod in avens history..go on..have a guess who it might be :lol:

Pook wrote:What I think Thrassy-poo really wants is a hug.


GOD DAMMIT ARCH.....BE CAREFUL..you know some people will try and ban you if you say the word "POO"...I gotchya back bro

Apart from that..the rest is all your own discussions

I would like to end with a a small observation...it's good to see so many of avens admod team in here speaking so openly...Nancy would never stop you from doing so as she is a good egg and most I suspect in here would not have it any other way...the team is always and has always been welcome to join in

It's part of Nancy's and Kæth's ethos on apos that I have always enjoyed...and it must feel great for some of the team to have the openess in here that they sometimes deny to others in the place where they set the rules..a point to ponder

Steph makes a reasonable point..aven is 101..something I have said for years in my own way of, look at their header if you want to know what an asexual is...but for the love of god do not go in there, you will become more confused than the pope with a hooker in front of him :D

What apos offers is not only a step above avens 101 but it also welcomes 101...but more importantly it welcomes free thinking at a time ..other places are continuing to try and shut it down

On that one ideal alone...as a forum but more as an asexual forum......Apositive is an invaluable resource for asexuality and a credit to Nancy and Kæth on how it is run...I thank you both for that freedom
Last edited by PiF on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tanwen
Mega Member
Posts: 884
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:00 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Tanwen » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:24 am

It is indeed interesting PiF that so many admods have turned up and able to post in a way that would probably earn an instant 'nudge' if not a 'Warn' but that's the beauty of this site - Nancy (mostly) lets us get on with it. But I hope the admods also remember that nothing Thras says here can be used against him on AVEN :D
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali

Thrasymachus
Established Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Thrasymachus » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:20 am

@Tanwen/@PIF:
So basically all the low post count members of apositive who suddenly appeared to heckle me in this thread are mods/admins/admods(wtf is an admod?) of AVEN? Is there any more proof needed for how/why AVEN is a neckbeard forum?

How do people who have 10,000+ posts in a low-quality forum, who cannot seem to socialize in real life think they can mock others? What just because there is alot of your toxic kind suddenly in this thread who probably did something nerdy like send a facebook mass message/IRC/skype/etc. "look at what Thrasymachus who wrote all of under 55 posts in AVEN wrote about our stinkhole AVEN on apositive.org", you get confidence? It is exactly like 4chan/other chanboards/Reddit in other words, just the asexual equivalent. I hate to break it you geeks, you can pile onto people online all you want, but the societal mainstream still has the sense to notice that there is something wrong with being a shut-in socializing only or mainly on the net(for now at least, eventually that will change and neckbeard values will probably become the new mainstream).

PiF
Apositive Star
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby PiF » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:35 am

Admod is an abbreviation...admins...mods= admods To be fair to them they did join in their aven names so there was no deception..just differences of opinion

I think secretly they do enjoy the ability in here that they refuse to others in there...I have no problem with that as I would rather still keep doors open in here...rather than put up walls as they are doing in there

as to post numbers...in the old days it was clear, as they used to have join date shown also..for instance I can see when people have joined and most of those posting heavy numbers will have been members for over 5 years and some from 2004...not all heavy post count numbers are newbies or recent.... for example a certain person has 22,065 posts but has invested in aven/asexuality since 19-August 04

I do feel it is now more of a social network than an asexual one which would explain its largely isolating full time asexuals

I had never heard of a neckbeard until yesterday, then I saw a picture and did chuckle

♥ Steph ♥
Regular Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:47 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby ♥ Steph ♥ » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:48 am

Thrasymachus wrote:@Tanwen/@PIF:
So basically all the low post count members of apositive who suddenly appeared to heckle me in this thread are mods/admins/admods(wtf is an admod?) of AVEN? Is there any more proof needed for how/why AVEN is a neckbeard forum?

How do people who have 10,000+ posts in a low-quality forum, who cannot seem to socialize in real life think they can mock others? What just because there is alot of your toxic kind suddenly in this thread who probably did something nerdy like send a facebook mass message/IRC/skype/etc. "look at what Thrasymachus who wrote all of under 55 posts in AVEN wrote about our stinkhole AVEN on apositive.org", you get confidence? It is exactly like 4chan/other chanboards/Reddit in other words, just the asexual equivalent. I hate to break it you geeks, you can pile onto people online all you want, but the societal mainstream still has the sense to notice that there is something wrong with being a shut-in socializing only or mainly on the net(for now at least, eventually that will change and neckbeard values will probably become the new mainstream).


Holy Hypocrisy Batman!

Lets break down more shall we? I'm a Project Team Member of AVEN. I don't hide my words behind another identity, proudly express and own each statement I make. Additionally you claim that 'more proof' is necessary, yet repeatedly - by myself, Nancy and others - we ask for citations and sources to your claims. Using 2 Admods/ 1 PT member out of the total 30 Staff clearly suffices for your, again, broad generalization.

Two. You can't possibly know our real life socialization habits without us expressing what they are. This is a hypocritical point from you as a few posts ago you expressed your socialization habits.

Thrasymachus wrote:What I am doing on online webforums is discussing things I cannot in real life, like asexuality not surrogate socialization. I do my socialization, chit-chat and friend making in real life. Actually I don't really do that(try to make new friends) since I have closed myself off to meeting new people because what most people are about is the next tv show, their next beer, the next cigarette, the next marijuana joint, etc. so it is not really of much benefit to expand my social circle.


You've made your social habits well known through that wonderful fasicious and sarcastic statement where you claim to not make new friends or chit-chat. Should we cross out socialization along with the other statements you reject?

Therefore, assumptions on our individual social lives is, unfortunately, a dead end unless we specifically state them to you.

Moving on; yes this Apositive thread was sent into the Admods skype chat with comments such as 'Great burn Steph' and ''Shots fired Nancy''. Next we'll be sending videos around of Bernie Sanders talking with a Pigeon. It's talking, people share stories. I don't see how communication equates directly to being a neckbeard. Or isn't that a Paradox as neckbeards are meant to be anti-social and outcasts, not people who talk with a large group of individuals? I'll leave that one to the philosophers to decide.

I don't know what is mainstream anymore. I don't really care. Everyone should do what they like.

PiF
Apositive Star
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby PiF » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:50 am

I heard Bernie prefers Pheasant, Just saying

User avatar
Thom
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:26 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Thom » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:07 am

*pulls out popcorn*

When the site was hidden to guests, I ran for the hills. It says a lot about the site if you can't look around before joining. Though, quite honestly the publicity it gets pretty much point to the fact that those advocating for it have know idea what real asexuality is. Always about people that don't want sex or people like David Jay that just has a large group of friends to imitate a relationship. These documentaries on it really make asexuals look like a fucking joke. AVEN's gotta get it right and separate themselves from that clownshow as soon as possible.

Holy fucking shit, though, Thrasymuchus. Smoke a blunt or something and calm the f*ck down. Like I said, the place is a joke, stop taking them and their members so fucking seriously. Anyone who chooses to spend this much time on something they hate is fucking pathetic.

The only one here whose not being completely pathetic is PiF. I mean, they're right, but they also didn't get involved in all of this bullshit drama. The f*ck is up with the AVEN admods to all come here and attack a guy for not liking them? They all signed up on the same damned day too! At least PiF here can actually what the issue is, and based on what PiF says I guess I was right. The place is a joke. The admods will ban you for insulting someone on their site but then all come on here to attack someone.
Image

I'm an egotistical maniac, and that makes me better than everyone else.
Because at least I can accept it.

Music Because I Can.

Ciri
Mega Member
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Ciri » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:45 am

Can't be bothered to read the text walls.

Logged in to say the hyperbole fricking amazing.

And Steph's PT so they can't ban people.

*gets out a new bag of Toffee Popcorn*
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

User avatar
KAGU143
Administrator
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby KAGU143 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:48 am

You missed all of the excitement last night, Ciri.
There were a record number of new members who signed up in a relatively short amount of time, too, and most of them weren't even duplicate accounts!
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

PiF
Apositive Star
Posts: 2269
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby PiF » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:53 am

It reminded me of my last sex session, very quick in, very intense, didn't last long. Cest la Vie :oops:

Thom raised a particular point I am ummin and arrin about

If the sudden joining was to take part in a conversation that people felt passionatley about then that was great

IF they did join just to gang up on a single member...I've been there..it ain't nice and certianly it would not be tolerated in the other place.

I hope it was for the former..as it would be nice to keep dialogue open
Last edited by PiF on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ciri
Mega Member
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Ciri » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:57 am

You've all behaved fucking ridiculously over the past few pages.

Pif - Don't feed the trolls.

Larien and Arche basically showed up to vent anger and feed the troll. Isn't it against your own rules to come to a forum to disrupt the peace as you would call it? The amount of threads I've seen in Declass say that you would warn/ban people who brought Avalanche problems over to Aven...and you've literally just done the same fucking thing. Fairyfate too. Steph joined in to some extent. If somebody did that to your forum, you'd have a problem with it. And it says in elections you represent Aven and Asexuality. If this is how the representatives behave, I don't want to be part of this movement anymore.

What the f*ck is wrong with you people?
You're all dead and I'm your eternal punishment.

User avatar
KAGU143
Administrator
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby KAGU143 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:18 am

To be fair, when someone not only attacks the basic tenets of a topic that we all hold dear, but even insults those who HOLD to those tenets, it's very hard to sit back and stay objective. When they seem to believe that they are right and that everybody else is wrong . . . well . . . at the very least, there will be some heated discussion.

If someone chooses to act like a troll, they are going to be treated like a troll. That means that they're not going to be allowed to spout nonsense without being challenged.
I LOVE a good troll attack and it's been a long time since Apos has had one! I'm not sure that Thras precisely fits the definition of troll, but his posts have provided a similar level of excitement.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

User avatar
Pook
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:53 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Pook » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:02 pm

I don't think Thras is a troll. I do think they need to learn how to communicate without insulting people if they ever want to be taken seriously.

I also think they could use a hug. That much negativity is not good.

User avatar
Tanwen
Mega Member
Posts: 884
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:00 am

Re: Remind me Never EVER look at AVEN again!

Postby Tanwen » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:05 pm

Ciri made a vaid point though, don't you think? If A Pos members had done that on AVEN, we'd have been warned and banned in triple quick time. Their hypocrisy is showing.

Are you going to help them Pook or ban them? You know that by your own rules (which most of you have broken here) state that you can't use anything Thras has written here against him on AVEN *Goes out to buy more popcorn*
You lose nothing when fighting for a cause ... In my mind the losers are those who don't have a cause they care about. - Muhammad Ali